Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    I know we had this discussion before but the Noah pick in my opinion was the mistake pick. Maybe in 2 to 3 years I will be proven wrong but we could of had Swift, Taylor, Akers or Dobbins if we didnt made that pick. We all talked about RB in the 1st and 2nd round so its not like it was something we are talking about after the fact. Even if we picked a WR Higgins and Pittman went 3 or 4 picks later. Noah was a luxury pick, we should of went more for a need like RB or WR.
    I mean hindsight is 2020, but I did really like the pick at first. No one expected X to come back and be THIS good. Plus heís had knee injuries every year heís played. So I understood the pick. In Flos mind he was probably thinking ďHereís a guy that is super raw but I can mold him to be a stud and replace X or Needham.Ē Plus injuries happen to CBs all the time. But it just so happens that both guys coals out and played incredible all year AND stayed healthy.

But this is exactly what worries me about the teams focus going forward. I completely understand adding depth EVERYWHERE, a #4 CB is super important. But how about we patch up a few holes elsewhere first.

Flo's defenses are known to use multiple fronts, including a ton of nickel and dime packages. Iggy was a pick based upon Flo's desire to use multiple DBs. He was not drafted to replace X or Jones, but to take over the NCB from Needham. Iggy will be the starter at NCB in 2021, whether he excels or not, he has to play in order to see what he can become. He's got the wheels to stick with those quick, twitchy WRs. But I never envisioned him as a starting boundary CB outside of emergency snaps.

I was okay not taking a RB with the Iggy pick, and I'm still okay with it right now. Gaskin played very well in a starting role. even though Swift and Taylor have been doing really good, Not sure they do that good in MIA. we'll never know.

so there is A LOT more smoke out there regarding Watson and the Phins . . . way more than I honestly expected. Mort is reporting Watson would waive his NTC to come to MIA. He can also sit out 2021 with HOU. He holds all the cards right now. Tough spot for a new GM and a new HC to deal with. Who the heck wants to go to HOU if Watson is not part of the team?

Watson could force HOU to take whatever offer MIA throws at them. Can it be as easy as Tua and #3 for Watson? or Tua, #3 and 2022 1st rd pick? Tua, #18, #36 and 2022 1st rd pick? Should make for a fun off-season of speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    Flo's defenses are known to use multiple fronts, including a ton of nickel and dime packages. Iggy was a pick based upon Flo's desire to use multiple DBs. He was not drafted to replace X or Jones, but to take over the NCB from Needham. Iggy will be the starter at NCB in 2021, whether he excels or not, he has to play in order to see what he can become. He's got the wheels to stick with those quick, twitchy WRs. But I never envisioned him as a starting boundary CB outside of emergency snaps.

I was okay not taking a RB with the Iggy pick, and I'm still okay with it right now. Gaskin played very well in a starting role. even though Swift and Taylor have been doing really good, Not sure they do that good in MIA. we'll never know.
    See that seems like the original plan, but thereís no way you can predict that right now. Noah was exclusively trained at outside CB last year. From all the reports, he barely even saw practice time at Nickel if at all. Now thatís probably because he was so raw and nickel is tricky to learn, but still he has no experience there right now. Maybe they start to give him reps in camp and train him to replace Needham next year if they donít extend him, but Needham has played really well.

I think the pick went one of two ways. They thought someone would get hurt and need a good backup, or they thought he would be much better at Nickel and he flopped.

Noah was crazy raw coming in, they knew he would be a project.

Flores wants good CBs, he saw a guy he could mold, and drafted him. You shouldn't wait until you need a cornerback to draft one, especially with Flores defense.

Well, it was bound to happen. Armando posted an article today talking to three anonymous players who werenít impressed with Tua. Iím paraphrasing a bit but it basically breaks down to the players saying they thought Fitz was better and didnít really see anything special in Tua. All said he was a good teammate and they like him but they were frustrated when Fitz wasnít the starter and are worried that Tua wonít develop to the same level as Mahomes, Allen or Watson.

Also talked about how can Grier and Flores say itís a competition everywhere but then they come out and say Tua is the starter next year.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Well, it was bound to happen. Armando posted an article today talking to three anonymous players who werenít impressed with Tua. Iím paraphrasing a bit but it basically breaks down to the players saying they thought Fitz was better and didnít really see anything special in Tua. All said he was a good teammate and they like him but they were frustrated when Fitz wasnít the starter and are worried that Tua wonít develop to the same level as Mahomes, Allen or Watson.

Also talked about how can Grier and Flores say itís a competition everywhere but then they come out and say Tua is the starter next year.
    I get some of the beef some players have, especially if they were balling out with Fitz at QB. But you don't draft a QB at #5 and not start him. There really should be no real competition in 2021 for Tua at QB. It should be his chance to shine without worrying about who is behind him. Let him go out and play his game and see what he has over a full season, with weapons. If it is apparent he does not possess high end traits in a NFL caliber QB, then look for another option. I can see Gesicki being one of the guys, cause he was going nuts with Fitz, and then cooled off with Tua. Wonder if these players are FA at the end of the year? way to be anonymous guys lol.

Tua was never going to amaze anyone with his arm strength, it was always about accuracy with him. Why players are coming out with this is just dumb. Brady never had a cannon, but he is sooooo accurate. If the kid completes close to 70% of passes next year, and has a 2:0.5 TD to INT ratio, then he's playing his game.

I would still include him in a trade for Watson, no doubt about it, but I'm also very happy with him starting next year for us

Yea Geiscki basically told the media he preferred Fitz, so Iíd throw him in there. Iím also getting DVP vibes since those are the two directly affected the most with the change. Armando also seems to have good connections with X so maybe heís in there as well.

I understand the players being frustrated, because Tua wasnít that great and everyone loves Fitz. But itís BS to come out and do this as an anonymous player to the media after the guy played one year. Like Jesus, Geiscki looked like a loser and so did DVP. Itís just a **** thing to do.

This is exactly what I was afraid of with the constant Fitz stuff. The players also mentioned that they were bummed when Fitz got covid cause they thought he would help win that game. Could explain why the team came out so flat. This is why I was so critical of Flo pulling Tua, because you allow stuff like this to grow. You absolutely cannot bring Fitz back next year now. That divide will just be too much for a locker room to handle.

Yeah this is really a moot point for me. Some players will like 1 qb over the other and you can probably narrow it down to who had success with Fitz and who didn't have success with Tua. Parker and Gesicki stand out as mention above. Also, this is why Fitz won't be back with Miami. I'm not drafting a qb @ #5 and not giving him a couple years to be the franchise qb. Fitz was only relevant this year because Tua was coming off an injury. It's off season time and click bait time so I will leave it at that. If it's WRs who don't like Tua then figure out who it is and have their names discussed in trade scenarios. You know what would've given Miami the best chance at winning? Almost every other teams WR room than what we put out on the field for week 17.

Quote Originally Posted by poppapuh86 View Post
    Yeah this is really a moot point for me. Some players will like 1 qb over the other and you can probably narrow it down to who had success with Fitz and who didn't have success with Tua. Parker and Gesicki stand out as mention above. Also, this is why Fitz won't be back with Miami. I'm not drafting a qb @ #5 and not giving him a couple years to be the franchise qb. Fitz was only relevant this year because Tua was coming off an injury. It's off season time and click bait time so I will leave it at that. If it's WRs who don't like Tua then figure out who it is and have their names discussed in trade scenarios. You know what would've given Miami the best chance at winning? Almost every other teams WR room than what we put out on the field for week 17.
    Problem with trading these players is you get less back in return. Basically thats what we did with Tannehill and then we end up getting rid of Tannehill and then we ended up without receivers.

If the players don't think Tua has the talent getting rid of those players won't solve the real problem.

Itís on Tua to prove them wrong. Welcome to the NFL. Canít baby him and if heís not able to push through this and get better because of it then heís not the guy we thought he was.

Tyreek Hill thought Mahomes sucked at the end of his rookie season too. Gotta do more.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    Problem with trading these players is you get less back in return. Basically thats what we did with Tannehill and then we end up getting rid of Tannehill and then we ended up without receivers.

If the players don't think Tua has the talent getting rid of those players won't solve the real problem.
    I think you missed my point. If they don;t think Tua has the talent based off them not putting up the stats because they don't fit the offense that best utilities Tua's talents then yes you do get rid of them. Especially if it's a oft-injured WR. This off-season we have the ability to add 1 or 2 WR who fit the system Tua can excel. I think we can agree it's on the head coach to realize this and work with the GM to bring those players in via FA and Draft. If not, then it's a failure on the staff and front office not Tua.

Tannehill was the problem. He needs a very good o line and a run first offense keeping him under 25 passing attempts to succeed. The issue was the crossroads Miami was at with the state of our franchise over the next few years and Tannehill's pay. He's been with the Titans 2 years and they haven't done anything.

The #Dolphins the list of candidates for their open OC job: #Clemson OC Tony Elliott, #Chargers QB coach Pep Hamilton, #49ers run game coordinator Mike McDaniel, #Steelers QB coach Matt Canada, and #Dolphins RBs coach Eric Studesville and QBs coach George Godsey.

Dolphins are believed to be taking a hard look at Steelers QBs coach Matt Canada for OC. Canada consulted with Miami last year, acquitted himself well in Pittsburgh.

Pep Hamilton is obviously the top of the list, but man I would love Tony Elliot or McDaniel. Both know how to use misdirection and how to actually scheme players open. The other three are meh to me. Just donít know how I feel about someone in house considering and I donít want anyone associated to that Pitt offense.

I also like that weíre going for up and comers instead of retreads. I joked a lot about Flo hiring random no name guys last year and it turns out the highs school coach he brought in was the 3rd down defensive coach. So gotta trust him there.

Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast