Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    13,903

    2022 Miami Dolphins Mock Offseason Thread

    Testino23 recommended it last year and Im keeping it going.

    Please use this thread to post your full dream scenario for the off season. Can be a mock draft. Could be a full FA plan. Weve got $75 mil in cap space and 9 picks so show us what you got! Lets just try and keep the mocks in this thread and keep news or conversations in the other threads.

    All I know is that well all be wrong and the first signing of FA will be someone we hate. Or of course the Watson trade could happen

    Welcome Back Sweet Prince

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Stark County, IL
    Posts
    2,137
    Aaron Rogers (3 yr contract) please and have him bring WR Adams with him. In 2023 draft a QB to be his understudy. Spend $$ on the OL and make it solid.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    974
    Quote Originally Posted by Knuckleball Rob View Post
    Aaron Rogers (3 yr contract) please and have him bring WR Adams with him. In 2023 draft a QB to be his understudy. Spend $$ on the OL and make it solid.
    OH!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,412
    so, would it be worth while trading our 2022 1st rd pick for Calvin Ridley? if he is fully committed to football, I think he'd be a better option than the WRs that would be available via the draft in the late 20s. Ridley, Waddle and Parker would be a pretty electric trio of WRs for Tua to have. Then just buy OL in FA and fill some other minor needs via FA and the draft.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    10,484
    Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    so, would it be worth while trading our 2022 1st rd pick for Calvin Ridley? if he is fully committed to football, I think he'd be a better option than the WRs that would be available via the draft in the late 20s. Ridley, Waddle and Parker would be a pretty electric trio of WRs for Tua to have. Then just buy OL in FA and fill some other minor needs via FA and the draft.
    Ridley might be better or at least safer than anyone we pick in the first but that 1st round pick will be cheap for 4 years.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    13,903
    If we still had Flo Id probably be more on board with Ridley. But unfortunately a new HC resets the timeline. Obviously I dont think were looking at a full rebuild again, but Im not expecting playoffs next year.

    I can take a growing year from a rookie that will give me longer upside potential than a quick shot in the arm like Ridley. Hes an incredible talent and would immediately make the team better, but it feels weird given the timeline of the team.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,412
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    If we still had Flo Id probably be more on board with Ridley. But unfortunately a new HC resets the timeline. Obviously I dont think were looking at a full rebuild again, but Im not expecting playoffs next year.

    I can take a growing year from a rookie that will give me longer upside potential than a quick shot in the arm like Ridley. Hes an incredible talent and would immediately make the team better, but it feels weird given the timeline of the team.
    I just feel like the defense is playoff caliber right now, and they will be adding more in FA and draft. Even two OL FAs will bolster this offense. I think Ridley would give us a decent window of playoffs and potential AFCCG or even SB if the defense plays like it did the last 7 weeks of 2021. But word is Ridley might be had for a 2nd, which we would not find anything better than Ridley.

    Even if Ridley only has 3 really good years left, that is still worth a 2nd rd pick. Plus, if this FO wants to move on from Parker and/or Gesicki, Ridley becomes even more important. Trade a 2nd for Ridley, sign two legit starting OL, sign a RB, and then add a LBer, and all of a sudden we are looking like a pretty dang good, balanced team.

    No matter what this team does, it all hinges on Tua anyways. why not provide Tua another WR he is familiar with?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    13,903
    Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    I just feel like the defense is playoff caliber right now, and they will be adding more in FA and draft. Even two OL FAs will bolster this offense. I think Ridley would give us a decent window of playoffs and potential AFCCG or even SB if the defense plays like it did the last 7 weeks of 2021. But word is Ridley might be had for a 2nd, which we would not find anything better than Ridley.

    Even if Ridley only has 3 really good years left, that is still worth a 2nd rd pick. Plus, if this FO wants to move on from Parker and/or Gesicki, Ridley becomes even more important. Trade a 2nd for Ridley, sign two legit starting OL, sign a RB, and then add a LBer, and all of a sudden we are looking like a pretty dang good, balanced team.

    No matter what this team does, it all hinges on Tua anyways. why not provide Tua another WR he is familiar with?
    I generally agree with what youre saying. I personally still feel like the team is closer than most feel like it is. Were set up to immediately improve if we have a good offseason and get this hire right.

    But Im always going to be incredibly cynical until I see results. I think the defense has enough talent to carry over to different schemes or approaches, but there will be casualties and most likely it will take a slight step back.

    Ridley for a conditional 2nd wouldnt be bad. Id be happy with it. Hes a good player and will help immediately. But theres just so many good WRs coming from day 2 that it hurts to give that up for a 28 year old on a contract year.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,412
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    I generally agree with what youre saying. I personally still feel like the team is closer than most feel like it is. Were set up to immediately improve if we have a good offseason and get this hire right.

    But Im always going to be incredibly cynical until I see results. I think the defense has enough talent to carry over to different schemes or approaches, but there will be casualties and most likely it will take a slight step back.

    Ridley for a conditional 2nd wouldnt be bad. Id be happy with it. Hes a good player and will help immediately. But theres just so many good WRs coming from day 2 that it hurts to give that up for a 28 year old on a contract year.
    i get it, I do. but lets just take a look at some 2nd day WR that were taken in the 2nd rd that just haven't panned out. I would crave a known commodity like Ridley over the possibility of drafting a potential bust at WR . . .or even worse OL.

    2018
    Dante Pettis
    Anthony Miller
    James Washington
    DJ Chark

    2019
    JJ Arcega Whiteside
    Mecole Hardman
    Paris Campbell
    Andy Isabella

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    974
    Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    i get it, I do. but lets just take a look at some 2nd day WR that were taken in the 2nd rd that just haven't panned out. I would crave a known commodity like Ridley over the possibility of drafting a potential bust at WR . . .or even worse OL.

    2018
    Dante Pettis
    Anthony Miller
    James Washington
    DJ Chark

    2019
    JJ Arcega Whiteside
    Mecole Hardman
    Paris Campbell
    Andy Isabella
    I agree with you that we are in a position to make a big jump next year under the right circumstances. But I worry about a WR who has questions about dedication to football. Without knowing who is available in FA myself, I also think this is a good year to grab a WR and hope we get great value in round 2. I think we need to go after a couple of linemen like you said in FA because we know we can't seem to get good ones any other way. But if we give up at WR or other positions the now risk becoming too reliant on FA and that means cap issues down the road usually.

    I think WR is an area we can get it done in this draft.

    Parker will stay as people said on here, due to his cap friendly cost this year. You could re-sign Gesicki too but that is expensive so we wait and see what the coach plans to do there. But I think we should go WR and RB in the draft and use the money for FA elsewhere, as you said at LB and OL first.
    Last edited by Dolphin North; 01-20-2022 at 04:26 PM.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SWFL
    Posts
    31,093
    Calvin Ridley is a #1 type dude, Id deal our 2nd for him with ease. More so if it looks like he will be going to the Pats if not.

    Tua, Waddle and Ridley are very good buds. Playing with your buds can for sure help you though things off the field.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    13,903
    Welp we definitely need him now. Kirk Merritt unfortunately signed a future deal with New Orleans.

    Trade a 1st right now. Im on board.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    10,484
    Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    I just feel like the defense is playoff caliber right now, and they will be adding more in FA and draft. Even two OL FAs will bolster this offense. I think Ridley would give us a decent window of playoffs and potential AFCCG or even SB if the defense plays like it did the last 7 weeks of 2021. But word is Ridley might be had for a 2nd, which we would not find anything better than Ridley.

    Even if Ridley only has 3 really good years left, that is still worth a 2nd rd pick. Plus, if this FO wants to move on from Parker and/or Gesicki, Ridley becomes even more important. Trade a 2nd for Ridley, sign two legit starting OL, sign a RB, and then add a LBer, and all of a sudden we are looking like a pretty dang good, balanced team.

    No matter what this team does, it all hinges on Tua anyways. why not provide Tua another WR he is familiar with?
    I am going to make a statement. This defense is not playoff caliber because of talent, it was playoff caliber because of scheme. I expect we are likely to see a drop in our defense next year.

    I don't think people appreciate how much a factor Brian Flores was to the success of this defense.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,412
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    I am going to make a statement. This defense is not playoff caliber because of talent, it was playoff caliber because of scheme. I expect we are likely to see a drop in our defense next year.

    I don't think people appreciate how much a factor Brian Flores was to the success of this defense.
    you don't think that our DL of Wilkins, Davis, and Seiler are good players collectively? X and Byron aren't good corners? Holland isn't a stud in the making?

    Scheme is great and all, but you need the players to live up to their talent level, and Wilkins is finally living up to the 1st rd grade. Davis is becoming a trusted run stopper for us. Seiler is a gem that was found. I think those players can excel in any scheme that is brought in. We need another LB bad, one that can cover a bit. But I think if we add a good LBer to this unit, its a top 10 defense on paper. granted, it's only on paper.

    I agree, there may be some changes when it comes to scheme, depending who is brought in. We have players that are built more for 3-4, but both Ogbah (if re-signed) and Phillips can play with their hand in the dirt in a 4-3 imo. Wilkins and Seiler can play as pass rushing DTs in a 4-3. I think we have the talent for any defensive scheme really.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    10,484
    Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    you don't think that our DL of Wilkins, Davis, and Seiler are good players collectively? X and Byron aren't good corners? Holland isn't a stud in the making?

    Scheme is great and all, but you need the players to live up to their talent level, and Wilkins is finally living up to the 1st rd grade. Davis is becoming a trusted run stopper for us. Seiler is a gem that was found. I think those players can excel in any scheme that is brought in. We need another LB bad, one that can cover a bit. But I think if we add a good LBer to this unit, its a top 10 defense on paper. granted, it's only on paper.

    I agree, there may be some changes when it comes to scheme, depending who is brought in. We have players that are built more for 3-4, but both Ogbah (if re-signed) and Phillips can play with their hand in the dirt in a 4-3 imo. Wilkins and Seiler can play as pass rushing DTs in a 4-3. I think we have the talent for any defensive scheme really.
    I think X is a all pro quality player, but in general I think the success of the defense as a whole is better than the talent we had playing in that defense. That's including guys like Wilkins and Siegel. I think under another coaches scheme those players won't be as successful as they were under Flores.

    I also expect if Houston makes Flores their coach in 3 years they will have a bunch of Siegels and Wilkins who excel and we will think of their players as highly then as we think of ours now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •