Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 LastLast
    For those following our 2022 1st rd pick from SF:

Mostert placed on IR, and Jason Verrett is done for the year.

Now hope a couple more injuries can happen on that team so we can get a top 10 pick

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    For those following our 2022 1st rd pick from SF:

Mostert placed on IR, and Jason Verrett is done for the year.

Now hope a couple more injuries can happen on that team so we can get a top 10 pick
    lol they almost blew a huge lead vs the Lions.

Their secondary is garbage and that NFC West will all be putting up points. It's a tough division with the Cards looking to make a leap this year and the Rams much better with Stafford at the helm instead of Goff. Unless the Niners get pummeled with the injury bug again, I see them as a fringe playoff team. I can actually see 3 of the 4 NFC West teams making the playoffs. And it could be any combination of them.

^^^^their offense is going be too good to not have a winning record. The defense may struggle especially in the secondary, but that offense is disgustingly good.

I kind of think its time to extend Ogbah. He showed he just works good in this style of defense. I would hate to see him end up on NE or NYJ or something dumb like that. And he's in his prime.

I still want to extend Gesicki as well.

We have $79M in cap next year. getting these two locked up i think is uber important to each side of the ball. I just don't think losing either is worth the potential 3rd comp pick (especially if we'll be spending the cap on players next year where we might not even get the comp picks)
    Ogbah absolutely dominated in the 2nd half. He looks like heís taking that next step this year. I donít blame them holding off since most of his production last year was schemed up, and NE just never paid DEs. But if he continues to win 1on1s Iíd make it happen.

I have no idea what to do with Mike. He got out snapped by Smythe this week. Itís obviously because of the matchup, but you canít pay a guy $12-$15mil and not have him as a core part of the offense. Again, I know Geiscki is a top 5 guy in a scheme that targets him. But so much of those offense runs through the WRs.

With a more aggressive Tua, you want to stay in more 11 personnel. And when youíre calling deeper routes you want to keep a TE in who can help block a bit. Now you could run more 12, but I have no idea who you decide to take off the field at WR.

Honestly if youíre not going to resign him, just trade him now. You wonít get a comp pick when weíre going to spend a good amount in FA. Just rip the band aid off and get something in return.

Just looking ahead to week 3, this Raiders defense looks a lot better than last year. Looks incredibly physical and somehow shutting down Lamar.

Edit: yea this Raiders game wonít be as easy I thought it would be. Their offense has a lot of man beaters this year. Care did an incredible job of bringing them back by beating the Ravens cover 0 blitz.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 09-13-2021 at 11:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Just looking ahead to week 3, this Raiders defense looks a lot better than last year. Looks incredibly physical and somehow shutting down Lamar.

Edit: yea this Raiders game wonít be as easy I thought it would be. Their offense has a lot of man beaters this year. Care did an incredible job of bringing them back by beating the Ravens cover 0 blitz.
    i mean, every team tries to get better every year. you say that about LV, but the exact same can be said about our team too. We brought in Waddle and Fuller, which alone are better than the WR options BAL ran out there. You also LV play a cover 3 style of defense, which i think MIA can exploit with Parker, Fuller, Waddle, and Wilson (hopefully he actually gets some snaps this time). No game is easy persay, but I'm not sweating the Raiders.

Dolphins placed DT Raekwon Davis on IR. Heís out at least 3 weeks.

Huge loss for the Dline. Raekwon was the centerpiece and opened up so much. And with games against the Raiders and Colts thatís gonna be tough.

No reports on expected time frame, the team is always strict about that stuff. But it doesnít seem to be a season ending injury.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 09-14-2021 at 08:49 PM.

Dolphins placed DT Raekwon Davis on IR. Heís out at least 3 weeks.

Huge loss for the Dline. Raekwon was the centerpiece and opened up so much. And with games against the Raiders and Colts thatís gonna be tough.

No reports on expected time frame, the team is always strict about that stuff. But it doesnít seem to be a season ending injury.
    yeah this sucks bad. but on the bright side, with Davis out for most of week 1, the run defense held NE running game to 3.1 ypc (after that first 35 yard run on the first play). And the run game was supposed to be a strength for NE, and MIA shut it down for the most part. I think we have a good rotation to throw at the DT spot to at least help in the run game.

Quote Originally Posted by poppapuh86 View Post
    lol they almost blew a huge lead vs the Lions.

Their secondary is garbage and that NFC West will all be putting up points. It's a tough division with the Cards looking to make a leap this year and the Rams much better with Stafford at the helm instead of Goff. Unless the Niners get pummeled with the injury bug again, I see them as a fringe playoff team. I can actually see 3 of the 4 NFC West teams making the playoffs. And it could be any combination of them.
    After Verrett got injured the niners pulled some of their starters on defense and that is when the Lions started making a comeback.

yeah this sucks bad. but on the bright side, with Davis out for most of week 1, the run defense held NE running game to 3.1 ypc (after that first 35 yard run on the first play). And the run game was supposed to be a strength for NE, and MIA shut it down for the most part. I think we have a good rotation to throw at the DT spot to at least help in the run game.
    With how much theyíve invested in the Dline it better be good still. Time for Wilkins to step up. Should also help Seiler get even more snaps.

Unfortunately Flo gave literally no insight on the injury. Wouldnít say if itís season ending or not, so weíll probably have another Preston Williams situation of will he wonít he. Said that he wonít give a timeline because setbacks can happen.

Not to add more salt in the wound, but itís been real disappointing how little weíve seen of Phillips compared to other rookies. Rousseau had two sacks today and Oweh has been all over the place for the Ravens.

I really hope we avoid giving him too much and just let him focus on pass rush.

Not to add more salt in the wound, but itís been real disappointing how little weíve seen of Phillips compared to other rookies. Rousseau had two sacks today and Oweh has been all over the place for the Ravens.

I really hope we avoid giving him too much and just let him focus on pass rush.
    yup, it's getting pretty wild that you're not playing your highest drafted defensive prospect. i'm super salty after this absolute destruction of a beatdown. OL stunk and got our franchise QB hurt, DL wasn't as good and only had 1 combined sack all game. Our secondary is probably one of the best overall units in the NFL, but you can only cover dudes for so long. We need good QB pressure. Ogbah is still doing good. AVG has been okay so far. But I need me some Phillips out there. Even as a rookie, he's the best pure pass rusher on the squad imo.

I've said it before, and I'll keep saying it, I think Flo is a great coach, but he is a defensive-minded coach. Our defense is not bad at all. It's actually a good unit. So yeah, I think Flo is good on defense, and I think he is a really, really good HC. You don't have to know all parts of the game to be a good HC. Flo has intangibles that some coaches just don't have. What he lacks is experience controlling and maintaining a good coaching staff. Our OL absolutely blows, but is it really the talent, or is it the coaching? it's honestly hard for me to say. We have three guys on the OL drafted within the first two rounds of the past two drafts. They were drafted high because they are talented. Dieter was a project that seems to finally be paying off a little bit. All are super young, but they have the physical traits to be good to really good OL players. What's holding them back?

Also, I'm starting to think this team is trying to lower Gesicki's value in FA by just not utilizing him. If you don't want to pay him next year, and you're not going to use him, then be smart and trade the kid. I love Gesicki as a player. He is a glorified WR playing TE, but that's what the NFL is about now. I really don't understand why he hasn't been that involved. I would like to think that a combo of Parker, Waddle, and Gesicki would be a pretty good trio to pass to, no?

And I'm still on the Tua train man. I want to see him come back 100% and show what he can do. BUT if he labors through this injury and just can't come back healthy, I am finally on-board with a trade for Watson. We have four 1st rd picks in the next three drafts. So far looking at Grier's lack of star power of players drafted in the 1st rd, I'm officially okay giving up three 1st rd picks ++ for Watson (pending all the legal drama). It's not like Grier has smashed any of his recent 1st rd picks (Waddle and Phillips are obviously exceptions at this time cause their rookies). Wilkins is a good piece, but not a star. Iggy has not played up to his 1st rd status, and Jackson is not a reliable starter at LT (both players were pretty big swings, and so far Grier whiffed). Not enough has been seen of Tua to call him a bust. Through my Tua tinted glasses, I can see a little bit now that Watson makes us a SB contender every year right now (and for the for-seeable future), whereas Tua . . . I'm just not sure. I would like to hope and think it though.

Tua just doesnít have the physical tools to overcome some issues. In order for Tua to become an elite QB he has to mentally be right all the time. It sucks to compare him to these guys, but he has to be like Brees, Manning, and Brady. These guys that are always one step ahead of the defense.

Watson has reached a high level mentally, and of course has the physical tools to overcome any mistakes he or the offense make. It sucks, but itís true that he would do a better job of fixing these issues than Tua can.

How can we properly evaluate Tua when we have no o-line? Yes, Watson can extend plays much much better than Tua but that doesn't "fix" the o-line. How long do we "evaluate" Tua now, do we give him another year? I literally don't know. I don't know how long Tua will be out but even when he does return our o-line will still be a disaster.

I'm fully onboard sending 3 1sts to the Texans for Watson with protections incase he is suspended by the league and/or found guilty, then they become 6th or 7th rounders. Heck, send me Gisecki as well. I can't remember if these are just allegations now or if there were charges pressed.

Phillips metrics have been good, only two games in. He has also faced two good OLs to start the year. I like what I've seen this far, can't grade guys after a handful of games.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Phillips metrics have been good, only two games in. He has also faced two good OLs to start the year. I like what I've seen this far, can't grade guys after a handful of games.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Definitely. Itís just more about his overall usage. Edge rushers take time to develop. But the usage feels rough. I think the plan for him has been poor because it feels very Minkah like. Just take the guy whoís really good at one thing and let him do that. He doesnít need to be a more athletic Van Noy. Play him in the Lawson role and just let him rush.

Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 LastLast