Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Dolphins OC Chan Gailey Resigns

Actually official now. Of course after I wrote a massive post about how he has the potential to turn it around with real weapons lol.

No news on his replacement at the moment. Will update once I see the news.

This will be Floresí 3rd OC in three years. A lot of the assistant coaches had ties to Gailey so Iím curious if we see them go now too. Reading through the tea leaves makes people think that George Godsey was being groomed to be the OC with how he shifted to working with Tua.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 01-06-2021 at 10:28 AM.

It's for the best, but it's concerning that we're going on the 3rd OC in as many years under Flo.

According to the Miami Herald, the top internal candidates are Godsey and Studesville. They also expect the Dolphins to at least reach out to Bill OíBrien to at least gauge his interest. Iíd be interested in looking at Anthony Lynn and Jay Gruden if we went external. Also have to think of Pep Hamilton.

Iím not sure if I love the idea of Godsey, but holy **** I would take him over BOB every day of the week. Bob has had good offenses but I just canít deal with his dumb face every day.

Herbal is also reporting that this might legit be just Gailey retiring and no pressure from Flo. Apparently dealing with Covid kinda ruined the experience for Gailey.

Probably best for Chan health wise. I think it's a good move for all parties involved. Anyone else dislike having the Off Coord calling plays int he booth? I've never liked it but if Chan was doing it this season because of Covid then I completely understand.

I loved chan, but the last 4 games or so our offense showed nothing.

IMO he got fired, and they let him say he resigned to save face, but it makes no difference.

^^^^thats pretty much how I felt. He was working with nothing but I saw so many consistent problems all year. Biggest issue is he called very few man beaters. Most of his plays involved little motion and especially in the red zone it was just throw ball at tall guy.

Dolphins scheduled to conduct offensive coordinator interviews this week. Multiple interviews set. First time Brian Flores goes this route as he came to Miami with Chad O'Shea in '19 and last year simply replaced with Chan Gailey instead of big search with multiple interviews.

Glad that theyíre actually doing a search this time. The hire is too important to not do a wide search. Iím glad itís not just a straight promotion of Godsey.

Edit: Doug Pederson just got fired by the Eagles. He would absolutely be at the top of my list.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 01-11-2021 at 03:14 PM.

Thought I heard we were chosen to coach one of the college teams at the senior bowl and we need a full coaching staff for that.

Also donít we have to replace Hobby as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wiskers View Post
    Thought I heard we were chosen to coach one of the college teams at the senior bowl and we need a full coaching staff for that.

Also donít we have to replace Hobby as well?
    Yup posted that in another thread. But I bet by the time everyone in front of us turned it down they were willing to make a slight exception. We need a full coaching staff within two weeks.