Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast
Results 406 to 420 of 429
  1. #406
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    606
    Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    If Watson gets traded, I hope its to the NFC. I think its going to be NYJ or SF. SF is my dark horse, cause I think HOU would take Jimmy G and three 1sts. Caserio and Easterby know Jimmy G so well from his time in NE, that it makes perfect sense in reality.

    As for #3, it comes down to CIN (for Sewell), CAR, DEN, SF, or WSH. I cannot see MIA trading outside the top 10 though. I honestly believe CIN makes the jump to #3 if Sewell is available. MIA can use Sewell, and I think CIN knows it. Who knows what direction ATL goes, cause they could get Sewell and keep Ryan.

    Most likely trades for #3 imo:

    CIN for #5 and #38 for #3 and #181
    CAR for #8, #39, and 2022 1st rd pick for #3
    DEN for #9, #40, and 2022 1st rd pick for #3

    I would only trade out of the top 10 if we ended up getting a very good WR in FA (like Godwin or Golloday)
    Man - I love where your head is at!

    Ideally for Miami is Watson goes to SF or Washington leaving the Panthers as a team thirsty for a new qb. Trading down with Cincy or Carolina would be fantastic especially, if you were able to trade down with both!! Highly unlikely but would have us loaded with early picks for 2021 and 2022.

  2. #407
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    16,376
    Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    If Watson gets traded, I hope its to the NFC. I think its going to be NYJ or SF. SF is my dark horse, cause I think HOU would take Jimmy G and three 1sts. Caserio and Easterby know Jimmy G so well from his time in NE, that it makes perfect sense in reality.

    As for #3, it comes down to CIN (for Sewell), CAR, DEN, SF, or WSH. I cannot see MIA trading outside the top 10 though. I honestly believe CIN makes the jump to #3 if Sewell is available. MIA can use Sewell, and I think CIN knows it. Who knows what direction ATL goes, cause they could get Sewell and keep Ryan.

    Most likely trades for #3 imo:

    CIN for #5 and #38 for #3 and #181
    CAR for #8, #39, and 2022 1st rd pick for #3
    DEN for #9, #40, and 2022 1st rd pick for #3

    I would only trade out of the top 10 if we ended up getting a very good WR in FA (like Godwin or Golloday)
    I love this approach.

    See this makes infinitely more sense than trading 5 first round picks for Watson.

    5...firsts...(equivalent value at least).

    Absolute asinine.

    Stay the course, give Tua a shot and ride it out. Other quarterbacks will be available down the road if Tua falters but wouldn't you all hate it if you watch Tua become a franchise QB and we have nothing but Watson because we blew so many draft picks for one player? That's the way I see that playing out.

  3. #408
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12,796
    You know I didnít even think about Jimmyís connection to Caserio. Thatís interesting, but do we think that theyíll value him as high as say a 2nd? Iíd say no but everything the Texans have done is weird lol. I firmly believe theyíll value Tua highly because of how religious he is lol.

    Iíd bet on Washington or SF. I donít think Grier will be that aggressive and Schefter continues to hammer that the Jets arenít going to do it. Washington is in a good spot where they have a solid enough roster and could offer a few players in the deal as well. SF HAS to get a new QB with how competitive that division is now.

    I agree that we shouldnt drop past the top 10. SF is the lowest I would like to go unless someone offers a crazy deal.

  4. #409
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12,796
    X came 3rd in DPOY of the year voting. Donald had 27 and Watt had 20. X had 3.

    Flo only got 6 in the COY vote.

    Aaaaaaaand it looks like Zach Thomas isnít making it this year into the HOF
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 02-06-2021 at 11:18 PM.

  5. #410
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SWFL
    Posts
    30,906
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    X came 3rd in DPOY of the year voting. Donald had 27 and Watt had 20. X had 3.

    Flo only got 6 in the COY vote.

    Aaaaaaaand it looks like Zach Thomas isnít making it this year into the HOF
    Yeah a **** night. I knew Flo would not beat the Browns coach but to be under Sean D when the Bills where supposed to be good was a joke. X 3rd with just 3 another joke too.

  6. #411
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12,796
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Yeah a **** night. I knew Flo would not beat the Browns coach but to be under Sean D when the Bills where supposed to be good was a joke. X 3rd with just 3 another joke too.
    Iím more upset about ZT honestly, but thatís more because itís been so long trying to get him in. John Lynch getting in before him is ridiculous.

    X and Flo just didnít do enough on the big stage to warrant the extra votes. The only times people got to watch the Dolphins was really the Raiders game and Jags game. Maybe the Chiefs game. Team looked sloppy in all three. Plus that beat down in Buffalo probably ruined any shot they had of getting it.

  7. #412
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12,796
    Man this super bowl is really kinda blowing up the whole coverage vs pass rush debate.

    Also Tampaís offense looks a lot like Miamiís right now. A lot of RPO, quick hit, tough running. This style of offense just works so much better when you can actually run the ball.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 02-07-2021 at 10:37 PM.

  8. #413
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    748
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Man this super bowl is really kinda blowing up the whole coverage vs pass rush debate.

    Also Tampaís offense looks a lot like Miamiís right now. A lot of RPO, quick hit, tough running. This style of offense just works so much better when you can actually run the ball.
    Refs called it differently than they have the past 5 or 6 years. Made for a piss poor game if you ask me. Happy to see Brady finally get to the same level as Lance Armstrong though. Been waiting for a few years for this as I am a huge fan of poetic irony.
    Last edited by Dolphin North; 02-08-2021 at 12:09 AM.

  9. #414
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    3,525
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Man this super bowl is really kinda blowing up the whole coverage vs pass rush debate.

    Also Tampaís offense looks a lot like Miamiís right now. A lot of RPO, quick hit, tough running. This style of offense just works so much better when you can actually run the ball.
    KC's oline was a mess and clearly was the difference in this game. TB took away the deep plays, and forced everything short, while dominating KCs oline, really wasn't much KC could do. When you can get pressure without blitzing, your usually going to win those games.

    I'm happy our old DC won a sb bowl, I always liked him. Also happy for Suh to get his SB.

  10. #415
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    748
    Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    KC's oline was a mess and clearly was the difference in this game. TB took away the deep plays, and forced everything short, while dominating KCs oline, really wasn't much KC could do. When you can get pressure without blitzing, your usually going to win those games.

    I'm happy our old DC won a sb bowl, I always liked him. Also happy for Suh to get his SB.
    Except when the QB is Superman, which I think Mahomes actually might be. But Superman on one foot was not enough to buy the time he often does. He could only run away deep and against Tampa's D with backup OT's that happened too often. Everything was contested pretty much. I have watched every Mahomes NFL game and I only hung around to wait for the desperation throws later in the game, because you never see him in desperation mode, but even that was fairly entertaining. The one he threw to Williams in a crowd on his hands while almost flying horizontally was unbelievable, but when you get used to Mahomes, you (almost) expect that. I love that player. And the person. He didn't complain or sulk, he just stayed tough. I really hope they can fix the turf toe.

  11. #416
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,011
    Todd Bowles' defensive game plan was marvelous! They took away the deep shots and the slants that Kelce and Hill run. I'm no TB12 fan at all, I loathe him as a player, but damn if he isn't the GOAT. You should hear all of the radio-heads up here talking about this. They are all over TB's sack, while blaming Belichek for the Pats demises. It's great

  12. #417
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12,796
    I need to see Floís strategy work so much more to change my mind on the debate. I still believe the best thing for a defense is getting a Dline that can win with just rushing 4.

    I just pray that Flo tries to get at least one person who can win a 1on1 matchup.

  13. #418
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    748
    Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    Todd Bowles' defensive game plan was marvelous! They took away the deep shots and the slants that Kelce and Hill run. I'm no TB12 fan at all, I loathe him as a player, but damn if he isn't the GOAT. You should hear all of the radio-heads up here talking about this. They are all over TB's sack, while blaming Belichek for the Pats demises. It's great
    For BB it is about getting to 348 at this point. I don't know if the NFL spoke to him about potentially looking at taking some wins off the board when they were caught again in 2019 (doubt it) or he just stopped cheating this year because he knew he didn't have a winning team with guys sitting out and Cam Newton at QB as just a bridge. But he may start taping sigs again when he thinks he has his QB (most likely a young guy coming in who will go along with the program and won't spill the beans and ruin his own legacy one day). This could happen as early as next year or whenever he puts in his guy. I have no idea if he is convinced it is Sidham or not, but one thing 2019 proved beyond a shadow of a doubt is that he will never stop when he thinks the coast is clear. They'll be fine when he does. If the NFL did scare the chit out of him, which I doubt, he'll just have to coach a few extra years to get his records.

  14. #419
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    748
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    I need to see Floís strategy work so much more to change my mind on the debate. I still believe the best thing for a defense is getting a Dline that can win with just rushing 4.

    I just pray that Flo tries to get at least one person who can win a 1on1 matchup.
    Amen, that's the formula for making all of the great QB's look mortal. But playing on one foot helps too lol.

  15. #420
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12,796
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin North View Post
    Amen, that's the formula for making all of the great QB's look mortal. But playing on one foot helps too lol.
    Also doesnít hurt when you have a bunch of backups that have no chance of winning against one of the best Dlines in the NFL.

Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •