Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
    What times the trade deadline weíre seemingly not taking part in lulz

Apparently 2 hours lulz. Oh well, I guess weíll see if itís another gernard Avery/golden Tate year I guess

Quote Originally Posted by abelugawhale View Post
    For me it' the way I'm wired. When I was in school and had a paper due in 3 weeks I liked to get started early so I wasn't left scrambling the night before, same with my job today I like to be in front of potential issues in the future so I'm not surprised by it and have a chance to get ahead on it rather than scrambling last second. That's just how I'm wired and I realize not everyone thinks as I do

Ultimately it's a Lurie and a Howie issue since they are the ones cutting the checks and have final say on personelle decisions and not me.
    I understand your mentality. I like getting things done early also but when the job is finished (i.e. this year's cap), stop worrying about it. Relax. Take November, December, and hopefully January off from worry. We'll worry about it again in February, March, April, etc.
    Offensively, I think that they have enough good, young (cheap) players.
    Defensively, YES, Some cuts will have to be made and cheaper players will have to be brought in - but that's NEXT year.
    "Enjoy" the remaining 8, 9,10, 11, or 12 games.

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    I understand your mentality. I like getting things done early also but when the job is finished (i.e. this year's cap), stop worrying about it. Relax. Take November, December, and hopefully January off from worry. We'll worry about it again in February, March, April, etc.
    Offensively, I think that they have enough good, young (cheap) players.
    Defensively, YES, Some cuts will have to be made and cheaper players will have to be brought in - but that's NEXT year.
    "Enjoy" the remaining 8, 9,10, 11, or 12 games.
    Yeah, plus usually teams hold out for as long as possible for the best trade value which is why you see a lot of trades closer to the deadline.

Well unless something is announced in the next 20 minutes or so it looks like we will be marching out our same guys for the remainder of the year. Kind of a boring deadline day today

They waived Jason Croom so maybe making room? For someone lol

Is there someone on the IR expected back after the bye?

I guess the eagles were fine unless a deal is still being finalized

Oh well lulz, didnít have the highest hopes for the deadline. They must really like edwards, I mean heís better than Gerry

Well my guess is they think theyíll get a few guys back on the line like brooks and seumalo

Covid and cap room are likely why they didnít trade for anyone

I do believe the articles saying they wanted to sell more than buy were accurate

I think they were gonna deal desean and ertz and got boned there

Think they probably wanted to just grab picks and cap room would be my guess. But once those 2 got hurt there was nothing to sell

I feel like 2021 is going to be an eagles slaughter. Offensive line, defensive line, defensive backfield

There may be like 6-8 new starters on defense lol

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    Covid and cap room are likely why they didnít trade for anyone

I do believe the articles saying they wanted to sell more than buy were accurate

I think they were gonna deal desean and ertz and got boned there

Think they probably wanted to just grab picks and cap room would be my guess. But once those 2 got hurt there was nothing to sell

I feel like 2021 is going to be an eagles slaughter. Offensive line, defensive line, defensive backfield

There may be like 6-8 new starters on defense lol
    Patrick Surtain Jr. in the 1st would make me a happy camper. Not sure what the D-line looks like for prospects

Quote Originally Posted by abelugawhale View Post
    Patrick Surtain Jr. in the 1st would make me a happy camper. Not sure what the D-line looks like for prospects
    Judging by how this is looking Iím guessing either OL or defensive line

Barnett and sweat are gonna be here

Hargrave is young heíll be here

Cox and graham are up in the air in my mind. Not sure either way

Malik Jackson is gone

Darius slay Iím not quite sure actually. They just signed him to a deal from what I remember he may stay.

I think what they do with graham and Cox will dictate the draft

If they let them both go with malik Jackson I think youíll see a pretty defensive heavy draft. Offensive line is another one. I think that has potential to be a slaughter as well. Peters is gone for good. Lane is on the chopping block (shocker right) I think he may be gone. Heís never healthy, I think they may look to replace him. Yes im aware that sounds ridiculous. Heís amazing, and still only 30 but I just wouldnít be shocked.

Ertz is gone lulz, desean and alshon are gone

And the big one. Carson wentz. Regardless what anyone says. The rest of the 2020 season is a wentz audition for 2021. People will argue and fight but itís the truth. Dougs recent presser he defended him but then later said the guys have to be ready if they have to bench wentz in that type of scenario. If wentz doesnít turn it around they will sniff around the league

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718