Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    Well ya, but also the issue with Peters is he is close to 100% most of these games and he just comes up hobbled. His body is literally breaking down

I wonít judge him with whatever he wants to do with his life

But dude, itís clear your joints, muscles and ligaments canít hold the weight anymore in an athletic setting. Itís time to move on.
    For the reasons you stated peters will never be 100%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Coming off solid games against the steelers and ravens youíd think the eagles would finally separate themselves vs a mediocre giants team and a really decimated cowboys team

They didnít lol. They played horribly offensively.

This bye week has to be about getting healthy, but it also has to be about turning this ship around. Not all wins are equal. These 2 wins have shown serious deficiencies on offense

There needs to be much better play. Iíd like to actually see the eagles play well against good teams and win. Not just squeak out Victories against the worst teams in the nfl

And the QB play. Jesus. Wentz has moments of brilliance and then heíll toss up a stinker like today. Who throws a deep ball straight up into the air? Lol what is that. 4 turnovers is ridiculous

Wentz is supposed to be better than that. When I watch Goff suck for the rams today Iím like well ya...thatís a QB that if everythingís not perfect around him he folds

Wentz needs to be better. 128 million for 1 great quarter every so often isnít enough.

And Doug. Mercy bench Peters for the love of god. His legs are collapsing on TV.

Also these plays they call for reagor, so bad. Everything is down the field. Rarely if ever put in space. Given a chance to make a play.

Defense? Lol it was dinucci Iím not exactly gonna give them a round of applause

Week 8 IGT SNF - Dallas vs Eagles - IT'S DALLAS WEEK!

Some of the passes could be due to wind, but the fumbles were HORRIBLE.. Wentz has had that issue since day 1 rookie year. Iím really starting to get tired as **** that wentz isnít willing to put in the effort to get better at holding onto the ball

And Iím a wentz fan, but he needs to get better there no doubt about it

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    Some of the passes could be due to wind, but the fumbles were HORRIBLE.. Wentz has had that issue since day 1 rookie year. Iím really starting to get tired as **** that wentz isnít willing to put in the effort to get better at holding onto the ball

Agreed, but that second fumble wasn't due to his holding the ball, it was due to pryor not knowing to take Vander and let Kelce take his guy. lol

I think he has gotten better at throwing the ball away but the fumbles are killer too.

Really just wondering whatís going on with the dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

The wind doesnít work for me only because as a 5th year QB youíve played in wind before. He threw that pass to Hightower straight up in the hair. Hung it up there. And the ball to reagor I believe? That was just a poor decision

He just needs to be better all around. Heís ranked bottom half of the league in almost every QB statistical category. He just flat out needs to play a lot better

Him making cool plays in the 4th is nice and all, but he needs to be a franchise QB and score the ball throughout the game.

The Steelers game for example he had 2 picks but he played decently in that game. Had great moments

But this was the cowboys. One of the worst defenses in nfl history.

Iím actually a fan of wentz and want him to succeed. But itís pretty clear this wentz is here to stay for 2020. I donít foresee a different wentz showing up. Heíll have his moments, but heíll have more head scratchers

Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    Agreed, but that second fumble wasn't due to his holding the ball, it was due to pryor not knowing to take Vander and let Kelce take his guy. lol
    Except reagor and ward were both open almost immediately. The line breaks down from time to time for every QB. Thatís where you make your money

Today the rams literally lost to the dolphins because Goff couldnít recognize blitzes coming and didnít know who would spring open

Thatís literally the job of the qb to recognize whoís coming and to know whoís running what route and where the openings will be in the defense. He couldíve just thrown the ball straight ahead and he wouldíve hit only eagles lol

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    I think he has gotten better at throwing the ball away but the fumbles are killer too.

Doesnít seem like the same qb for the most part. Itís weird

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post

I think itís 2 things

Disconnect with him and his coach. Not saying thereís drama. I mean a literal football disconnect. They donít seem on the same page at all

Misreading the field in all facets. At the Pre snap and post snap

He just totally makes the wrong read and then either has to hold the ball too long or throws a pick/bad ball

I stand by what I said weeks ago. Doug needs to simplify the game for wentz right now.

Heís clearly seeing the field too slowly right now. Hell thatís literally Lamar Jacksonís calling card, running simple passing concepts.

They need to take a step back and simplify this offense. Carson isnít a ďcerebralĒ Qb lol. Heís a playmaker. Make it simpler

Doesnít seem like the same qb for the most part. Itís weird
    Looks like the same guy to me from 2019 just turning it over more. I know what the stats say. But the issues Iím seeing now are what I saw last season until the last 4 games

When you ask wentz to be a surgeon from the pocket he bombs. Itís not him. In 2017 they literally treated him like Lamar. And he soared. Do the same. Since 2018 theyíve tried to push him along.

Even Patrick mahomes this offseason said heís just starting to be able to read a defense

That means Andy was essentially scheming things open for him, letting his talent take over and keeping overthinking out of it.

Wentz looks like heís slow to react and read. He doesnít look like he thinks as fast as he needs to.

Meaning take that part out of it. RPO, bootlegs, Play action

I can see Peterson losing his play calling duties heading into next year. He sucks at focusing on both the game and the scheming during the game. Our first drives are always majestic then its always stagnant after until the 4th quarter.

This team will hundred percent have an offensive coordinator next year. This is not working like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

Wentz was horrific. Td throws were nice but the picks were pathetic.
    2011 PSD Phillies Forum HOF Inductee

Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

Btw how good were them linebackers and Will Parks.

I know it was against a **** box QB but man I said it before I love the young guys we have there. Just need that one great one in the middle to compliment then. Singleton and Edward's growth is really nice there.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

I'm definitely putting a ton of the blame with this game on Wentz and we can't excuse his turnovers on the season

BUT..

I've been wondering whether the surroundings and coaching staff are bringing out the worst in Wentz. Last year he had to play hero ball, but he did that very efficiently so you could take some of the warts that came with that. This year though? We've seen much of the same with a worse banged up offensive line and someone who is constantly pressing.

I think the hero ball creeped in last year and changed Wentz mindset to some degree. Add in that we are super aggressive on 4th down and drafted a second round QB -- all of that is creating a cocktail of pressure.

I'm not sure what we can do about it this year...but I hope for all of us that he begins to live for another down again.

Quote Originally Posted by Westbrook36 View Post
    I'm definitely putting a ton of the blame with this game on Wentz and we can't excuse his turnovers on the season

BUT..

I've been wondering whether the surroundings and coaching staff are bringing out the worst in Wentz. Last year he had to play hero ball, but he did that very efficiently so you could take some of the warts that came with that. This year though? We've seen much of the same with a worse banged up offensive line and someone who is constantly pressing.

I think the hero ball creeped in last year and changed Wentz mindset to some degree. Add in that we are super aggressive on 4th down and drafted a second round QB -- all of that is creating a cocktail of pressure.

I'm not sure what we can do about it this year...but I hope for all of us that he begins to live for another down again.
    I expect a different QB coming out of the bye.

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast