Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 196
  1. #106
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    19,646
    What would you rather base your opinion of a player in a single game on?

    His stat line or watching him play?

    The answer seems pretty obvious to me. Of course nobody, who doesn't do this as a job, has the time to watch every player.

  2. #107
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    116,597
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    What would you rather base your opinion of a player in a single game on?

    His stat line or watching him play?

    The answer seems pretty obvious to me. Of course nobody, who doesn't do this as a job, has the time to watch every player.
    so now we are talking about the eye test for the player we always watch play? come on man stop,,, this is ****ing stupid


    you watched Nelson Ag for how many years and you guys arent fans correct? yet somehow someway he is better this year under carr then he was under wentz....... yet wentz is more skilled.... Nelson is about to have a career year if these stats continue under a QB who you say by the eye test isnt close to wentz............... the raiders werent suppose to be better then the eagles per the eye test.......context? we about to blame injuries because he is on pace with avg more this year then any wentz year?

    he might not but stop with this bull **** about watching a player like you watch all players from every team game in and game out week in and week out to make your stupid bias opinion.......................... you dont... you havent and you wont. stop the bs


    nobody that says one QB is better than another GOES BY 1 GAME... Jesus christ this is moronic... its about seasons so your stupid opinion just became null and void.

  3. #108
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    116,597
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    What would you rather base your opinion of a player in a single game on?

    His stat line or watching him play?

    The answer seems pretty obvious to me. Of course nobody, who doesn't do this as a job, has the time to watch every player.
    this is honestly the worst post i have seen when trying to determine what is best between stats/eyetest/context... holy ****

  4. #109
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    90,805
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    yes... yes they are. Why does this not filter through with everything that was said? we literally have explained it countless times............ of the 3... stats/eye test/context... stats are the better of the 3... stats can follow the million minutes of games played... the eye test cant and thus context can only go by stats and the eye test..... if you have to choose of the 3 stats that are the best route without anything else... all 3 are fine but one holds more weight then the others............................... how did the eye test hold up pre 2000? thoughts? hell how did the eye test hold up pre 2008? context suffered where people actually thought favre whom i love more than anyone was better than steve young.... he wasnt by the way but yea context/film said other wise but stats we now know this was false....... stats are the best tool we have and they arent perfect but they are the best and better then context/eye test unless you had some tool pre 2000 that could help you watch more than 3 games a week AT BEST and even now that could help you watch thousands of minutes of football to determine who is best per eye test.
    You can keep explaining it.

    Iíll continue to put more in to the why, not the result.

  5. #110
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    116,597
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    You can keep explaining it.

    Iíll continue to put more in to the why, not the result.
    so you would rather be a bias moron? KJ at least understands... if Wentz had daks stats and dak was wentz you would be in here spewing how stats are the end all be all... jesus christ just stop with the stupid bias... its honestly moronic and your opinion over the last page with all respect was stupid considering you decided to give it without ever giving a **** to read the posts before hand... so that tells me you dont understand or bother by arguments you just voice your opinion and even if its dumb just ride with it but its still dumb
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 10-28-2020 at 08:16 AM.

  6. #111
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    90,805
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    so you would rather be a bias moron?
    Understanding why something happens doesnít make me boss or a moron.

    You can have your opinion, so can I.

  7. #112
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    116,597
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Understanding why something happens doesnít make me boss or a moron.

    You can have your opinion, so can I.
    check the edit

  8. #113
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    116,597
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Understanding why something happens doesnít make me boss or a moron.

    You can have your opinion, so can I.
    you gave an opinion without reading the thread/posts or any information at hand... meaning you had your morainic bias thoughts and ran with them before realizing it made no sense and you ****ed up thus making your opinion even more stupid then it would have been had you even understood the argument to begin with............ I don't need to keep explaining it... you were dumb and ****ed up and got bent over. Take the loss and move on... This isn't me being a dick this was you thinking you could argue without partaking in the thread while thinking your opinion had weight and was valid without any information which was dumb.... you are better then this.

  9. #114
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    90,805
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    so you would rather be a bias moron? KJ at least understands... if Wentz had daks stats and dak was wentz you would be in here spewing how stats are the end all be all... jesus christ just stop with the stupid bias... its honestly moronic and your opinion over the last page with all respect was stupid considering you decided to give it without ever giving a **** to read the posts before hand... so that tells me you dont understand or bother by arguments you just voice your opinion and even if its dumb just ride with it but its still dumb
    When I posted, I didnít know there were so many other posts. It had been just me and mariner mostly.

    Claiming what people would do is dumb, you donít know me or how I would respond.

    In all my years of psd Iíve never, not once, been a stats is the end all. That wouldnít change.

    Again, stats play a part, the more the better. They SHOULD be used to help evaluate a player. I just feel that without context, they donít tell the whole story and while important, arenít the MOST important piece.

    Aside from that, if youíre going to name call, at least donít edit it.

  10. #115
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    90,805
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    you gave an opinion without reading the thread/posts or any information at hand... meaning you had your morainic bias thoughts and ran with them before realizing it made no sense and you ****ed up thus making your opinion even more stupid then it would have been had you even understood the argument to begin with............ I don't need to keep explaining it... you were dumb and ****ed up and got bent over. Take the loss and move on... This isn't me being a dick this was you thinking you could argue without partaking in the thread while thinking your opinion had weight and was valid without any information which was dumb.... you are better then this.
    I gave my opinion well before you chimed in.

    How on earth did I do it without any info? It was a ****ing day long decision.

  11. #116
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    116,597
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    When I posted, I didnít know there were so many other posts. It had been just me and mariner mostly.

    Claiming what people would do is dumb, you donít know me or how I would respond.

    In all my years of psd Iíve never, not once, been a stats is the end all. That wouldnít change.

    Again, stats play a part, the more the better. They SHOULD be used to help evaluate a player. I just feel that without context, they donít tell the whole story and while important, arenít the MOST important piece.

    Aside from that, if youíre going to name call, at least donít edit it.
    alright so why is stats without context not telling the story but somehow the eye test does???????? are you saying you have watched every single minute of every single game of every single season of every qb throughout the last 20 years? Clearly that is hilariously false... so now are you saying you are using context in part with stats since context is irrelevant when using the eye test because you cant watch said amount of minutes of said amount of games of said about of years? stats tell that story to help you use context when using the eye test to help fill that void because statistics tell the best picture we have even if its a flawed pictures its the best picture.....

    if we were to relate this to psd... the argument of stats would be this argument over the last few pages.... it helps tell the story... the eye test would be you ignoring these last few pages and just posting ignorance about your opinion about said thread because you think only one way while thinking you are right while using the eye test and thinking the other posts don't really matter and then trying to justify it with excuses... you gave a stupid opinion without looking at the thread and then looked at the thread and are now trying to justify said stupid opinion.... i dont know you this is true... i do think you are a good person and have no personal issues with you but think if stats said wentz were better than dak you would be all for stats over eye test and context....

    end all be all.... stats are the best indicator.... its not perfect but its better than eye test and context and at point could be wrong but would be more right then those 2 esp when using the 3 stats eye test/context/stats in this order... all stats not just those 3 face stats you and the other ahem person uses to justify a stupid opinion
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 10-28-2020 at 08:59 AM.

  12. #117
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    90,805
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    alright so why is stats without context not telling the story but somehow the eye test does???????? are you saying you have watched every single minute of every single game of every single season of every qb throughout the last 20 years? Clearly that is hilariously false... so now are you saying you are using context in part with stats since context is irrelevant when using the eye test because you cant watch said amount of minutes of said amount of games of said about of years? stats tell that story to help you use context when using the eye test to help fill that void because statistics tell the best picture we have even if its a flawed pictures its the best picture.....

    if we were to relate this to psd... the argument of stats would be this argument over the last few pages.... it helps tell the story... the eye test would be you ignoring these last few pages and just posting ignorance about your opinion about said thread because you think only one way while thinking you are right while using the eye test and thinking the other posts don't really matter and then trying to justify it with excuses... you gave a stupid opinion without looking at the thread and then looked at the thread and are now trying to justify said stupid opinion.... i dont know you this is true... i do think you are a good person and have no personal issues with you but think if stats said wentz were better than dak you would be all for stats over eye test and context....

    end all be all.... stats are the best indicator.... its not perfect but its better than eye test and context and at point could be wrong but would be more right then those 2 esp when using the 3 stats/context/eyetest in this order... all stats not just those 3 face stats you and the other ahem person uses to justify a stupid opinion
    Who said they eye test told the whole story?

    Maybe you should read more.

  13. #118
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    116,597
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Who said they eye test told the whole story?

    Maybe you should read more.
    never said this...when have i ever said eye test or stats told the whole story..... i said stats tell THE BEST STORY... better than the other 2 by far.......... anyway you slice it its the best of the 3 and have given reasoning for it.......... i have given reasoning for it while actually reading the arguments in the thread.

  14. #119
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    90,805
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    never said this...when have i ever said eye test or stats told the whole story..... i said stats tell THE BEST STORY... better than the other 2 by far.......... anyway you slice it its the best of the 3 and have given reasoning for it.......... i have given reasoning for it while actually reading the arguments in the thread.
    You just typed... so why is stats without context not telling the story but somehow the eye test does????????

    Again, I never said what you typed.

    Also, giving your opinion and reasoning be find your opinion on something so subjective still leaves you with an opinion.

    And for someone who read the whole thread, youíve seemed to confuse my stance multiple times now.

  15. #120
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    2,779

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •