Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Randy Orton

Quote Originally Posted by Bellz View Post
    I think Cena deserves a spot at the GOAT table. 14 years on top non stop nobody comes close to that.
    I was debating it and was very close to putting him there. John Cena the in-ring performer and John Cena the character were never elite or all that interesting. I have the utmost respect for Cena but if he's in the discussion, like Orton, he is on the peripheral.
    Screw sabermetics.

John cena is a way better everything over hogan and its not close....... hogan lived in a time with steroids/wrestling being real etc... hogan would never have been able to do what cena did in the pg era but cena would have been fire in the 80s and 90s before **** got pg

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    Gotcha.

While I do respect Flair and his opinion has value but Orton not the goat, not even close for me. The only GOAT candidate for me is: Undertaker/Rock/Angle/HBK/Hitman Hart/SCSA.

I would put Orton at the top on the level below GOAT along with Edge/Jake 'The Snake"/Ted Dibiase, Mr. Perfect, Sting, Cena. CM Punk, Bryan.

Jake "The Snake" .v. Randy Orton is one of my favorite all time dream matches.

------------

RIP Tracy Smothers.
    Where is Hulk Hogan? Rick Flair? Andre the Giant? Ultimate Warrior?

I was debating it and was very close to putting him there. John Cena the in-ring performer and John Cena the character were never elite or all that interesting. I have the utmost respect for Cena but if he's in the discussion, like Orton, he is on the peripheral.
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Removing basis and favoritism from my list. Speaking strictly on drawing power and what they've done.

1. SCSA - Top guy during the top time.
    2. Rock - Top guy during the top time ( 1B to Austin 1A)
    3. Flair - Different era and different times but a 20 something time world champ speaks for itself.
    4. Hogan - If he fails WWF/E crashes and burns. First real cross over star
    5. Cena - This is going to get hammer and destroyed but he has been THE GUY for 15 years. I was never his biggest fan but that type of longevity is unheard of.
    6. Taker - He was never really "THE GUY" but his character will never be touched and never needed the belt and 30 years in the business is insane.
    7/8. Macho Man and HBK - I couldn't pick which should go in front of who. But HBK was "THE GUY" during a down time for WWF but you can't argue is epic with effecting guys like Jericho/Styles/Rollins who are modern day versions of him. Macho was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. If Hogan wasn't around he would've been THE GUY.
    9. Jericho - In my opinion he might be the best promo guy of all-time , he mad a list get over... In ring is great and he has changed himself to fit times so many times over.
    10. Andre - He was one of the first big draws in wrestling. As many iconic moments.

People who are on my next tier would be - Triple H , Brock , Dusty , Piper , Hart , Goldberg , Sting
    The First Man To Ever Win The World Title - The Prestige Title - The Chaos Championship in PWW History. I am The Face That Runs The Place Mario Freaking Bellz

I'm talking pure talent. The best combination of size, look, in-ring ability, character and charisma. UW/Hulk/Andre did not have the in-ring ability or perhaps even the mic work to get into GOAT discussion.

Flair was an accidental leave off, as was Macho Man.
    Screw sabermetics.

stone cold has become overrated as **** much like hogan is............ Neither guy could do anything near what cena/orton have in the pg era... I dont want to hert eat your vitamins BS... in the 80s and 90s you only needed to be jacked and oiled up with a punch line........ in the late 90s and early 2000s all you needed to do was say hell yea and throw people through glass with head shots galore........... from 06 on you needed to actually be able to run a gimmick/wrestle/perform and so on down the list.

Hogan would have been boo like cena was during this time frame and austin would have never made it had he had to premiere anywhere during the PG ****

I'm talking pure talent. The best combination of size, look, in-ring ability, character and charisma. UW/Hulk/Andre did not have the in-ring ability or perhaps even the mic work to get into GOAT discussion.

Flair was an accidental leave off, as was Macho Man.
    No offense but you clearly ended your knowledge looking backward at the Attitude Era.

No offense but you clearly ended your knowledge looking backward at the Attitude Era.
    Maybe so but it was my list not some official list. You can have your own list but my list does not include Hogan/Warrior/Andre in the GOAT discussion.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    stone cold has become overrated as **** much like hogan is............ Neither guy could do anything near what cena/orton have in the pg era... I dont want to hert eat your vitamins BS... in the 80s and 90s you only needed to be jacked and oiled up with a punch line........ in the late 90s and early 2000s all you needed to do was say hell yea and throw people through glass with head shots galore........... from 06 on you needed to actually be able to run a gimmick/wrestle/perform and so on down the list.

Hogan would have been boo like cena was during this time frame and austin would have never made it had he had to premiere anywhere during the PG ****
    Maybe SCSA has become overrated (which I disagree with obviously) but he was legitimately a good worker especially before his neck injury. SCSA is definitely on par with Cena/Orton. If you think SCSA is overrated than the same can be said about Cena and Orton. Which is why you CANNOT compare the guys.

Of course Hogan would have been booed because could not work a match to save his life, minus a match here or there. And people were clearly getting tired of him let in his first run with the company, especially after the BS move he pulled at WM9. Hogan is definitely the most overrated superstar in history.
    Screw sabermetics.

Maybe SCSA has become overrated (which I disagree with obviously) but he was legitimately a good worker especially before his neck injury. SCSA is definitely on par with Cena/Orton. If you think SCSA is overrated than the same can be said about Cena and Orton. Which is why you CANNOT compare the guys.

Of course Hogan would have been booed because could not work a match to save his life, minus a match here or there. And people were clearly getting tired of him let in his first run with the company, especially after the BS move he pulled at WM9. Hogan is definitely the most overrated superstar in history.
    nono austin is one of the best ever no doubt... overrated might be wrong but i dont think he is that far above rock/angle/orton/cena/takers/hhhh/flair and several others.... i feel like people dont realize or respect just how hard the pg era was.... imagine the legend killer with vince going againt austin in the attitude era

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    nono austin is one of the best ever no doubt... overrated might be wrong but i dont think he is that far above rock/angle/orton/cena/takers/hhhh/flair and several others.... i feel like people dont realize or respect just how hard the pg era was.... imagine the legend killer with vince going againt austin in the attitude era
    In terms of drawing power, Stone Cold was the best. His Austin 3:16 shirt is still the best selling merchandise WWE has ever had and that's pretty crazy given the fact that Cena had a new ****ing shirt every week it seemed like. Austin is hurt by his longevity at the top. It doesn't compare to guys like Hogan or Cena but his angle with Vince is still the hottest storyline any wrestling company has ever seen and that includes the NWO.

I love Stone Cold's heel turn too. People crap on it but there was nothing better than a comedic Stone Cold. Some of those segments he had with Angle fighting for Vince's attention were funny as ****.

Orton is great but his time has passed in terms of putting the belt on him. Same with giving the Miz the MITB briefcase.

Maybe so but it was my list not some official list. You can have your own list but my list does not include Hogan/Warrior/Andre in the GOAT discussion.
    But it should else it's not All Time, it's just Your Time (GOYT).

I would love for Randy to break both Cena and Flair record.

1. Orton never left like Hogan, Rock, Brock, Cena etc. (Loyalty)
    2. Hes put a ton of young wrestlers over (Mentorship/giving back to the business)
    3. He has the legacy (Consistency)
    4. He has the respect of the locker room (Respect)
    5. He should surpass Cena who left to make movies like the Rock (Longevity)
    6. In ring ability (Talented/gifted worker)
    7. mic ability (one of the most believable heels of all time)

Dude deserves it man, hes been the most consistent guy in WWE after Taker.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 11-02-2020 at 03:53 PM.

That's what I hate about lists. People are only going to list ones they have seen. Guys like Dusty Rhodes, Piper, Gorgeous George, Dibiase and Thesz to name a few should be high on all lists.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    That's what I hate about lists. People are only going to list ones they have seen. Guys like Dusty Rhodes, Piper, Gorgeous George, Dibiase and Thesz to name a few should be high on all lists.
    Only topped by a flight of stairs of course.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/BeS8BCtQUHs/hqdefault.jpg

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast