Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who did the most they could?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Karl Malone

0 0%
  • Sir Charles

1 33.33%
  • Ewing

0 0%
  • Shaq

2 66.67%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Which HOF "PF/C" put up the best fight vs Hakeem during his reign of terror?

He took them all on, who you got?

Here are the candidates in order of Conquest:

Charles Barkley and his Suns go up 2-0 to take HCA away from the Rockets, thus dubbing them "choke city", they force a G.7 and ultimately lose, Clutch City was on its way.
    Team Fight: A-
    Individual Line: 23.4 - 12.9 - 4.1 (2.3STL+1.0BLK) 108 ORTG (19.8GmSc) (104 DRTG)
    Hakeems Line: 28.7 - 13.6 - 4.6 (1.0STL+3.9BLKS) 107 ORTG (24.2GmSc) (98 DRTG)

Karl Malone and the Jazz go out in a whimper, losing 4-1. Hakeem recieved his MVP award in G.2 of this series and erupted for 41 in a close game. They went down 3-1 after a controversial G.4 and had no chance in the final game.
    Team Fight: D/D+
    Individual Line: 26.0 - 12.6 - 5.2 (0.6STL+0.6BLK) 111 ORTG (20.4GmSc) (109 DRTG)
    Hakeems Line: 27.8 - 10.2 - 4.4 (2.6STL+4.6BLK) 109 ORTG (24.4GmSc) (97 DRTG)

Patrick Ewing and the Knicks were up 3-2 on the Rockets and were within a Starks 3pt make from winning in 6, but lost in 7. This is arguably the absolute closest moment "The Dream" almost never came true, but one shot blocked and 2 W's later, hes a champion. Ewing struggles miserably to get his offense going.
    Team Fight: A+
    Individual Line: 18.9 - 12.4 - 1.7 (1.3STL+4.3BLK) 85 ORTG (12.1GmSc) (95 DRTG)
    Hakeems Line: 26.9 - 9.1 - 3.6 (1.6STL+3.9BLK) 105 ORTG (21.0GmSc) (95 DRTG)

ROUND 2

Karl Malone has the higher seed in this rematch and actually has Hakeem up against the ropes in a 5 game series up 2-1. Loses but puts up a better fight both collectively with his team and individually with his numbers.
    Team Fight: B+/A-
    Individual Line: 30.0 - 13.2 - 3.8 (1.4STL+0.4BLK) 114 ORTG (23.0GmSc) (118 DRTG)
    Hakeems Line: 35.0 - 8.6 - 4.0 (0.8STL+2.6BLK) 116 ORTG (25.8GmSc) (112 DRTG)

Charles Barkley goes up 2-0 for the 2nd straight year, this time, they have Hakeem looking down the barrel of a gun facing a 3-1 deficit but it was KJ who was the hero for most of this series. The Suns wound up losing in a heart breaking G.7 with Mario Ellie hitting what was essentially the game winning corner 3.
    Team Fight: A+
    Individual Line: 22.3 - 13.3 - 3.1 (1.1STL+0.9BLK) 110 ORTG (18.1GmSc) (112 DRTG)
    Hakeems Line: 29.6 - 9.0 - 3.7 (0.9STL+2.3BLK) 104 ORTG (20.1GmSc) (111 DRTG)

David Robinson is the leagues MVP, is crowned in front of Hakeem this very series. I think this narrative is overblown, D-Rob deserved the MVP in every way that Giannis deserved it over Bron, but we all knew who the better player was. Still, the Spurs played a relatively decent series despite the internal clash within the organization. Losing in a traditional 6.
    Team Fight: B
    Individual Line: 23.8 - 11.3 - 2.7 (1.5STL+2.2BLK) 106 ORTG (17.9GmSc) (107 DRTG)
    Hakeems Line: 35.3 - 12.5 - 5.0 (1.3STL+4.2BLK) 111 ORTG (28.2GmSc) (101 DRTG)

Shaq takes a young up and coming Orlando Magic squad that looks to win G.1 in impressive fashion, but Nick Anderson choked twice and the rest is history as the team of the future got swept. Prolly the least impressive team effort but I think this is normally a 6 game series if NA doesn't have a mental schism. Shaq is unstoppable and to this day wishes his team wouldn't have doubled Hakeem the way they doubled him.
    Team Fight: D
    Individual Line: 28.0 - 12.0 - 6.3 (0.3STL+2.5BLK) 109 ORTG (21.8GmSc) (111 DRTG)
    Hakeems Line: 32.8 - 11.5 - 5.5 (2.0STL+2.0BLK) 107 ORTG (24.5GmSc) (106 DRTG)

I hardly call 2 years reign of terror.

2 years just isnít enough for me. A sustained 4-5-6 year or something ... sure.

But a reign of terror when Jordan wasnít even in the league that first Houston championship and the second championship he played only 17 regular season games coming out of retirement with a 45 back to 23 switch in the playoffs.

Nah

Wow Malone put up some numbers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

How can people vote here without even watching any footage of this? Most people here probably weren't even alive back then or were in kindergarten.

Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    How can people vote here without even watching any footage of this? Most people here probably weren't even alive back then or were in kindergarten.
    metrics/advanced metrics and so on down the list.... its not perfect but by far the best way of understand the talent etc... i know grandpa you dont approve but have watched every player of every game ever to justify your opinion.

my opinion... the easy answer is Shaq because of the effort dream would have had to put out on defense trying to guard him which he would have gotten dominated just from the strength and bully ball of Shaq.... from a pure skill stand point robinson and from a grit stand point charles.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    metrics/advanced metrics and so on down the list.... its not perfect but by far the best way of understand the talent etc... i know grandpa you dont approve but have watched every player of every game ever to justify your opinion.
    So the best way to talk about this is to just present a bunch of numbers without even caring if those came while both players were on the court at the same time and without bothering if they were marking each other?

Cool story, bro. Keep pretending you are a basketball fan.

Quote Originally Posted by LaVar Ball View Post

But a reign of terror when Jordan wasnít even in the league that first Houston championship and the second championship he played only 17 regular season games coming out of retirement with a 45 back to 23 switch in the playoffs.

Nah
    The actual Reign of Terror was less than a year.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Wow Malone put up some numbers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Malone is so underrated..

Quote Originally Posted by LaVar Ball View Post

Nah
    It was a special two years. Nobody reached Hakeem's level with Jordan out, except maybe early Shaq running with Penny.

I think it's easily Shaq despite the sweep. Game 1 and Game 3 were both winnable but Hakeem's teammates outplayed Shaq's.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    I think it's easily Shaq despite the sweep. Game 1 and Game 3 were both winnable but Hakeem's teammates outplayed Shaq's.
    yeah, agreed. I think the world understood Shaq was about to become the most dominant player, physically, the league had ever seen after that series.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    I partially agree with you here. I would say, anyone can vote, but if you didn't see them play, maybe point that out and say you are going off the numbers. But even those of us that did, were 25+ younger, and our memories are selective as hell, as we all know...

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Shaq-Malone-Barkley

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    I partially agree with you here. I would say, anyone can vote, but if you didn't see them play, maybe point that out and say you are going off the numbers. But even those of us that did, were 25+ younger, and our memories are selective as hell, as we all know...
    hence why video footage is needed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1Nr1qGNNvQ

Random example: Hakeem vs Barkley game 6, 1995.

The only VS here is that their teams played against each other, they had almost nothing to do with each other the whole game, apart from Hakeem going for the help defense whenever Horry was exposed.

If I had no clue and went off by Chronz's post, I'd assume that Hakeem vs Barkley was an actual thing.
    Last edited by NYKalltheway; 10-26-2020 at 02:29 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast