Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    The bolded has been my issue all year and leading up to this year. Sam does not have the talent we'd like to see surrounding him. That does not mean, he can't grow. He can still make better, smarter choices and reads. He can still improve accuracy. He can still elevate the games of the guys around him.

He has yet to even hint he can do that.

In a good system with good players around him, he can absolutely succeed. My opinion is that I would rather a QB who can succeed regardless of those around him. That likely won't translate to Ws but they will always keep you in the game.
    Every QB fails when he’s being mauled by 270+lbs defensive lineman

I agree though, Sam has unfortunately regressed and is doing the little things wrong...I blame coaching still

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    Every QB fails when he’s being mauled by 270+lbs defensive lineman

I agree though, Sam has unfortunately regressed and is doing the little things wrong...I blame coaching still
    Thing is, its hard to say if Sam is really regressing.
    Was Tannehill regressing under Gase or was it the system he was in that was failing?

Well, does Tannehill look like a regressed QB without Gase?

We don't know what Sam is because all we know is Gase's system has been an offensive failure.
    Why have many people from Gase's system gone onto success once moving on from him.

While I would move onto Lawrence or Fields, I'm not ready to point the finger at Sam and say has regressed in any faucet of he game, when no QB has thrived in Gase's system by comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Thing is, its hard to say if Sam is really regressing.
    Was Tannehill regressing under Gase or was it the system he was in that was failing?

Well, does Tannehill look like a regressed QB without Gase?

We don't know what Sam is because all we know is Gase's system has been an offensive failure.
    Why have many people from Gase's system gone onto success once moving on from him.

While I would move onto Lawrence or Fields, I'm not ready to point the finger at Sam and say has regressed in any faucet of he game, when no QB has thrived in Gase's system by comparison.
    Well I think that's the point about Darnold being done here. The way NFL franchises operate I can't see them trading down from 1, getting a new head coach, and giving Darnold 2 or 3 more years to figure it out. He'll have growing pains there as well because it will the third offensive system he will have to learn in 4 years. All of those things are signals that if they have a chance at Lawrence or even Fields, that those are the routes they go.

I feel awful for Darnold. He never had a chance here. Product of an inept organization that can't hire a good offensive minded HC and decides to blow up their roster as they are trying to develop their QB. Now there is talk that Lawrence might stay at Clemson for another year too. Lulz. If it wasn't so sad, you would have to laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Well I think that's the point about Darnold being done here. The way NFL franchises operate I can't see them trading down from 1, getting a new head coach, and giving Darnold 2 or 3 more years to figure it out. He'll have growing pains there as well because it will the third offensive system he will have to learn in 4 years. All of those things are signals that if they have a chance at Lawrence or even Fields, that those are the routes they go.

I feel awful for Darnold. He never had a chance here. Product of an inept organization that can't hire a good offensive minded HC and decides to blow up their roster as they are trying to develop their QB. Now there is talk that Lawrence might stay at Clemson for another year too. Lulz. If it wasn't so sad, you would have to laugh.
    I doubt Lawrence is staying in college.
    Manning came from a wealthy family and could afford to wait, plus he wanted to win a national championship and Heisman, he didn't.
    Lawrence doesn't come from money, doubt he really wants to risk it, not to mention he doesn't have the thickest frame for a QB.

If Lawrence does stay, fine, draft Fields and I'll gladly roll with him at QB.

Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    I doubt Lawrence is staying in college.
    Manning came from a wealthy family and could afford to wait, plus he wanted to win a national championship and Heisman, he didn't.
    Lawrence doesn't come from money, doubt he really wants to risk it, not to mention he doesn't have the thickest frame for a QB.

If Lawrence does stay, fine, draft Fields and I'll gladly roll with him at QB.
    I think he comes out too but stranger things have happened. I would definitely want reassurances that if I was leaving college and the Jets were going to draft me that Adam Gase is not the coach. No reason for him to ruin 3 QBs careers. He did his damndest with Tannehill and Darnold. All I am saying is that would be the cherry on the **** sundae. That Lawrence would say **** it and stay at Clemson because he didn't want to go to the Jets.

Fields would be a nice consolation prize though.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112