Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Fields is legit.

Only question I have about him is the system he plays in, but to be fair, I have the same question about Lawrence as neither are really pro style systems.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I agree.
    If the jets ended up with the #2? I want more picks. Right now we have 2 first, a second and 2 thirds.
    I would consider dropping back for a swap of fists, a second and third this year and next years first and third. (Giving the Jets 3 firsts and two thirds in 2022)
    I am going DE, CB, OL, WR with every pick. Not specifically in that order but that's our biggest needs as it stands today.
    Whatever happens, I hope we finish in front of the Jags. Maybe we can get 2 first out of them.
    Jags could be our best friends, if we could somehow get their #1 this year and #1 next year, we are sitting pretty. Their second #1 this year could even stay with them

Not sure how, but Iíd love to walk away with Chase, Pitts/Freiermuth and Humphrey with our first 3 picks...thatís legit help for Sam

Quote Originally Posted by JetNation View Post
    Side note. Through 2 years the new uniforms still havenít really grown on me and thereís times I feel Iím not even watching the Jets play, am I the only one? Lol
    I hardly noticed

Quote Originally Posted by lamonster View Post
    Here are the problems with wanting to trade down for more draft picks. The first is, when you think of a draft pick, don't you want the #1 overall? And if that is the case (which I know it is) don't you hope that if you have the #1 it is in a year when there is a franchise QB available (which we all know is the case)? So why, after such a crappy year, would we want to miss out on that opportunity?
    Next, what are the chances, especially with this team's draft history, that we will select and more importantly develop the right players?
    Lastly, let's take a look at the Jamal Adams trade. Now I still stand by that trade, but since the other team is having such a good year, there is a possibility that those picks will be very late first rounders. So once again, if given the chance to take a top five QB prospect going back to at least 1983, why would we even consider trading out of that position?
    It seems every year or two, the top QB is a generational talent...donít know if I can buy that crap anymore

Regardless, if Joe D believes he is a generational talent, then you take him, if not, you trade for multiple picks because this team needs help EVERYWHERE. Outside of interior defensive line and RB, I can justify any position with a top 10 pick

Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Fields is legit.

Only question I have about him is the system he plays in, but to be fair, I have the same question about Lawrence as neither are really pro style systems.
    TLís arm strength is absolutely ridiculous. Looks like a better Josh Allen.
    Now is he accurate and smart, Iím not sure

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    It seems every year or two, the top QB is a generational talent...donít know if I can buy that crap anymore

Regardless, if Joe D believes he is a generational talent, then you take him, if not, you trade for multiple picks because this team needs help EVERYWHERE. Outside of interior defensive line and RB, I can justify any position with a top 10 pick
    I hear you on that, but I am only including prospects who were sure fire, top two or three picks of the draft type guys. Based on that criteria, you need to take out all time greats like Marino, Favre, Brady, etc. So, using those parameters, I have these QB's as the top five (in no particular order): Elway, Manning, Vick, Luck and now Lawrence.

So, even though we all realize Darnold was never given a fair shot regarding the talent around him, we need to be honest and recognize the flaws he had coming out of college, especially in regards to turnovers. And if you take a look at any talent evaluator/grading system, none of them have/had Darnold in the same category as they do Lawrence.

Sorry, but we simply cannot afford to pass on that type of QB prospect, just to add additional draft picks and take a WR or whoever else you guys would want to draft. Look no further than what Arizona did with Murray. They recognized they made a mistake with Rosen and corrected it the very next year. Now they are 5-2 and look like a legit playoff team. I rather be wrong with Lawrence, then pass on him just to see him dominate the league for 15 years.
    Your Worst Nightmare

TLís arm strength is absolutely ridiculous. Looks like a better Josh Allen.
    Now is he accurate and smart, Iím not sure
    Arm strength isn't everything.

Brady has good arm strength but not a powerful arm.
    You just have to be able to throw in winter weather.

Lawrence has that arm and Fields has proven he does too.

Anyone thinking that if the Jets end up with Fields instead of Lawrence is a bad thing, think again.
    Fields is legit, but a different type of QB than Lawrence.
    Last edited by MrX27; 10-26-2020 at 09:03 PM.

Just look at the impact that Herbert is having on the Chargers. And Lawrence projects to be better.

Jets need to come away with him.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Just look at the impact that Herbert is having on the Chargers. And Lawrence projects to be better.

Jets need to come away with him.
    Fields is projected to be better than Herbert too.

Lawrence IS NOT the only good QB in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by lamonster View Post
    I hear you on that, but I am only including prospects who were sure fire, top two or three picks of the draft type guys. Based on that criteria, you need to take out all time greats like Marino, Favre, Brady, etc. So, using those parameters, I have these QB's as the top five (in no particular order): Elway, Manning, Vick, Luck and now Lawrence.

So, even though we all realize Darnold was never given a fair shot regarding the talent around him, we need to be honest and recognize the flaws he had coming out of college, especially in regards to turnovers. And if you take a look at any talent evaluator/grading system, none of them have/had Darnold in the same category as they do Lawrence.

Sorry, but we simply cannot afford to pass on that type of QB prospect, just to add additional draft picks and take a WR or whoever else you guys would want to draft. Look no further than what Arizona did with Murray. They recognized they made a mistake with Rosen and corrected it the very next year. Now they are 5-2 and look like a legit playoff team. I rather be wrong with Lawrence, then pass on him just to see him dominate the league for 15 years.
    For Darnold, I seem to remember everyone saying he was off the charts and the best QB since Andrew Luck. His turnover problem was related to fumbles, which he cleaned up really fast by working with Jordan Palmer.

Hereís a Mcshay comment while also talking about Lawrence and other generational talent QBs
    ď "I go back to 2012 with Andrew Luck," McShay said while discussing Lawrence. "Thatís the highest grade Iíve given in 20 years to a quarterback with a 99 grade. Trevor Lawrence has a 97. Itís higher than Joe Burrow with the great year that he came off last year. He had a 94 grade, same as Sam Darnold who I loved coming out of USC.Ē

Iím indifferent to what we do if we have the #1 pick. Draft TL or trade for multiple picks to really give Sam a shot, but letís not underplay Sam and what he could have been, we potentially ruined a generational talent.

Look how good Tannehill is playing after he got away from Gase. Maybe Darnold could do the same. There is still hope.

Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Fields is projected to be better than Herbert too.

Lawrence IS NOT the only good QB in the draft.
    This morning on the Boomer and Gio show, Boomer said that evaluators say Lawrence is a 'can't miss' prospect. He said he is being compared to three guys. Elway, Manning and Luck. Fields is not that level of prospect. Now, as we know, that does not mean that Fields will not be better, but from an evaluation standpoint, you cannot do much better than Lawrence. I'm not sure why some of you aren't understanding that. We do not have crystal balls, and things can happen (i.e Luck having no offensive line and getting his spleen destroyed), but I am only talking about where Darnold, Lawrence and even Fields rate, and on that basis alone, Lawrence is the superior prospect coming out of college.
    Your Worst Nightmare

For Darnold, I seem to remember everyone saying he was off the charts and the best QB since Andrew Luck. His turnover problem was related to fumbles, which he cleaned up really fast by working with Jordan Palmer.

Hereís a Mcshay comment while also talking about Lawrence and other generational talent QBs
    ď "I go back to 2012 with Andrew Luck," McShay said while discussing Lawrence. "Thatís the highest grade Iíve given in 20 years to a quarterback with a 99 grade. Trevor Lawrence has a 97. Itís higher than Joe Burrow with the great year that he came off last year. He had a 94 grade, same as Sam Darnold who I loved coming out of USC.Ē

Iím indifferent to what we do if we have the #1 pick. Draft TL or trade for multiple picks to really give Sam a shot, but letís not underplay Sam and what he could have been, we potentially ruined a generational talent.
    And that is the problem my man. I think all of us are very concerned the Jets are so bad that they are more than capable of screwing up a 'can't miss' prospect like TL. I still believe we have to get it right eventually. I'm the kind of guy when the roulette wheel has come up red 5 times in a row says, it just has to be black this time. Hopefully the law of averages finally start breaking our way!
    Your Worst Nightmare

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    "Dalvin Cook, Kareem Hunt, Aaron Jones, Derrick Henry, Alvin Kamara, Todd Gurley, Tyler Lockett, Adam Thielen and Kyler Murray have each found the endzone seven times so far. Itís incredible to think that two players on the same team (Cook and Thielen) each have as many touchdowns as the Jets."

Da mn. I dont like Mettah one bit but that I a funny stat. 7 players have a many TDs this year as the Jets offense.

Ignorance is bliss

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang

I wanted Mayfield over any of them. I was undecided between Darnold and Allen. Darnold came with a "Gunslinger" rep and was inconsistent in college.
    I was never in love with trading up for any of those qbs but I was happy with the pick for sure.

Unless Sam really turns it around the jets have to take TL with the number 1. If they don't and he's what he's projected to be, they will be crucified.
    If the Jets do't get the number 1, I am fine with trading it or going another direction.

Ignorance is bliss

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast