Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by afmanic View Post
    If TL was on the team now the result is the same. played well in the 1st half but Buffalo made adjustments, JETS didnt once again. Berrios, a couple of bad drops. Got away from running game.

as you said the team is bad and coached even worse.
    Yeah I am still of the firm belief that if and when Darnold goes somewhere else, he will be a good QB. There's nothing for him here though and they aren't going to give him another opportunity with a new coach. Lawrence will be the guy if the Jets draft at #1.

Quote Originally Posted by lamonster View Post
    I think our main competition for the first pick will be the Jaguars. We need them to pick up another win or two. My goal for every team is to get them to 3 wins. I think the Jets can maybe get two wins somewhere (I also think we have a great shot at getting zero wins for that matter), so three from the other teams will put us in prime position!
    My exact thoughts...literally, every single detail

WEEK 7: Bills @ Jets

We need more 1 win teams to stop blowing games. We are 1 win away from going from 1st pick to 7th.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Yeah I am still of the firm belief that if and when Darnold goes somewhere else, he will be a good QB. There's nothing for him here though and they aren't going to give him another opportunity with a new coach. Lawrence will be the guy if the Jets draft at #1.
    Justin Fields looks legit too. Give us pick 1 or 2 and I'll be ecstatic.

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Justin Fields looks legit too. Give us pick 1 or 2 and I'll be ecstatic.
    Not a fan of his

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    Not a fan of his
    Don't get me wrong, I want TL, but I'd still take Fields 2nd if that's where we land.

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I want TL, but I'd still take Fields 2nd if that's where we land.
    Itís quite possible we broke Sam and heíll never be good, but Iím targeting Chase to give him a legit #1 WR

I would only consider TL to replace Sam, otherwise give Sam some weapons.

If we ended up in the top 5 and missed out on TL and Chase, Iíd consider Sewell to form the best LT/RT combo ever, but more likely want to trade back a few picks, pickup Leatherwood for RT and trade up for Pitts with the Seahawks pick
    Last edited by Larry M; 10-26-2020 at 06:53 AM.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    Itís quite possible we broke Sam and heíll never be good, but Iím targeting Chase to give him a legit #1 WR
    I would only consider TL to replace Sam
    I agree.
    If the jets ended up with the #2? I want more picks. Right now we have 2 first, a second and 2 thirds.
    I would consider dropping back for a swap of fists, a second and third this year and next years first and third. (Giving the Jets 3 firsts and two thirds in 2022)
    I am going DE, CB, OL, WR with every pick. Not specifically in that order but that's our biggest needs as it stands today.
    Whatever happens, I hope we finish in front of the Jags. Maybe we can get 2 first out of them.

Ignorance is bliss

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    That post game weird. Gase is so calm. The media is so nice.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Literally everyone knows what will eventually happen and theyíre just going through motions.

Side note. Through 2 years the new uniforms still havenít really grown on me and thereís times I feel Iím not even watching the Jets play, am I the only one? Lol

I agree.
    If the jets ended up with the #2? I want more picks. Right now we have 2 first, a second and 2 thirds.
    I would consider dropping back for a swap of fists, a second and third this year and next years first and third. (Giving the Jets 3 firsts and two thirds in 2022)
    I am going DE, CB, OL, WR with every pick. Not specifically in that order but that's our biggest needs as it stands today.
    Whatever happens, I hope we finish in front of the Jags. Maybe we can get 2 first out of them.
    Here are the problems with wanting to trade down for more draft picks. The first is, when you think of a draft pick, don't you want the #1 overall? And if that is the case (which I know it is) don't you hope that if you have the #1 it is in a year when there is a franchise QB available (which we all know is the case)? So why, after such a crappy year, would we want to miss out on that opportunity?
    Next, what are the chances, especially with this team's draft history, that we will select and more importantly develop the right players?
    Lastly, let's take a look at the Jamal Adams trade. Now I still stand by that trade, but since the other team is having such a good year, there is a possibility that those picks will be very late first rounders. So once again, if given the chance to take a top five QB prospect going back to at least 1983, why would we even consider trading out of that position?
    Your Worst Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by JetNation View Post
    Side note. Through 2 years the new uniforms still havenít really grown on me and thereís times I feel Iím not even watching the Jets play, am I the only one? Lol
    Only thing I like about the uniforms are the helmets.

Hopefully this garbage is gone after 3 more seasons.

I think even the media wants to feel bad for Gase at this point. I have no sympathy for the guy. When he made that comment last year about him being "rich as ****" in regards to fan criticism, it really soured me on him even more so than I already was.

The only thing prolonging this does for him is cost him any potential jobs in the future. Maybe that's his penance for being a twat.
    Last edited by metswon69; 10-26-2020 at 04:17 PM.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast