Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Why doesnít the 98-99 Spurs Title Get Undermined?

They played in a shortened 50 game season. They faced a massive underdog in the 8th seed in the East Knicks without a Torn Achilles Patrick Ewing.

Everyone getting on this Lakers 2020 bubble team for facing an undermanned 5th Seed Heat squad.

I just want everyone to keep the same level of energy for the 99 Spurs. Thatís all.

Quote Originally Posted by LaVar Ball View Post
    They played in a shortened 50 game season. They faced a massive underdog in the 8th seed in the East Knicks without a Torn Achilles Patrick Ewing.

Everyone getting on this Lakers 2020 bubble team for facing an undermanned 5th Seed Heat squad.

I just want everyone to keep the same level of energy for the 99 Spurs. Thatís all.
    None of it matters. Eventually it's just another number.

The Lakers cheat code is being in LA.

Caused it happened over 20 years ago. Not exactly a hot topic.

why canít Laker fans enjoy their title and stop playing the victim card? You won wtf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

This is why ringz culture shouldn't matter as much tho.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post

why canít Laker fans enjoy their title and stop playing the victim card? You won wtf

Nawww f that yalll gotta keep the same energy

1. Lakers playin crap in the bubble. Lillard is hot and the Blazers are the toughest Most dangerous 8th Seed in history and have all the momentum.

2. Lolololol Lakers have to adjust to the Rockets small ball ... oh but wait only reason Lakers won cuz of the Danuel House situation

3 Jokic and Murray are balling out for the Nuggets and nobody can stop Murray ... but Lakers road to finals donít matter cuz they didnít face the clips

4. Heat a 5th seed with a compromised Bam and Dragic so they got lucky (Pat Riley just came out and basically said that yesterday to the media)

And honestly. Lakers fans and laker nation and the organization have been receiving crap from you guys consistently dating back to when Magic left in April 2019:

1. Magic left a dumpster fire. Rob is the cancer. Linda Rambis is the shadow owner over Jeanie Buss.

2. Lakers got their 3rd choice coach in Vogel behind Monty & Ty Lue

3. Lakers wonít be able to get AD. Celtics have the assets. Zo, Ingram etc is crap.

4. Lakers got AD but thatís cuz of LeBron & Klutch.

5. Rob didnít know the cap !!!!

6. Kawhi didnít want to play with LeBron and he wanted to go against the Lakers ! This is Kawhi town!!!! Clippers billboards and propaganda on FSN and ESPN with Ballmer sending all the TV analysts the Clipper jerseys with the gang Los Angeles style jerseys and the Laker slandering all season.

7. Whoís gonna stop the clippers ?!! Danny green God bless his soul canít be in 6 places at once ?!

8. Dwight is a cancer

9. Soft strength of schedule

10. Oh God Lakers trying to Ďdo it for Kobeí

Honestly it was crap after crap. And despite getting the 1 seed in the tough west we didnít have our HCA (as JordansBulls oh so loves to say).

This is the most scrutinized team and itís organization and we still won the chip.

And now we getting crap that thereís an asterisk cuz of the bubble and LeBron had 4 months to recover.

BS!

What a ****ing victim

When all is said and done no one remembers the ďasteriskĒ. A title is a title. Everyone is talking crap about the Lakers title but 10 years from now no one will give a crap that it was played in a bubble. Hell some people have even said that with everything being factored in this years title might have been tougher than any previous title.

What a ****ing victim

Blame yourselves on PSD, twitter, and the media on tv and radio who basically made the Lakers the underdogs going into every series.

Blame yourselves on PSD, twitter, and the media on tv and radio who basically made the Lakers the underdogs going into every series.

That never happened. Youíre just obnoxious

The notion that we should "devalue" any title is preposterous. Everyone plays under the same set of rules, so it's always fair. Injuries are unfortunately a part of the game, but it's downright disrespectful to try to discredit the winning team for beating a supposed inferior team. Take this year's Finals, Miami absolutely deserved to be in the NBA Finals. They beat a team that has had the best record in the NBA each of the last two years and the back to back MVP of the league four games to one. They beat a Celtics team that was a prohibitive favorite. They took more games off the Lakers than anyone else, and that was largely without their leading scorer AND rebounder.

Devaluing titles is just dumb and it honestly just devalues the league in general. It shouldn't be something that's discussed honestly because it's always moot when everyone plays under the same set of rules. The Spurs didn't do anything wrong winning in 1999 under the same conditions as everyone else. People need to grow up honestly.
    Last edited by TylerSL; 10-26-2020 at 02:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerSL View Post
    The notion that we should "devalue" any title is preposterous. Everyone plays under the same set of rules, so it's always fair. Injuries are unfortunately a part of the game, but it's downright disrespectful to try to discredit the winning team for beating a supposed inferior team. Take this year's Finals, Miami absolutely deserved to be in the NBA Finals. They beat a team that has had the best record in the NBA each of the last two years and the back to back MVP of the league four games to one. They beat a Celtics team that was a prohibitive favorite. They took more games off the Lakers than anyone else, and that was largely without their leading scorer AND rebounder.

Devaluing titles is just dumb and it honestly just devalues the league in general. It shouldn't be something that's discussed honestly because it's always moot when everyone plays under the same set of rules. The Spurs didn't do anything wrong winning in 1999 under the same conditions as everyone else. People need to grow up honestly.
    Agreed.

Actually I saw you play the victim card way more than any Lakers fan...

#17 for #24 & G1

Job's done

That never happened. Youíre just obnoxious

You weren't listening...

#17 for #24 & G1

Job's done

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    This is why ringz culture shouldn't matter as much tho.
    Lol

#17 for #24 & G1

Job's done

The reason it doesn't get marginalized is Jordan and Kobe fans are not scared that Duncan will surpass their favorite player.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast