Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Should the Lakers retire Mikans number?

Blows my mind that they havent, how can they simultaneously claim all those championships but not retire the jersey of the man behind basketballs first true dynasty.

Also, why dont the Lakers count the BAA championships if they were the same team that dominated the NBA? I think the Lakers should go all in or not at all.

Petition to get his jersey retired here: https://www.change.org/p/nba-retire-...milan-s-jersey

Agree

Mikan & Mikkelsen

Good thread Chronz. And yes it should have definitely been retired. Especially when the Lakers are claiming the Minni day’s championships as part of our 17 championships.

When Mikan passed away in 2005, Shaq paid for his funeral.

Yes

As WS said, especially if you’re claiming those 5 titles. Although in a much different era, he set the trend of big men on the Lakers.

Can anyone make an argument against it?

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

It's a quick and easy fix to the biggest hole for people to poke in the Lakers' number of championships. I'll still point out that Los Angeles, despite having two teams since 1984, has only 12 NBA championships to Boston's 17. I personally think the place is more important than a business that moves around.