Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 33
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    47,673

    Nash and Amare reunite

    Tis true. Thoughts?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    6,191
    Amare joining the Nets staff...I love it

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    4,592
    That's weird. Maybe he'll sign a 10 day contract or 2.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,731
    Make him Jarrett Allen's personal offensive coach. If you can harness Allen's defensive potential with Amar'e's feel on offense, that's a star in the making.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    61,381
    Banana boat.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    50,590

    Nash and Amare reunite

    Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    Make him Jarrett Allen's personal offensive coach. If you can harness Allen's defensive potential with Amar'e's feel on offense, that's a star in the making.
    Amare was an incredible scorer. I remember him getting hurt when he played for the Knicks. He worked with Hakeem and came back with a very well developed post game. It was incredible. Iíve seen guys work and get better but Amare just improved so quickly.

    He is also hyper disciplined and fundamentally very sound. I think he could definitely teach Xs and Os on offense

    It came so easy for him. likewise he was naturally bad and cluelsss on D.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 10-24-2020 at 09:07 AM.
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    23,099
    Nash and Amare ran the PnR to perfection. It's what initiated the offence on those Suns teams. They could teach a lot to the Nets. Just don't let either of them coach the team on defence.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,731
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Amare was an incredible scorer. I remember him getting hurt when he played for the Knicks. He worked with Hakeem and came back with a very well developed post game. It was incredible. Iíve seen guys work and get better but Amare just improved so quickly.

    He is also hyper disciplined and fundamentally very sound. I think he could definitely teach Xs and Os on offense

    It came so easy for him. likewise he was naturally bad and cluelsss on D.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You've got Jordan to teach Allen on that end.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    4,592
    .
    Last edited by NBA all the way; 10-26-2020 at 10:50 PM. Reason: Wrong thread

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    26,536
    I dont like that the faith of my boy Nash rests in Irving's hands. Kyrie is just one of those guys who could be an all time great but is satisfied with being an idiot. And then you have Durant who is a coward and will blame and bail the minute things don't go his way. I really hope they didnt hire Nash and Staudamire just be scapegoats when this experiment fails, but it really looks like thats what its gonna be.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    50,590
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    I dont like that the faith of my boy Nash rests in Irving's hands. Kyrie is just one of those guys who could be an all time great but is satisfied with being an idiot. And then you have Durant who is a coward and will blame and bail the minute things don't go his way. I really hope they didnt hire Nash and Staudamire just be scapegoats when this experiment fails, but it really looks like thats what its gonna be.
    If Kylie keeps his head on straight and they are successful Nash could get tons of credit and honestly Kyrie game is pretty solid I think his negative effect has as much to do with chemistry as play style. If he can convince him not to be an unbearable *** heís will have won a great battle


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    26,536
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    If Kylie keeps his head on straight and they are successful Nash could get tons of credit and honestly Kyrie game is pretty solid I think his negative effect has as much to do with chemistry as play style. If he can convince him not to be an unbearable *** heís will have won a great battle


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    yeah I get the high risk high reward thing that the Nets are doing. And on paper it looks fantastic, Kyrie and Durant respectively are top 10 players when healthy. KD likely top 3.

    We learned from the Clippers this year that you can look great on paper and flop in reality. The difference is Durant and Kyrie are major drama queens. I wonder how they handle adversity when things arent going as smoothly as planned. Do they start blaming each other? scapegoating the coaching staff? ask for a trade? Ask for their team mates to be traded? we know their reputations, the minute theres trouble in the water these two tend to start spazzing.

    I'll give you an example ďbut itís pretty glaring we need one more piece or two more pieces that will complement myself, KD" This is Kyrie throwing his young team mates under the bus and suggesting the nets make a trade. He does this 3 games back after missing two months and coming after a loss. https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2020/1/...y-kevin-durant If anything he should have been giving praise to his team mates for still being in a playoff spot with out their two best players. Thats what a logical player would think. But Not Kyrie he wants them trades instead lol.

    The irony about this is that the Nets could now trade Dinwiddie, Levert, Allen to do exactly what Kyrie is suggesting. Which is stupid. Kyrie and Durant have a great cast in Dinwiddie, Levert,Harris, Allen, Prince, Jordan, Temple... But this is what Irving does. He messes up good situations lol.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 10-29-2020 at 01:38 PM.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    50,590
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    yeah I get the high risk high reward thing that the Nets are doing. And on paper it looks fantastic, Kyrie and Durant respectively are top 10 players when healthy. KD likely top 3.

    We learned from the Clippers this year that you can look great on paper and flop in reality. The difference is Durant and Kyrie are major drama queens. I wonder how they handle adversity when things arent going as smoothly as planned. Do they start blaming each other? scapegoating the coaching staff? ask for a trade? Ask for their team mates to be traded? we know their reputations, the minute theres trouble in the water these two tend to start spazzing.

    I'll give you an example ďbut itís pretty glaring we need one more piece or two more pieces that will complement myself, KD" This is Kyrie throwing his young team mates under the bus and suggesting the nets make a trade. He does this 3 games back after missing two months and coming after a loss. https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2020/1/...y-kevin-durant If anything he should have been giving praise to his team mates for still being in a playoff spot with out their two best players. Thats what a logical player would think. But Not Kyrie he wants them trades instead lol.

    The irony about this is that the Nets could now trade Dinwiddie, Levert, Allen to do exactly what Kyrie is suggesting. Which is stupid. Kyrie and Durant have a great cast in Dinwiddie, Levert,Harris, Allen, Prince, Jordan, Temple... But this is what Irving does. He messes up good situations lol.
    I donít disagree with anything here. I remember that quote as well someone should have kicked his ***.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    26,536
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I donít disagree with anything here. I remember that quote as well someone should have kicked his ***.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I just think Kyrie is the luckiest player and also the most ungrateful. Were talking about a guy whos been on two contenders and wasnt happy on either. I cant imagine a guy always being in a position to win it all and some how always have a problem. Its cray. Maybe third times the charm. He and Durant have been planning this for a while.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Bay
    Posts
    15,990
    DíAntoni just joined them

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •