Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    He's washed. Too slow for today's game. Not the greatest outside shooter either. Being able to read the game means nothing if you're too slow to react to it.

I mean, it's easy to say he should retire because he isn't great anymore. But he's still worthy of being on a roster and playing minutes. He only gets so long to play the game and if he wants to he should keep going.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    he would be a starter and Bam would be the backup... Bam is a system player just wait and see
    Haha...try harder man.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    Bam wont even be in the league after next season after hes exposed I would say
    I'll take that bet! A big man who is athletic, with a decent shot and a decent post game, who can rebound and play defense and plays with a lot of energy, who is also super young won't be in the league after next season??? Seriously?? Cmon dude, that's freaken crazy...but I'm happy to make a sig bet if you disagree.

I feel like Gasol could still chase some rings. Would the Lakers rather rely on him or Dwight? How about the Warriors drafting Wiseman, then signing Gasol as the backup to mentor him? Both of those seem like smart moves.

Quote Originally Posted by more-than-most View Post
    he would be a starter and bam would be the backup... Bam is a system player just wait and see
    haha

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    I feel like Gasol could still chase some rings. Would the Lakers rather rely on him or Dwight? How about the Warriors drafting Wiseman, then signing Gasol as the backup to mentor him? Both of those seem like smart moves.
    Def keep Dwight. Gasol is 40 years old and the last time we saw him, 2018-19 season, he averaged less than 4 points a game on worse than 45% shooting from the floor. For a career he has averaged 17/9 on 51% shooting, so he's a carcass of his old self. He's a 1st ballot a HoF absolutely, but he's washed. Dwight played his best basketball since probably 2015 last year. He can continue in this role for several more years for the Lakers.

As for the Warriors, giving him a look probably wouldn't be a terrible thing but I imagine he'll just end up retiring. A reunion with the Lakers or going back to Spain would make more sense for him IMO, but retiring is honestly his best option. He could probably join a coaching staff or the front office of an org if he wanted that. His experience would bring value to any team, just not as a player anymore.
    Last edited by TylerSL; 10-26-2020 at 01:51 AM.

I love how half the people in this thread are talking about Marc and the other half are talking about Pau lol

Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    I'll take that bet! A big man who is athletic, with a decent shot and a decent post game, who can rebound and play defense and plays with a lot of energy, who is also super young won't be in the league after next season??? Seriously?? Cmon dude, that's freaken crazy...but I'm happy to make a sig bet if you disagree.
    Im trolling him because hes a hater. Bam is a top 5 center in the league and will jump higher next season and be a top 15 or so player in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    Fun fact: I have a Pau Gasol jersey. I got it as a gift. It's the only basketball jersey I own from a player that never played for the Knicks.
    the question is though, Grizzlies, Lakers or Bulls?

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    I love how half the people in this thread are talking about Marc and the other half are talking about Pau lol
    Yeah; I assumed it was Marc, because he's the only useful Gasol as of now. The OP should have used his first name on the first reference.

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    Yeah; I assumed it was Marc, because he's the only useful Gasol as of now. The OP should have used his first name on the first reference.
    I would've, could've, even thought about doing so . At this point, I think it should be clear but why limit responses? **** it, any of the Gasols apply.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    I would've, could've, even thought about doing so . At this point, I think it should be clear but why limit responses? **** it, any of the Gasols apply.
    They should both retire really.

Who was better at their peak?

Marc played well prior to his hamstring injury. He can be reluctant to look for his own offense but he was in rythmn early on. The Raptors were +11.5 when he was on as opposed to +5.1 when he was off.

He pulled his hamstring in late Decemeber and missed a month of basketball before returning and pulling his hamstring again in late January. He was expected to return around the end of March but then the shutdown happened.

From the long playoff run and then playing in the summer, he was fatigued and the Raptors knew it, which is why his minutes were somewhat limited early on. His injury came to no surprise.

He looked like he was in great shape in the bubble but I dont know how much we can take away from how he played after such a long layoff. I think he will garner some interest once FA begins. His passing and IQ still makes him valuable and who knows, maybe he still has something left in the tank. It was only last year he was averaging 30 minutes a game in the playoffs.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    Last edited by aman_13; 10-28-2020 at 03:31 AM.
    Its about winning, Stoudemire said. You win, youre going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you dont win, nobody really wants to see you.

I say both Gasols go to the Clippers.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast