Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers + Giants View Post
    Oh, so now lakers were stacked? Lmaooo

Didnít hear that at all before the playoffs. Itís legitimately Bron AD and role players
    Man, it's truly amazing the up and down road that rag tag group of journeymen put together to win a ring. How you were able to navigate the playoffs with ONLY the greatest player in the history of basketball and another top 5 player/arguably best big man in the game, unreal...truly remarkable. It's impressive that a franchise so talent depraved was finally able to catch lightning in a bottle with this group of misfits. Congratulations, it's been a long time coming for the cards to finally fall y'all's way.

My ideal trade

Brooklyn Nets receive: Paul George
    Los Angeles Clippers receive: Spencer Dinwiddie, Jarrett Allen, Caris Levert, and 2 Brooklyn first round picks (lottery protected)

Paul George in Brooklyn gets to team up with Kyrie and KD...plus you have DeAndre Jordan there as your C plus whatever players you have coming off the bench; Brooklyn becomes even more of a threat in the East

Clippers get better instantly with Dinwiddie, Allen and Levert...put them next to Kawhi and then you have Trezz, Lou Williams and Pat Bev off the bench if they stay unless you get rid of them...Clippers become somewhat better but not by much but only if you keep them

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    Man, it's truly amazing the up and down road that rag tag group of journeymen put together to win a ring. How you were able to navigate the playoffs with ONLY the greatest player in the history of basketball and another top 5 player/arguably best big man in the game, unreal...truly remarkable. It's impressive that a franchise so talent depraved was finally able to catch lightning in a bottle with this group of misfits. Congratulations, it's been a long time coming for the cards to finally fall y'all's way.
    he isnt saying they didnt have talent but they def werent the favorites... clippers/bucks were by far the favorites entering the playoffs. The stock of the lakers even fell further once the restart happened because of how bad they looked... people thought the blazers would upset them etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    wait I thought you could chuck big names together and the wins produce themselves
    Donít forget Lee Jenkins and his brilliant marketing of donating courts to LA city parks on having the clippers logo on the backboards, or the billboards of streetlights and all that crap or the giving of the new balance shoes and Kawhi jerseys and the Los Angeles gangsta style lettering on the jerseys and handing them out to Ramona, Nazi Woj, Skip, Bucher and the rest on the pro-Clipper propaganda all season with the anti-Laker propaganda. It was just too much and too obvious from beginning to end.

Donít forget the old hag Jackie Mac and that gap in his front two teeth fatass Nick Freidell.

They all thought the pro clipper propaganda would lead to the Clipper chip.

Clip city chip city Lmfao gtfo fatass Marcellus!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    My ideal trade

Brooklyn Nets receive: Paul George
    Los Angeles Clippers receive: Spencer Dinwiddie, Jarrett Allen, Caris Levert, and 2 Brooklyn first round picks (lottery protected)

Paul George in Brooklyn gets to team up with Kyrie and KD...plus you have DeAndre Jordan there as your C plus whatever players you have coming off the bench; Brooklyn becomes even more of a threat in the East

Clippers get better instantly with Dinwiddie, Allen and Levert...put them next to Kawhi and then you have Trezz, Lou Williams and Pat Bev off the bench if they stay unless you get rid of them...Clippers become somewhat better but not by much but only if you keep them
    That's an insane haul if George isn't locked up on a long-term deal. I just don't trust the guy and wouldn't trade that much for him unless he was locked up for at least four years. And I wouldn't include the first-rounders. LeVert's a pretty good approximation on his own, while Allen's the center of the future, and Dinwiddie's an underrated two-way 6'5" floor general.

Unfortunately it usually works pretty damn well.
    Unfortunately it fails more times than it works. But at the same time thats how championships are won. I have seen it fail time and time again. just to name a few off the top of my head, present Spurs, Houston many times from Tmac days to present, Clippers with cp3 Blake, This Clippers, Blazers, Suns , Lakers with Malone Payton, Lakers with Pau Howard Kobe, New York, Miny, Wizards. I mean the list is long. Games got to be played. Some just make it seem easy. A new team constructed with a new coach hardly ever wins in the 1st season.
    Last edited by ldawg; 10-23-2020 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    That's an insane haul if George isn't locked up on a long-term deal. I just don't trust the guy and wouldn't trade that much for him unless he was locked up for at least four years. And I wouldn't include the first-rounders. LeVert's a pretty good approximation on his own, while Allen's the center of the future, and Dinwiddie's an underrated two-way 6'5" floor general.
    Dinwiddie's defense isn't well regarded from what I've gathered but he would fit the scheme here, and it sounds like the inmates are running the asylum over there so they might percieve PG-13 as an "undeniable talent" as KD put it. Wish we could include Trez but really, it all depends on what Kawhi wants, I hope.

I would love that trade but I think they would force DJ on us but I doubt we would do it without the incredible depth.

The hate is strong with this one.

Plus Dinwiddie, Levert and Allen are more of a fit for the Clippers than PG13 at this point and putting PG13 in Broomlyn would probably be the best thing for him

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Dinwiddie's defense isn't well regarded from what I've gathered but he would fit the scheme here, and it sounds like the inmates are running the asylum over there so they might percieve PG-13 as an "undeniable talent" as KD put it. Wish we could include Trez but really, it all depends on what Kawhi wants, I hope.

I would love that trade but I think they would force DJ on us but I doubt we would do it without the incredible depth.
    This trade would only increase the Clippers' depth. LeVert alone could end up being as or more useful than George was the playoffs this year. Dinwiddie's great for team defense, generally underrated and on a cheap-*** deal. I really like 6'5" point guards who can average 20 and 8 over a season and be pluses on defense.
    As for Jordan, he'd be useful to the Clippers. You need guys who won't get pushed around by Davis, Jokic and LeBron. Jordan only costs $3 million more a season than Zubac and can still catch lobs and play great interior defense.

Simmons and Horford to the Clippers is interesting. Clippers need a defensive big and they need a point.

No way Simmons or George get traded tho.

The point is unlike Shaq kobe, Malone Stockton, Jordan pippen Rodman,, kawhi pg, and other elite teams, the supporting cast was bad. LBJ and AD deserve absurd credit for doing what they did.

All of the above had deep, talented supporting casts.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Clippers blowing it up

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    The point is unlike Shaq kobe, Malone Stockton, Jordan pippen Rodman,, kawhi pg, and other elite teams, the supporting cast was bad. LBJ and AD deserve absurd credit for doing what they did.

All of the above had deep, talented supporting casts.

Of course LBJ and AD get the credit. They are by far the Lakers best players. What is with the need to be a victim? The Lakers and Clippers were pre season favorites to win the NBA title. I know they are good, you know they are good, everyone knows they are good. This whole no one believed in us nonsense bc Stephan A or someone other clown had a hot take after they lost a couple regular season games in a row is ridiculous. The Lakers and Clips were the 2 best teams this year. a couples trolls whose job it is try and make a pointless regular season interesting doubted them on air for min and Lakers fans/LeBron fans canít stop taking about it

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/n...gets-underway/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Of course LBJ and AD get the credit. They are by far the Lakers best players. What is with the need to be a victim? The Lakers and Clippers were pre season favorites to win the NBA title. I know they are good, you know they are good, everyone knows they are good. This whole no one believed in us nonsense bc Stephan A or someone other clown had a hot take after they lost a couple regular season games in a row is ridiculous. The Lakers and Clips were the 2 best teams this year. a couples trolls whose job it is try and make a pointless regular season interesting doubted them on air for min and Lakers fans/LeBron fans canít stop taking about it

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/n...gets-underway/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I guess my point is this is different than Shaq/kobe and the others because those teams had elite, well constructed rosters around the stars.

The Lakers may have that going forward if they tweak properly but the simply did not this year. Its not just unimpressive, its a poor supporting cast, easily bottom 10 imo.

I'm over the "people doubted the lakers stuff" by now. Not interested in debating that.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    This trade would only increase the Clippers' depth. LeVert alone could end up being as or more useful than George was the playoffs this year. Dinwiddie's great for team defense, generally underrated and on a cheap-*** deal. I really like 6'5" point guards who can average 20 and 8 over a season and be pluses on defense.
    As for Jordan, he'd be useful to the Clippers. You need guys who won't get pushed around by Davis, Jokic and LeBron. Jordan only costs $3 million more a season than Zubac and can still catch lobs and play great interior defense.
    Thats the deal breaker, its why the Clippers didn't retain him when they had a superior version of him, why Dallas let him go after 1 year and why it was befuddling that he stole so much minutes from Jarret Allen. To their credit, I dont think DJ cared too much about starting but I'd rather have Zubac for the next few years than DJ, **** even if it were for 1 year, as for the money, IDK, I think we gotta resign Zubac after a strong showing for us in the bubble, the analytical staff has been trying to get the coaching staff to play him more, for good reason too. Lue will play ball with the stats staff, its why hes already talking about staggering the minutes of the 2 stars more often ala Pippen/MJ.

As for Dinwiddie, I like him too but Brooklyn under Atkinson(whos coincidentally enough, rumored to be the Clips main assistant coach target) had developed a system where any halfway decent ball dominant primary option could succeed, Spencer didn't look too good when Kyrie was around and basically had his all star season due to the Kyrie injury. I swear this happened with Caris too, people were talking about him as an All-Star then he got hurt and I think thats when Dinwiddie really caught on. Hell even Jeremy Lin had his bounce back and final decent season of his career in that system.

I like the package but DJ is the deal breaker IMO. Caris has never had an efficient season in this day and age, Dinwiddie hasn't been a great shooter from 3 and only boast a moderate ast% for his usage imo, though I haven't really looked at our options.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast