Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    I guess my point is this is different than Shaq/kobe and the others because those teams had elite, well constructed rosters around the stars.

The Lakers may have that going forward if they tweak properly but the simply did not this year. Its not just unimpressive, its a poor supporting cast, easily bottom 10 imo.

I'm over the "people doubted the lakers stuff" by now. Not interested in debating that.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    People were doubting the Lakers, hes ignoring what the media/betting odds were saying before and during the bubble. But in retrospect, we're still writing the story on them, we'll see how the NBA looks when/if it ever returns to normalcy. I would say this, if this is the new NBA, old man Bron and AD were better than Shaqobe ever were, those guys just had a superior supporting cast overall. Thats a hard pill to swallow. IDK tho, could be true.

Clippers blowing it up

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    People were doubting the Lakers, hes ignoring what the media/betting odds were saying before and during the bubble. But in retrospect, we're still writing the story on them, we'll see how the NBA looks when/if it ever returns to normalcy. I would say this, if this is the new NBA, old man Bron and AD were better than Shaqobe ever were, those guys just had a superior supporting cast overall. Thats a hard pill to swallow. IDK tho, could be true.
    Iím pretty sure them and the Clips were favorites through out. Maybe the Bucks pulled up even with them but anyone with a brain knew they were a regular season team. The Lakers and Clippers were the smart pick to win it all from anyone who knew anything from start to finish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 10-24-2020 at 07:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Iím pretty sure them and the Clips were favorites through out. Maybe the Bucks pulled up even with them but anyone with a brain knew they were a regular season team. The Lakers and Clippers were the smart pick to win it all from anyone who knew anything from start to finish

Clippers and Lakers were both the odds on favorites with two elite stars and top flight role players. Clips had Kawhi & PG + Beverly, Williams, Harrell, Morris; Lakers had LeBron & AD + Howard, McGee, Rondo, Morris, Bradley, Green. This silliness that the Lakers weren't favorites has to stop, once they got Davis everyone knew they jumped to the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    My ideal trade

Brooklyn Nets receive: Paul George
    Los Angeles Clippers receive: Spencer Dinwiddie, Jarrett Allen, Caris Levert, and 2 Brooklyn first round picks (lottery protected)
    That's an insanely bad trade for the Nets. I believe that Levert, Dinwiddie, and Allen are premier enough role players that they could each by themselves fetch a first-round pick. So basically you're trading 5 first round picks for an overpaid Paul George on a potential 1yr deal.

No way the owners sign off on that hosing after Billy King.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    That's an insanely bad trade for the Nets. I believe that Levert, Dinwiddie, and Allen are premier enough role players that they could each by themselves fetch a first-round pick. So basically you're trading 5 first round picks for an overpaid Paul George on a potential 1yr deal.

No way the owners sign off on that hosing after Billy King.
    Okay but you have to make some draft capital back if you're the Clippers which is why I suggested they get 2 first rounders from the Nets plus Levert who is a superstar in the making so is Dinwiddie and Allen could be a premier big at the 5 if he works more on his offense...plus they are younger than Paul George as well which works to the Clippers advantage if you pair those guys with Kawhi instead of PG13 who is getting older

Maybe Doc and Lue can work out a trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Okay but you have to make some draft capital back if you're the Clippers which is why I suggested they get 2 first rounders from the Nets plus Levert who is a superstar in the making so is Dinwiddie and Allen could be a premier big at the 5 if he works more on his offense...plus they are younger than Paul George as well which works to the Clippers advantage if you pair those guys with Kawhi instead of PG13 who is getting older
    Hes saying the Nets would never do it, take the first rounders off and even then its questionable for them but I would see the appeal for both teams.Tho tbh, I wouldn't make the trade if Im the Clippers. I just accept the decision and hope PG13 can bounce back next year.

I don't think the Clippers blow it up, I don't think they can. Paul George's trade value is super low right now and after all they've given up for him it would be insane to just sell low on him now after one year. Philadelphia isn't going to trade Embiid/Simmons for Paul George, Doc took that job to try to win with them. Kawhi is going nowhere either, because he is their star. That means they are basically stuck with the Kawhi/PG duo for next year. They may swap out some of their role players that fit better around Kawhi and Paul George and we could see them look quite a bit different in that regard, but Kawhi and Paul George will be featured on the Clippers next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    Maybe Doc and Lue can work out a trade.
    Not for Simmons/Embiid.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    Man, it's truly amazing the up and down road that rag tag group of journeymen put together to win a ring. How you were able to navigate the playoffs with ONLY the greatest player in the history of basketball and another top 5 player/arguably best big man in the game, unreal...truly remarkable. It's impressive that a franchise so talent depraved was finally able to catch lightning in a bottle with this group of misfits. Congratulations, it's been a long time coming for the cards to finally fall y'all's way.
    To be fair, Bron fans were the only ones who thought Lakers were going to definitely win it all. We were the only ones that expected playoff Bron to still be better than everyone else at his current age. I canít tell you how many Lake fans all year long told me that Bron was a liability on defense and that both Giannis and Kawhi were better players. He eventually won them over with his superior play throughout the playoffs and finals, but there were many many doubters everywhere. 95% of the nba was calling Kawhi the best player in basketball up until they got eliminated by Denver. Now that everyone sees Bron is still that force he as always been, now it feels like they were obviously going to win with he and AD, but pretty much only true Bron fans that understand he coasts and can identify the glimpses throughout the season that he still had GOAT mode in him expected a championship. Nobody expected the Lakers to win it until it was apparent Lebron was on another level still once the playoffs hit. And that really didnít happen until the Clippers were eliminated.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    To be fair, Bron fans were the only ones who thought Lakers were going to definitely win it all. We were the only ones that expected playoff Bron to still be better than everyone else at his current age. I canít tell you how many Lake fans all year long told me that Bron was a liability on defense and that both Giannis and Kawhi were better players. He eventually won them over with his superior play throughout the playoffs and finals, but there were many many doubters everywhere. 95% of the nba was calling Kawhi the best player in basketball up until they got eliminated by Denver. Now that everyone sees Bron is still that force he as always been, now it feels like they were obviously going to win with he and AD, but pretty much only true Bron fans that understand he coasts and can identify the glimpses throughout the season that he still had GOAT mode in him expected a championship. Nobody expected the Lakers to win it until it was apparent Lebron was on another level still once the playoffs hit. And that really didnít happen until the Clippers were eliminated.
    this... i had to bring clarity in the lakers thread right before they played portland and everyone was freaking out lol. Playoff bron is a different beast then maybe anyone ever and yet some still say he isnt clutch lol

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    this... i had to bring clarity in the lakers thread right before they played portland and everyone was freaking out lol. Playoff bron is a different beast then maybe anyone ever and yet some still say he isnt clutch lol
    I didnít even watch the Blazers series. If they had a chance of knocking LeBron out in the first round you know I would have been locked in. Come on man!

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Trade Kawhi to the Spurs for DeRozan.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Trade Kawhi to the Spurs for DeRozan.
    All jokes aside, Demar will probably opt ouy and become a free agent. For some reason I see him going to Dallas

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Of course LBJ and AD get the credit. They are by far the Lakers best players. What is with the need to be a victim? The Lakers and Clippers were pre season favorites to win the NBA title. I know they are good, you know they are good, everyone knows they are good. This whole no one believed in us nonsense bc Stephan A or someone other clown had a hot take after they lost a couple regular season games in a row is ridiculous. The Lakers and Clips were the 2 best teams this year. a couples trolls whose job it is try and make a pointless regular season interesting doubted them on air for min and Lakers fans/LeBron fans canít stop taking about it

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/n...gets-underway/

The bucks and clippers were ahead of the Lakers in pre season experts predictions to win it all.

#17 for #24 & G1

Job's done

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast