Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 698
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    1
    Bears Win in 2021

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    28,639
    Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    He may be worth the money on the open market but for this Bears team, Iím less than convinced. The bears have some cap issues. Their biggest problem on offense is a bunk OL. LT without question needs to be replaced. Massie probably should be replaced but is adequate enough. Same goes for Whitehair. The depth on the OL is also terrible. You have to spend some money there. Hoping to fix all those issues in the draft is a bad idea.

    The bears (and the unexpected cap decrease) have kind of made it very difficult to sign Robinson to a fair market value deal. The DT and Cohen signings are especially looking even more idiotic than they were in a vacuum. Pace shot himself in the foot here. I think the question of the off season is, do they make the priority revamping the OL or do they prioritize bringing Robinson back? They lack speed other than Mooney. Itís a deep WR class. Right now, Iím leaning towards OL. Again, this falls on Pace for giving out stupid contracts and failing to build a good OL. Leno, Massie, and even Whitehair havenít really paid dividends.
    We're screwed without A-Rob and we're screwed without addressing our o-line, it's not really a one or the other thing, it's more like a pick your poison thing (not extending/replacing A-Rob and not addressing/fixing the O-line).

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    22,771
    Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    We're screwed without A-Rob and we're screwed without addressing our o-line, it's not really a one or the other thing, it's more like a pick your poison thing (not extending/replacing A-Rob and not addressing/fixing the O-line).
    Yeah, but I think the chances of being less screwed are better with OL upgrades. I like what I've seen from Mooney and he could potentially be a player and has speed. With this defense, a good OL with a good run game would go a loooong way. Draft a WR somewhere and perhaps sign an adequate starter and the loss of A-Rob shouldn't be crippling. One thing for sure though, this OL is a major hindrance and needs to be addressed. Pace built the defense from the inside out, and I think the offense needs to be built the same way, in the trenches. The Bears are struggling on offense even with Robinson. Fix the offensive line and at least have the luxury of a running game, and all of a sudden the Bears offense has an identity and could at least do SOMETHING well. Right now, they can't do anything and do not have an identity. I'm not giving anyone 18+ mil a year that doesn't really move the needle because a lackluster OL.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    28,639
    Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Yeah, but I think the chances of being less screwed are better with OL upgrades. I like what I've seen from Mooney and he could potentially be a player and has speed. With this defense, a good OL with a good run game would go a loooong way. Draft a WR somewhere and perhaps sign an adequate starter and the loss of A-Rob shouldn't be crippling. One thing for sure though, this OL is a major hindrance and needs to be addressed. Pace built the defense from the inside out, and I think the offense needs to be built the same way, in the trenches. The Bears are struggling on offense even with Robinson. Fix the offensive line and at least have the luxury of a running game, and all of a sudden the Bears offense has an identity and could at least do SOMETHING well. Right now, they can't do anything and do not have an identity. I'm not giving anyone 18+ mil a year that doesn't really move the needle because a lackluster OL.
    This offense needs playmakers everywhere. I don't know who will be available this off-season, and like anything else, this stuff depends on what can be had for what resources. I like Mooney, he's shown promise, but man, we're talking about a 5th round rookie averaging 33 yards per game through 6 games of his career like we already know what we have in him.

    I think to say A-Rob doesn't move the needle is false. He's been our only dependable playmaker for the 3 years he's been here despite the awful QB and subpar O-line, and I shudder to think what our offense would look like without him. He's not Deandre Hopkins, but I think he's worth the 18 mil per year because that's what the market says he's worth.

    Extend him, and use the first 3 draft picks on the O-line, I don't care. But A-Rob will almost certainly be an economical investment.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    22,771
    Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    This offense needs playmakers everywhere. I don't know who will be available this off-season, and like anything else, this stuff depends on what can be had for what resources. I like Mooney, he's shown promise, but man, we're talking about a 5th round rookie averaging 33 yards per game through 6 games of his career like we already know what we have in him.

    I think to say A-Rob doesn't move the needle is false. He's been our only dependable playmaker for the 3 years he's been here despite the awful QB and subpar O-line, and I shudder to think what our offense would look like without him. He's not Deandre Hopkins, but I think he's worth the 18 mil per year because that's what the market says he's worth.

    Extend him, and use the first 3 draft picks on the O-line, I don't care. But A-Rob will almost certainly be an economical investment.
    I get your point of view and honestly Iíll probably flip flop all year about this. But I donít exactly trust Pace drafting offensive players. Using the first 3 picks on OL scares me. I think they need to sign a proven guy. They donít have an above average player on the OL and drafting 3 OL not only seems unrealistic, but doesnít guRantee pace fixes the problem. Whitehair is just a guy. Daniels showed promise but the jury is still out. Heís never drafted an OT so who knows what to expect there.

    The offense does need play makers but it also needs OL help lol. They need help everywhere. If I have to choose though, Iím building through the trenches and at least establishing a run game. Bears get an identity and could go back to a defensive and running team. Not Nagys preference, but it is what it is. This defense only has about 1-2 more years at best, being the oldest unit in the league. Have to establish the OL and maximize your shot of having at least a middle of the pack offense.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    565
    it is unfathomable to me that anyone could look at the awful qb situation and the dearth of playmakers on this offense and think "yeah allen robinson is expendable." we would be soooo bad without the one worthwhile skill position player on the team

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    22,771
    Quote Originally Posted by nomorezorro View Post
    it is unfathomable to me that anyone could look at the awful qb situation and the dearth of playmakers on this offense and think "yeah allen robinson is expendable." we would be soooo bad without the one worthwhile skill position player on the team
    Itís hardly unfathomable. The offense sucks with Allen Robinson. So saying we would be sooo bad, isnít exactly scary when weíre ranked like 27th right now.

    The offense sucks largely because of the OL and a non existent run game. How do you propose to fix that and extend Robinson?

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    22,771

    Week 7: Chicago Bears (5-1) at LA...er STL...uhh LA Rams (4-2), 10/26 @ 7:15 (ESPN)

    And to be clear, I donít blame the offensive woes on Robinson. Ideally, I would like to keep him. The issue is we have a larger issue concerning the OL, which is arguably the most important component on offense, and not much cap room to extend
    Robinson and revamp the OL.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    28,639
    Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    And to be clear, I donít blame the offensive woes on Robinson. Ideally, I would like to keep him. The issue is we have a larger issue concerning the OL, which is arguably the most important component on offense, and not much cap room to extend
    Robinson and revamp the OL.
    WR room isn't just as big of a problem as O-line strictly and only because of Allen Robinson. Again, we really need to have both.

    The Bears are gonna be screwed either way if they don't have the resources to extend or replace A-Rob and fix the O-line. I'm not too sure how everything will play out with the cap, the NFL did announced cuts of up to 25 million are possible, but that doesn't mean it will happen.

    In any sense, if the Bears can only afford to either re-sign Robinson or fix the O-line next year, I'll feel pretty defeated about our odds going forward.
    Last edited by La_bibbers; 10-24-2020 at 04:00 PM.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    22,771
    Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    WR room isn't just as big of a problem as O-line strictly and only because of Allen Robinson.
    True to a point, but again I contend that the OL is a more important group than the WR group. With a good OL, you can actually run the ball and then pick out matchups in the passing game, utilize play action, take more deep shots etc. But being able to at least do SOMETHING well, would be a huge improvement than weíve had the last 3 seasons. Pound the rock, play good defense, utilize play action. See the Titans.

    Again, I would like to keep Allen Robinson. I would just like to improve the OL a bit more.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    22,771
    Hereís the crazy thing....

    When Fox was here the Bears had a good OL and running game.

    They had a rookie Mitch Trubisky and literally the worst WR corps Iíve ever seen in my life. You could add in TE as well.

    But the offensive numbers the past two years compare to that Fox team. Thatís pathetic. And the Bears actually have a better defense now, which obviously helps out the offense.

    Bears have to get the OL sorted above all else.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lynwood , IL
    Posts
    51,689

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    7,551
    Bears have never drafted an above average offensive player in the Ryan Pace era. The best are Cody and Miller and they are the definition of replacement level or JAGS. Howard was just benched for a 7th round 2019 draft pick, Shaheen is not good, White was never good, Mitch is terrible, Miller is below average and Whitehair has been terrible this year. Daniels is looking promising but he was not great this year either. Mooney and Kmet might be good weíll see..but on the offensive side of the Ball, Pace has really been bad.

    Theyíve mostly acquired offensive talent through free agency or trade. Hard to have sustained success that way. You need at least some guys on rookie contracts that can perform or show promise.

    I donít just not trust them to draft the next QB, I donít trust them to draft any offensive player quite frankly

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    28,639
    Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    True to a point, but again I contend that the OL is a more important group than the WR group. With a good OL, you can actually run the ball and then pick out matchups in the passing game, utilize play action, take more deep shots etc. But being able to at least do SOMETHING well, would be a huge improvement than weíve had the last 3 seasons. Pound the rock, play good defense, utilize play action. See the Titans.

    Again, I would like to keep Allen Robinson. I would just like to improve the OL a bit more.
    I mean, like I said, it really depends on what's out there. A-Rob's not an empty check guy, but at market value, he's just as important to re-sign as addressing the O-line. It's really all about value. Overall, it won't instill a lot of confidence to neglect either.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lynwood , IL
    Posts
    51,689

Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •