Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 39 of 47 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBear View Post
    Can Nagy finally kill any plays with Patterson at RB. Please. They. Don't. Work.
    Itís funny you say this cuz as soon as Paterson let a kickoff go out of the Endzone, I said ďwatch Nagy think heís creative and give the ball to Patterson on the 1st play.Ē Sure TF enough, toss right to Patterson on 1st down lol. If I can guess Nagys exact play call from my couch, with zero coaching experience, I can only imagine how easy it is on the opposing coaches! Dude is the least creative offensive minded coach ever!

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Itís funny you say this cuz as soon as Paterson let a kickoff go out of the Endzone, I said ďwatch Nagy think heís creative and give the ball to Patterson on the 1st play.Ē Sure TF enough, toss right to Patterson on 1st down lol. If I can guess Nagys exact play call from my couch, with zero coaching experience, I can only imagine how easy it is on the opposing coaches! Dude is the least creative offensive minded coach ever!
    Can add Harris getting targeted while Kmet and Graham are on the sidelines as another head scratcher.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Just stop. He was brought in to develop Mitch Trubisky and the offense. Huge fail. Heís a terrible player caller. Heís terrible with clock management and strategy. The team is completely undisciplined. Other than an awesome defense that he largely has nothing to do with, how the **** is he anything other than a bad coach?

Apparently heís a terrible teacher too because in 3 years, players still arenít picking up the details of his moronic system. He does nothing well
    I disagree, culture is a huge part of being a head coach. A lot of head coaches don't call plays. Offensive and defensive. A lot of great ones too.

His record speaks for itself so far, imo.

So do his playcalling shortcomings

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Fire Nagy. Fire Pace. Trade Mack to get a high 1st to draft either Lawrence or Fields. None of this will happen, but I can dream.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    I disagree, culture is a huge part of being a head coach. A lot of head coaches don't call plays. Offensive and defensive. A lot of great ones too.

His record speaks for itself so far, imo.

So do his playcalling shortcomings

This is what I want from my HC

1. Leadership
    2. Team discipline
    3. Excellent game management
    4. Adaptability
    5. Putting your players in the best position to succeed / player development

Nagy checks 1 of those boxes. Box 1...but even thatís shaky because to truly be a great leader you need to hold players and yourself accountable. Other than benching Trubisky, I havenít seen much accountability, especially from himself. People need to stop pointing to his record. For those that do, why donít you do the same thing for Trubisky?

Quote Originally Posted by WorldChamps1908 View Post
    Fire Nagy. Fire Pace. Trade Mack to get a high 1st to draft either Lawrence or Fields. None of this will happen, but I can dream.
    I so badly wish we could end up with fields. Would be my absolute dream scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    This is what I want from my HC

1. Leadership
    2. Team discipline
    3. Excellent game management
    4. Adaptability
    5. Putting your players in the best position to succeed / player development

Nagy checks 1 of those boxes. Box 1...but even thatís shaky because to truly be a great leader you need to hold players and yourself accountable. Other than benching Trubisky, I havenít seen much accountability, especially from himself. People need to stop pointing to his record. For those that do, why donít you do the same thing for Trubisky?
    I think this is a fair way to look at it. Unfortunately, I don't think this FO will move on from him barring a major collapse this year. He'll probably get to pick his next QB.

The only thing going for Nagy is his scheme does get WRs open. We saw that last night and unfortunately Foles couldn't take advantage (mainly because the line didn't give him time).

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaBear View Post
    I so badly wish we could end up with fields. Would be my absolute dream scenario.
    This is the year to do it. So many terrible teams have gotten their guy in last two years. Iíd happily trade Mack to get into the top 10 and grab Fields.

I wonder if a team like the Dolphins would consider acquiring Mack for the Texansí first round pick. It wonít be #1 overall but it should be top 5. Bears get their guy in Fields, and Dolphins become one of the best teams in the league overnight.

The dolphins turn Tunsil into Khalil Mack and another first round pick. They also get to keep their own first in this draft. Bears get their guy. Who loses this trade?
    Last edited by PeanutPunch33; 10-27-2020 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutPunch33 View Post
    This is the year to do it. So many terrible teams have gotten their guy in last two years. Iíd happily trade Mack to get into the top 10 and grab Fields.

I wonder if a team like the Dolphins would consider acquiring Mack for the Texansí first round pick. It wonít be #1 overall but it should be top 5. Bears get their guy in Fields, and Dolphins become one of the best teams in the league overnight
    Won't matter unless we fix the o-line. I would rather invest heavily in the O-line next year and go with Foles again at QB then put a rookie behind this trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Salvaged Ship View Post
    Pace extended Leno, Massie, and Whitehair to long deals. He signed Ifedi. He drafted no one this past offseason. He personally put this garbage together. Add to that the Trubisky blunder and many others and its pretty clear Pace is incompetent.
    ...ok? None of what I posted was a defense of Pace.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldChamps1908 View Post
    Bears are not trading Mack when they are at 5-2 (admittedly that is a "soft" 5-2). If the Bears were 2-5 or 1-6, then I could see it but not at 5-2.

I just simply love that the Bears have a HC and GM who are asleep at the wheel.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBear View Post
    Won't matter unless we fix the o-line. I would rather invest heavily in the O-line next year and go with Foles again at QB then put a rookie behind this trash.
    They have to get their guy though even if the o line is bad. The jets have an even worse o line but that wonít stop them getting Lawrence.

We donít have a good GM but a good GM can build both in tandem.

Personally, I would grab a stellar safety on day 2 and take my chances building around the secondary and trade 52. Thatís the only ticket this organization has left to cash in on a QB of the future. The dolphins are perfect trading partners.

The team is 5-2 today, but before you blink theyíll be 5-4 after the next two matchups. I hope at 5-4 these convos become a little more realistic... only those in Halas hall have deluded themselves into thinking this is a real contender

Yes, if they fall to 5-4 the collapse is certainly happening

But, if they win both games, it wont.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Last nights game is the exact reason the Bears were not getting respect all year. Theyíre a train wreck offensively and their play caller is incompetent

Page 39 of 47 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast