Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37454647
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach100 View Post
    Iím not advanced stat guru, but my guess is the desired grades are ďblowing scoresĒ, not ďgolf scoresĒ.

What a joke. I donít know how people think Monty and Foles can be accurately evaluated with that POS line in front of them. Probably makes it hard to accurately judge Nagy, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Itís fairly easy to judge Nagy even with the OL. He has to game plan according to his personnel. Thereís so many things you can point to where he shots himself in the foot. It seems like Foles is even subtly calling him out on it.

Also, this is the same OL Trubisky has to work with and the same HC who appears to be in over his head. Itís likely that Mitch would have been subpar no matter what, but being developed by Matt Nagy seems like a terrible position to find yourself in

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Everyone knows he's skilled. But that doesn't change that he has no burst, dude is just slow.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Still a good back if we could block worth a damn

Darnell Mooney is a special one man. I hope he can have a quality QB during his time here. He just does everything so well.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Itís fairly easy to judge Nagy even with the OL. He has to game plan according to his personnel. Thereís so many things you can point to where he shots himself in the foot. It seems like Foles is even subtly calling him out on it.

Also, this is the same OL Trubisky has to work with and the same HC who appears to be in over his head. Itís likely that Mitch would have been subpar no matter what, but being developed by Matt Nagy seems like a terrible position to find yourself in
    I mean, I have soured on Nagy as a play-caller. In fact, I have never liked HCs that call plays. But I think it is a little short-sighted to say Nagy hasnít been hampered by an OL that canít perform.

As an example, maybe Nagyís offense needs to be able to run the ball effectively to then be able to drive the ball downfield between the numbers. But with a bad OL, neither of those can happen. So then Nagy tries to ďrun the ballĒ with a short passing game to draw defenses up, then try to take the top off. Maybe that isnít his choice, but the lack of ability on the OL forces a changed game plan.

I could be totally wrong about that, but it is pretty hard to say Nagy hasnít been hampered by Mitch and/or the OL. And there is really no way to quantify it in either direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach100 View Post
    I mean, I have soured on Nagy as a play-caller. In fact, I have never liked HCs that call plays. But I think it is a little short-sighted to say Nagy hasnít been hampered by an OL that canít perform.

As an example, maybe Nagyís offense needs to be able to run the ball effectively to then be able to drive the ball downfield between the numbers. But with a bad OL, neither of those can happen. So then Nagy tries to ďrun the ballĒ with a short passing game to draw defenses up, then try to take the top off. Maybe that isnít his choice, but the lack of ability on the OL forces a changed game plan.

I could be totally wrong about that, but it is pretty hard to say Nagy hasnít been hampered by Mitch and/or the OL. And there is really no way to quantify it in either direction.

I never said he wasn't hampered by the OL. The OL is bad. That's going to be a problem....but he does so many other things that are just downright dumb. The team is playing as soft as charmin too. Go back and watch the tape. The OL is the least physical group I've ever seen and they are routinely confused. Players are not hustling and playing through the whistle on both sides of the ball. The Bears could have been FIRST IN THE NFC if they won Monday and they couldn't even mustard a competitive EFFORT. That's coaching and a lack of discipline, details, and accountability. Last I checked, that's on the HC. The game management is bad, the play calls are bad, the game plan is bad. You can't just point to the OL and say that's the reason the offense sucks. It's one of the reasons, but it's not the only reason and I've said it a million times, a good OC or HC could do more with this group than Nagy. Not saying they would be a good offense as currently constructed, but better than 27th overall. And at the very least, at least ****ing play hard. The whole team was loafin it and I just can't wrap my head around it. Nagy would rather be a player's coach then lay into guys and hold players accountable because he can't even hold himself accountable. How is Coward still starting? I don't care if Spriggs sucks and is worse than Leno....make the change if you're preaching accountability. Maybe that'll wake Leno up. Why the **** is Harris getting so much shine over Kmet? Why so much Patterson? Why do you take your starting RB out of the game on the 2nd play of the opening drive nearly every game and replace him with a WR/RB? Why do you not call a TO at the end of the 2nd quarter and give your punt returner a chance? It's crazy.
    Last edited by KG2TB; 10-29-2020 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    I never said he wasn't hampered by the OL. The OL is bad. That's going to be a problem....but he does so many other things that are just downright dumb. The team is playing as soft as charmin too. Go back and watch the tape. The OL is the least physical group I've ever seen and they are routinely confused. Players are not hustling and playing through the whistle on both sides of the ball. The Bears could have been FIRST IN THE NFC if they won Monday and they couldn't even mustard a competitive EFFORT. That's coaching and a lack of discipline, details, and accountability. Last I checked, that's on the HC. The game management is bad, the play calls are bad, the game plan is bad. You can't just point to the OL and say that's the reason the offense sucks. It's one of the reasons, but it's not the only reason and I've said it a million times, a good OC or HC could do more with this group than Nagy. Not saying they would be a good offense as currently constructed, but better than 27th overall. And at the very least, at least ****ing play hard. The whole team was loafin it and I just can't wrap my head around it. Nagy would rather be a player's coach then lay into guys and hold players accountable because he can't even hold himself accountable. How is Coward still starting? I don't care if Spriggs sucks and is worse than Leno....make the change if you're preaching accountability. Maybe that'll wake Leno up. Why the **** is Harris getting so much shine over Kmet? Why so much Patterson? Why do you take your starting RB out of the game on the 2nd play of the opening drive nearly every game and replace him with a WR/RB? Why do you not call a TO at the end of the 2nd quarter and give your punt returner a chance? It's crazy.
    Pretty much agree with this. After that abysmal performance, I'm done with Nagy. It's a joke that a supposed offensive guru's offense is on par with what we had under Fox.

New thread for your consideration:

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...8#post33676218

Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37454647