Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Debate 2

I realize there's no denying a large portion of Trump supporters of ALL ages are anti-mask etc.......but there's a large percentage of young people in general that are anti-mask, the percentages of Republicans goes noticeably down when you're talking about Gen X and millenials. I see it locally...we're a very Republican state but the college most certainly is not...and it's rare to see them wear a mask. I actually ran into one this weekend who even now, 8 months into this thing, said he doesn't OWN one.

What we can't seem to get through people's heads is.......wearing a mask is more for OTHER people than it is for you, so NOT wearing one...is simply selfish and disrespectful. I mean, it's a mask, it's not a ball and chain.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I realize there's no denying a large portion of Trump supporters of ALL ages are anti-mask etc.......but there's a large percentage of young people in general that are anti-mask, the percentages of Republicans goes noticeably down when you're talking about Gen X and millenials. I see it locally...we're a very Republican state but the college most certainly is not...and it's rare to see them wear a mask. I actually ran into one this weekend who even now, 8 months into this thing, said he doesn't OWN one.

What we can't seem to get through people's heads is.......wearing a mask is more for OTHER people than it is for you, so NOT wearing one...is simply selfish and disrespectful. I mean, it's a mask, it's not a ball and chain.
    What if you already had the virus? Why wear a mask then when you canít get it a second time and most likely donít have it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    You really think Biden is going to change this? Iím sorry but a lot of people complied to the orders in March/April when the outbreak was happening. People didnít like it but even GOP governors were locking things down. Then we saw people rioting and protesting and the media praising their efforts while continuing bashing people for even wanting to gather to church. You canít go out by yourself on the lake, you canít go to a funeral with your family but itís ok gathering and blocking traffic. Itís ok to riot and steal but how dare you have a funeral for your sibling!

Then we learned that the death rate was significantly less than what they projected. We went from 3-4% death rate to less than .2. Then we saw the economic toll that happened from locking down and democratic governors continuing to shut things down even though the numbers were nearly back to normal.

You think having Biden in office is going to change the mindset? Itís not going to change mine. If he does a National mask mandate then he can throw me in jail for it. I know my county sheriff wonít do AJ thing because he even said a mask mandate is stupid and they wonít be enforcing it

You hate them Democrats. This guy will go to jail before doing listening to a Democrat. Itís crazy man

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    You hate them Democrats. This guy will go to jail before doing listening to a Democrat. Itís crazy man

I mean I didnít listen to Trump or anything for not wearing a mask? We have to at my job but if Iím at a gas station or grocery store I donít wear one

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    No. He was in ICU, period.

Get this other pollution out of your head. Damn near half of america is over 50 and with issues.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Wait. Are you saying that there are nearly 165,000,000 unhealthy 50+ year olds in America?

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    In Denver at one point they handed out fines and mask compliance went from under 50 to over 90 percent.

So much for your horse poop theory..

Btw, given that you're a healthcare worker, you should be embarrassed of your own take and stance on this corona.

You have a very delusional perspective if you believe that Americans are going to do what medical experts tell them. People have heart attacks and never change their lifestyle. They have lungs removed and never quit smoking. Every single person that ever worked in healthcare has stories about patients who are just flat out dumb. We are an embarrassingly unhealthy country. If kicking covid were as simple as you believe it be, weíd have done the same to heart disease a long time ago. But you canít make people follow instructions, even if the consequences of not doing so are deadly. There are 13 people that work in my department. Two of us are still wearing n95s. The rest stopped months ago. And we work in a county thatís had some of the highest case numbers in the state.
    Last edited by Jack the Ripper; 10-25-2020 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Pelosi encouraged people to go to China town. lol
    Exactly. Itís funny seeing the Dems in here saying we could have controlled it in January/February when the same Dems who were in charge all came out and said everything was fine during those times. But again itís easier to bash the person in charge

You also donít understand that in January and February we had Cuomo saying that itís no big deal. Mayor of NYC saying itís ok to go to school and everything. Mayor of New Orleans still allowing Mardi Gras. Fauci saying that masks arenít necessary in March.

Of course looking back thereís stuff that could have been done but youíre foolish if you legit thank that you could control the virus back then with all those things happening and Democrats calling Trump racist for banning travel from other countries (China etc)

Hindsight is always 20/20 and I would argue the virus was in here way before February when the first case happened. But again you can always look back and trash the past of course unless youíre Cuomo who the democrats will praise and defend like he did nothing wrong in all of this

I do understand Cuomo did that, this is exactly what I'm telling you, our govt is incompetent. On the top of that pyramid and actively battling common sense and accepted science is the king idiot Donald Trump. But this entire govt has failed us.

No, in January when the cases were in single digits, we should have started screening travelers. I posted this back in February. It's not hindsight 20/20, its science I learned in the American academic system in 2010. That's the power of science, it allows you to predict things, every **** up this dumb *** govt made was EASILY PREDICTABLE.

In February I honestly thought New York and the west coast were going to be super limited travel in and out. Just business travel, no personal. If you asked me in February, I would have said this is what I predict the US govt will do. It's not hindsight 20/20, its science from 2010. Science which has been accepted as verified fact for over a century.

Trumps travel ban had nothing to do with protecting citizens from the virus. And I know you know that, anyone that repeats this as if Trump tried battling the virus but wasn't allowed to is just a straight up idiot. Dont support him because hes Republican, hold the ****in idiot responsible because you pay him taxes.

RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

What if you already had the virus? Why wear a mask then when you canít get it a second time and most likely donít have it?

Because the mask prevents you from spreading the virus to other people...have you literally done NO research into this?
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

I must have missed the announcement that they'd verified a person can't get...or pass..the virus around once they've had it.

Plus, that's what, 8% of the population?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Because the mask prevents you from spreading the virus to other people...have you literally done NO research into this?
    You obviously are clueless and didnít read the post. How can you spread the virus when you already had it and thereís been like one case of getting it twice so far?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Pelosi encouraged people to go to China town. lol
    Um, if she encouraged people to go to China then ok. But Chinatown? What you gonna stay outta China town?? lmao. Ni**a that **** down the street, wtf?!

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post

It is reassuring to see some on the other side of the political spectrum adopt common sense.

The reason that people don't focus on the mask being a primary benefit to those around you is because of how selfish most people are. They couldn't give one single **** about not getting someone else sick. They only care if it might help them not get sick. It's about respect for your fellow man, which many people just lack.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Wait. Are you saying that there are nearly 165,000,000 unhealthy 50+ year olds in America? [emoji23]
    Let's do math!! DERP!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Obviously you haven't either. Masks do not prevent anything. They minimize the potential of spreading the virus.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast