Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: What will the Lions do?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Trade away a defense of player

1 33.33%
  • Acquire a defense of player

2 66.67%
  • Trade away an offensive player

2 66.67%
  • Acquire an offensive player

2 66.67%
  • Nothing

2 66.67%
  • Lions will strike a deal but it will be canceled due to a failed physical

1 33.33%
  • Lions will pick up a draft pick

1 33.33%
  • Lions will trade away a draft pick

2 66.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Will the Lions make a move before the trade deadline?

The NFL's trade deadline is Nov. 3, a little less than two weeks away, and all eyes will be on the Detroit Lions after the team has swung three big deals the past two years at this time, acquiring one high-profile starter, while dealing two away.

Well we make another move this year?
    ^^ ^^

click here to join the Lions Forum
    SE7EN time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12, #14, #24 & #27
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    LFFS is the master at going from goofball to boss

Here are three players that could be traded at the deadline.

(Nov. 3 at 4 p.m. EST is the official trade deadline)

Linebacker Jarrad Davis

Davis has fallen out of favor in the Lions' defensive scheme.

As much as the coaching staff speaks highly of Davis, his usage indicates otherwise.

He has only played a total of 30 defensive snaps the last two games, but has actually played quite well with less on his plate.

Going into the last year of his rookie deal, the former first-round pick has never truly been able to find sustained success in Detroit.

It might be time to get something in return, while the Lions still can.

Potential trade partners: Los Angeles Rams, Pittsburgh Steelers and Cleveland Browns

Potential return: Sixth-seventh-round draft pick

Wide receiver Marvin Jones Jr.

Jones has not helped himself in a contract year.

Having only 14 receptions for 146 yards and one touchdown through five games, the underperforming 30-year-old would essentially be a one-year rental for another team.

Itís unlikely the Lions would trade Jones just to get rid of him at this point, though.

It would likely have to be for an offer they canít refuse.

Rookie Quintez Cephus is not exactly ready to take over a starting role this early in his career. Recall, he was inactive against the Jaguars last week.

There are a few teams who are fighting to stay in the hunt and need receiver help.

Potential trade partners: New England Patriots, Indianapolis Colts and Philadelphia Eagles

Potential return: Fifth-sixth-round draft pick

Quarterback David Blough

Detroit's second-year quarterback was recently signed to the active roster.

It was reported that the Dallas Cowboys were interested in potentially signing Blough off of the practice squad.

With the season-ending injury to Dak Prescott, trade talks with Dallas could heat up if backup Andy Dalton struggles the next few weeks.

Other teams in need of a quarterback could also make Detroit an offer to consider.

Potential trade partners: Dallas Cowboys, Washington Football Team and Jacksonville Jaguars

Potential return: Fourth-sixth-round draft pick
    ^^ ^^

Here are three players that Detroit should target by the trade deadline.

(Nov. 3 at 4 p.m. EST is the official trade deadline)

EDGE Jacob Martin, Houston Texans

Now that Patriots disciple Bill O'Brien is out as the general manager and head coach of the Texans, the Texans may be open for business.

Looking at their defense, there are a few pieces they may be willing to give up.

For the Lions -- with the status of Julian Okwaraís health up in the air at the moment -- Detroit could use another JACK backer who has some pass-rushing chops.

Itís fair to say thatís not Christian Jones or Reggie Raglandís strong suit. Yet, they have been on the edge plenty in Patriciaís scheme.

Martin is a part-time player for the Texans right now, but can play on the edge and off the ball.

He has the size, length and versatility that would fit well in the Lionsí multiple defense.

In terms of rushing the passer, he has the highest Pro Football Focus pass-rush productivity rating on the Texans roster for any lineman with 20 percent of snaps played.

The Lions could use a player of Martinís skill set. Itís just a matter of prying the progressing player away from Houston.

Potential cost: Fourth-fifth-round pick

DT Folorunso Fatukasi, New York Jets

Before the Jets shipped off defensive tackle Steve McLendon, this trade would have made more sense for both sides.

Given how the Jets are one of the worst teams in the league, everything could be for sale.

The Lions rely on stopping the run, and the 6-foot-4, 318-pound Fatukasi can help with that.

Last season, he was the fifth-rated interior defensive lineman in the NFL for PFFís run defense grade.

This year, he currently sits at a respectable No. 22 out of 130 qualified interior linemen -- and while playing on a horrid team.

Fatukasi wins with power, and has experience from the 5-tech to the nose position.

He may still be developing in terms of two-gapping, but the power and length is there for him to continue to get better.

Perhaps the Lions have somewhat fixed their run defense woes after the Jaguars game.

But, Patricia is known for using a heavy rotation along the defensive line.

And he can never have enough run-stopping bigs upfront.

Potential cost: Fifth-sixth-round pick

LB Avery Williamson, N.Y. Jets

The sixth-year linebacker is coming off a solid performance against the Miami Dolphins, in which he wrapped up 11 tackles while playing in 95 percent of the team's defensive snaps.

And the week before that against the Arizona Cardinals, he put together his best game of the season.

In the Jets' Week 5 contest with Kyler Murray and the Cardinals, he logged eight total tackles, an interception that he returned for 21 yards and two passes defensed.

He's only 28 years old, and would be a nice addition for a position group that lacks a ton of consistent production behind veteran linebacker Jamie Collins.

Potential cost: fourth-sixth-round pick
    ^^ ^^

SELLERS
    Matthew Stafford
    Call up Dallas and San Francisco, hang Stafford out there.

Marvin Jones Jr.
    Call up Baltimore, Philadelphia, and Tennessee. I personally feel Jones would be an awesome pick up for both Baltimore and Tennessee.
    Jarrad Davis
    Get him out of here for whomever calls.
    Last edited by tigers.6; 10-22-2020 at 07:40 PM.

BUYERS
    Literally the last thing I think they should do but for the sake of discussion:

JJ Watt
    I'm sure this would take an arm and a leg as he's the heart of Houston, when he's healthy he's better than anything we have.

Stephen Gilmore
    He's a Patriot. 30 years old. They tried to trade him during the offseason. Makes sense?

Ryan Kerrigan
    Rental

Our K should net us a 1st round pick

Knowing this regime and the fact that they need to start winning games I can see them pulling something off. I think it all depends on how these next two weeks go. If we lose against the Falcons and the Colts then I see us as sellers but if by some miracle we end up winning both games then we might become buyers.

2016 PSD LIONS FORUM COMEBACK POSTER OF THE YEAR

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings
    Detroit Lions FIRE EVERYONE!!!
    Detroit Tigers Welcome to Detroit AJ Hinch!
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball
    Florida State Seminoles Welcome to Tallahassee Mike Norvell!

Quote Originally Posted by vader817 View Post
    Knowing this regime and the fact that they need to start winning games I can see them pulling something off. I think it all depends on how these next two weeks go. If we lose against the Falcons and the Colts then I see us as sellers but if by some miracle we end up winning both games then we might become buyers.
    Agreed 100% unless they fire Quinn & Patricia. Then I can see us staying put.
    ^^ ^^

They will probably do nothing. Not exactly a good track record of having any foresight.

When Avila took over a Tigers team on the brink, he had no idea what to do, so he stood pat at the deadline. Did not go for it and they missed the playoffs on the last day of the season. They could have possibly sold a bunch of high priced vets that year too. That was right before they fell off a cliff into the latest Tigers Dark Ages.

Quinn is the same. He only makes the obvious safe moves. And even those he ****s up.

Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    They will probably do nothing. Not exactly a good track record of having any foresight.

When Avila took over a Tigers team on the brink, he had no idea what to do, so he stood pat at the deadline. Did not go for it and they missed the playoffs on the last day of the season. They could have possibly sold a bunch of high priced vets that year too. That was right before they fell off a cliff into the latest Tigers Dark Ages.

Quinn is the same. He only makes the obvious safe moves. And even those he ****s up.
    Not sure if you follow hockey but Yzerman has been getting rave reviews in regards to that rebuild.

Quote Originally Posted by tigers.6 View Post
    Not sure if you follow hockey but Yzerman has been getting rave reviews in regards to that rebuild.
    I'm 1000% pro-rebuild.

If you have ANY assets at all and no chance to win, you should trade those assets for MORE assets next year. Rinse and repeat.

My issue is with teams like the Lions that just wasted away in mediocrity for years and did nothing. I don't think Stafford is great, but it sucks he's had to spend his whole career in Detroit. Maybe he could have went somewhere else and not needed to be the guy. Maybe he's got some rings by now.

And for the Tigers, they didn't buy or sell in Avila's 1st season, which in my opinion, pushed their rebuild back by 2-3 years.

wait, so you really don't follow hockey?

that's an upset

With this weeks win against the falcons i think Quinn makes a move now... maybe both an offensive player and defensive player... GO BIG or GO HOME!!

I see maybe a 3 team deal where we trade away Golladay and a (2nd or 3rd round) draft pick to acquire a young above average WR to replace him AND a player to upgrade our defense.
    Last edited by Lionsfanfromsac; 10-26-2020 at 11:42 AM.
    ^^ ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Lionsfanfromsac View Post
    With this weeks win against the falcons i think Quinn makes a move now... maybe both an offensive player and defensive player... GO BIG or GO HOME!!

I see maybe a 3 team deal where we trade away Golladay and a (2nd or 3rd round) draft pick to acquire a young above average WR to replace him AND a player to upgrade our defense.
    I can see us moving on from Golladay as well, although we may just ride it out and franchise him tag him and trade him next year.

I want to see them bring in a linebacker or Defensive End to help with the pass rush maybe a real interior DT but I don't see any of those moves actually happening.
    2017 DRAFT GAME CHAMPION SUPREME!

Quote Originally Posted by Lionsfanfromsac View Post

That is a very bold statement.

2016 PSD LIONS FORUM COMEBACK POSTER OF THE YEAR

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings
    Detroit Lions FIRE EVERYONE!!!
    Detroit Tigers Welcome to Detroit AJ Hinch!
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball
    Florida State Seminoles Welcome to Tallahassee Mike Norvell!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast