Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Like I said.. it aint happening https://www.sportsnet.ca/nba/article...isville-talks/

ďI was dumbfounded by the report. From everything Iíve been told, the intention of the Raptors and the NBA is for the team to play the season in Toronto. With the improvements in (novel coronavirus) testing, I believe that is their preferred option.Ē

ďI have never had a conversation with the NBA about the Raptors coming here,Ē Bridgeman continued.
    Depending what happens November 3rd, what happens with this flu season, what happens with C-19 vaccines, when the NBA/NBPA decide to start the season. I'd say it's far more likely the Raptors play in the United States than Toronto.

If the Canadian government was going to make an exception to the non-essential travel ban for the NBA they woulda did the same for the MLB and MLS.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Yes lol the original KFC is right in Corbin.
    Lol makes sense then. But now I'm imagining their barn is a giant bucket of KFC.

The Lost Boys of PSD

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    Lol makes sense then. But now I'm imagining their barn is a giant bucket of KFC.
    [emoji23] LOL

Sidebar, the colonel shot a man over some KFC so it may actually be a pretty intimidating arena name.

I'm pretty sure the federal governments of the U.S. and Canada would make an exception for a multibillion-dollar industry with almost unmatched testing capabilities.

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    I'm pretty sure the federal governments of the U.S. and Canada would make an exception for a multibillion-dollar industry with almost unmatched testing capabilities.
    Not about the U.S. at all.

But 100% disagree bc why didn't they let the MLB and MLS do it then? And to a far less extent the NHL?

If they were going to make an exception, it wouldn't be for just 1 sports league [emoji1745]

Canada didnít do it for the Jays or the NHL. This isnít the US, people will be outraged here if thereís a different set of standards or rules for millionaire athletes and billionaire sports leagues.

The Lost Boys of PSD

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    Canada didnít do it for the Jays or the NHL. This isnít the US, people will be outraged here if thereís a different set of standards or rules for millionaire athletes and billionaire sports leagues.
    Not about the U.S. at all.
    But 100% disagree bc why didn't they let the MLB and MLS do it then? And to a far less extent the NHL?
    If they were going to make an exception, it wouldn't be for just 1 sports league [emoji1745]
    Maybe not I guess. My reasoning is that a league as rich as the NBA can afford all the testing and restrictions to make minor international travel safe, and the accountability to cancel any trips if there's a positive case. I know the U.S. government has a lower regard for human life than Canada when it comes to the coronavirus, but the NBA has so far proven itself extremely professional and safe. They also have much smaller teams than baseball.

Maybe not I guess. My reasoning is that a league as rich as the NBA can afford all the testing and restrictions to make minor international travel safe, and the accountability to cancel any trips if there's a positive case. I know the U.S. government has a lower regard for human life than Canada when it comes to the coronavirus, but the NBA has so far proven itself extremely professional and safe. They also have much smaller teams than baseball.
    I'm sure the MLB, MLS and NHL are rich enough to test to the levels the NBA can.

Your point about team size is valid but I think this is 100% about the Canadian government making zero exceptions.

It also seems like it's going the opposite way for them and they're going to get more strict about quarantining after travel and what not.

Depending what happens November 3rd, what happens with this flu season, what happens with C-19 vaccines, when the NBA/NBPA decide to start the season. I'd say it's far more likely the Raptors play in the United States than Toronto.

If the Canadian government was going to make an exception to the non-essential travel ban for the NBA they woulda did the same for the MLB and MLS.
    Maybe Im way outa touch and missinformed but I litterally just bought a ticket to Toronto for 300 bucks. Am I gonna get turnrd away at customs? **** I shoulda looked this up lol ..

Maybe Im way outa touch and missinformed but I litterally just bought a ticket to Toronto for 300 bucks. Am I gonna get turnrd away at customs? **** I shoulda looked this up lol ..
    https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...xemptions.html

Peep that if ya get a minute, looks pretty informative. Depending why you're going, you may be good.

Edit, i didn't read it all just skimmed but you may have a 2 week quarantine ahead of ya.

14 day quarantine for anyone (including Canadians) coming into the country from abroad. We've been punting Americans who aren't following the rules (and fining them).

The Lost Boys of PSD

**** I gotta quarantine for two weeks for real. Thats my whole trip lol... fml

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...xemptions.html

Peep that if ya get a minute, looks pretty informative. Depending why you're going, you may be good.

Edit, i didn't read it all just skimmed but you may have a 2 week quarantine ahead of ya.
    Thanks bro this was very helpfull.

Thanks bro this was very helpfull.
    No problem sir!

But to tie it back to the thread, that's why I think Raps may be playing stateside for the upcoming season.

https://www.kmbc.com/article/civil-r...home/34542198#

Well, Kansas City telling the Raptors not to use that as their temporary home for the upcoming season.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast