Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 48
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    4,515

    The Louisville... Raptors?

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cou...amp/3723075001

    Abstract: The Raptors may have to find a venue to play their home games in the Untied States, since the Canadian border is closed to non-essential due to Covid.

    Seems people have already came out and debunked this but what says you?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    10,432
    I think I speak for Raptors nation when I say that this would be a travesty and we will not accept this.
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    26,503
    if youre gonna have the Raptors play in the states it better be somewhere fun like Vegas... Not friggen Kentucky in the middle of no where.

    Secondly, this aint gonna happen.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    34,786
    Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    I think I speak for Raptors nation when I say that this would be a travesty and we will not accept this.
    If given the choice of no season or having a season you think they will choose no season?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    5,056
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    if youre gonna have the Raptors play in the states it better be somewhere fun like Vegas... Not friggen Kentucky in the middle of no where.

    Secondly, this aint gonna happen.
    This is ridiculous

    Itís COVID times. They canít dictate what and when. Itís a different phase of our very human existence.
    If they donít want to play in Kentucky, then sit home and donít get paid. Simple.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    26,503
    Quote Originally Posted by LaVar Ball View Post
    This is ridiculous

    Itís COVID times. They canít dictate what and when. Itís a different phase of our very human existence.
    If they donít want to play in Kentucky, then sit home and donít get paid. Simple.
    Mostly all players on the Raptors are American, so who are you throwing that shade at exactly ?? LMAO you're telling American players to stay home ? Wtf are you talking about?

    Secondly there are way, way more covid cases in the States than there are in Canada. Also this rumour has already been debunked.

    Calm down Lavar. We all know you're still but hurt that Kawhi and the Clippers choked. Dont take it out on the team that actually won with him.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    6,136
    If the Raptors play in Kentucky, I wouldn't have a problem with it

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    28,059
    Quote Originally Posted by LaVar Ball View Post
    This is ridiculous

    Itís COVID times. They canít dictate what and when. Itís a different phase of our very human existence.
    If they donít want to play in Kentucky, then sit home and donít get paid. Simple.
    Ah, so the people responsible for the league (the players ) shouldn't have a say in where they're forced to play due to covid? Heavily disagree with you here.

    Their opinions should hold more weight then the owners, without a doubt.
    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    34,786
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Ah, so the people responsible for the league (the players ) shouldn't have a say in where they're forced to play due to covid? Heavily disagree with you here.

    Their opinions should hold more weight then the owners, without a doubt.
    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    I assumed he meant the organization when he said "they" not the individual players. And the players have FAR less say in how the league is operated on a day to day or year to year basis than the owners. The players get to have their say every 5 years (other then if they organize a protest).

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    4,515
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    if youre gonna have the Raptors play in the states it better be somewhere fun like Vegas... Not friggen Kentucky in the middle of no where.

    Secondly, this aint gonna happen.
    I doubt the Hornets wanted to play in OKC when hurricane Katrina happened.

    Plus the Blue Jays, Toronto FC and others have come down to the States for their seasons.

    KFC Yum Center from reports seems like a venue that could accommodate the Raps.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    6,136
    Plus I don't even think any Toronto team has played in Toronto since COVID started unless you're the Maple Leafs but even so the Raptors playing in Louisville, Kentucky is not so bad

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    26,503
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    I doubt the Hornets wanted to play in OKC when hurricane Katrina happened.

    Plus the Blue Jays, Toronto FC and others have come down to the States for their seasons.

    KFC Yum Center from reports seems like a venue that could accommodate the Raps.
    Yeah, I was just kidding. Just saying it would be way more fun for the players to be somewhere like Vegas rather than Louisville, Kentucky where its just boring af, if you've ever been there.

    If fans cant go to games, it wont matter where they play anyways.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 10-22-2020 at 03:45 PM.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    West Side
    Posts
    12,835
    With the Canada-U.S. border closed for non-essential travel due to the COVID-19 pandemic ó complicating the leagueís goal of returning teams to their arenas next season for its lone franchise outside America ó the Raptors have reportedly had discussions about the possibility of Louisvilleís KFC Yum! Center serving as a temporary home.

    However, according to Rick Bozich of the local Fox-affiliated TV station, WDRB, those talks ended after Raptors players expressed their reluctance to play in Kentuckyís largest city because of the death of Breonna Taylor, who was shot and killed by Louisville police officers in March, and the social unrest that followed.

    The reported concerns are in line with previous comments from the Raptors, who were outspoken in the NBAís Orlando bubble about Taylorís death and other racial and social justice causes that emerged over the summer.

    And, per Bozich, it is confirmed the Raptors will not be playing their 2021 season in Louisville.
    https://www.sportsnet.ca/nba/article...isville-talks/

    Is that really what Louisville's arena is called?


    The Lost Boys of PSD

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    4,515
    Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    https://www.sportsnet.ca/nba/article...isville-talks/

    Is that really what Louisville's arena is called?
    Yes lol the original KFC is right in Corbin.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    26,503
    Like I said.. it aint happening https://www.sportsnet.ca/nba/article...isville-talks/


    ďI was dumbfounded by the report. From everything Iíve been told, the intention of the Raptors and the NBA is for the team to play the season in Toronto. With the improvements in (novel coronavirus) testing, I believe that is their preferred option.Ē

    ďI have never had a conversation with the NBA about the Raptors coming here,Ē Bridgeman continued.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •