Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

The Louisville... Raptors?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cou...amp/3723075001

Abstract: The Raptors may have to find a venue to play their home games in the Untied States, since the Canadian border is closed to non-essential due to Covid.

Seems people have already came out and debunked this but what says you?

I think I speak for Raptors nation when I say that this would be a travesty and we will not accept this.
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.

if youre gonna have the Raptors play in the states it better be somewhere fun like Vegas... Not friggen Kentucky in the middle of no where.

Secondly, this aint gonna happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    I think I speak for Raptors nation when I say that this would be a travesty and we will not accept this.
    If given the choice of no season or having a season you think they will choose no season?

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    if youre gonna have the Raptors play in the states it better be somewhere fun like Vegas... Not friggen Kentucky in the middle of no where.

This is ridiculous

Itís COVID times. They canít dictate what and when. Itís a different phase of our very human existence.
    If they donít want to play in Kentucky, then sit home and donít get paid. Simple.

Quote Originally Posted by LaVar Ball View Post
    This is ridiculous

Itís COVID times. They canít dictate what and when. Itís a different phase of our very human existence.
    If they donít want to play in Kentucky, then sit home and donít get paid. Simple.
    Mostly all players on the Raptors are American, so who are you throwing that shade at exactly ?? LMAO you're telling American players to stay home ? Wtf are you talking about?

Secondly there are way, way more covid cases in the States than there are in Canada. Also this rumour has already been debunked.

Calm down Lavar. We all know you're still but hurt that Kawhi and the Clippers choked. Dont take it out on the team that actually won with him.

If the Raptors play in Kentucky, I wouldn't have a problem with it

Quote Originally Posted by LaVar Ball View Post
    This is ridiculous

Ah, so the people responsible for the league (the players ) shouldn't have a say in where they're forced to play due to covid? Heavily disagree with you here.

Their opinions should hold more weight then the owners, without a doubt.
    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Ah, so the people responsible for the league (the players ) shouldn't have a say in where they're forced to play due to covid? Heavily disagree with you here.

Their opinions should hold more weight then the owners, without a doubt.
    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    I assumed he meant the organization when he said "they" not the individual players. And the players have FAR less say in how the league is operated on a day to day or year to year basis than the owners. The players get to have their say every 5 years (other then if they organize a protest).

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post

I doubt the Hornets wanted to play in OKC when hurricane Katrina happened.

Plus the Blue Jays, Toronto FC and others have come down to the States for their seasons.

KFC Yum Center from reports seems like a venue that could accommodate the Raps.

Plus I don't even think any Toronto team has played in Toronto since COVID started unless you're the Maple Leafs but even so the Raptors playing in Louisville, Kentucky is not so bad

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    I doubt the Hornets wanted to play in OKC when hurricane Katrina happened.

Plus the Blue Jays, Toronto FC and others have come down to the States for their seasons.

KFC Yum Center from reports seems like a venue that could accommodate the Raps.
    Yeah, I was just kidding. Just saying it would be way more fun for the players to be somewhere like Vegas rather than Louisville, Kentucky where its just boring af, if you've ever been there.

If fans cant go to games, it wont matter where they play anyways.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 10-22-2020 at 03:45 PM.

With the Canada-U.S. border closed for non-essential travel due to the COVID-19 pandemic ó complicating the leagueís goal of returning teams to their arenas next season for its lone franchise outside America ó the Raptors have reportedly had discussions about the possibility of Louisvilleís KFC Yum! Center serving as a temporary home.

However, according to Rick Bozich of the local Fox-affiliated TV station, WDRB, those talks ended after Raptors players expressed their reluctance to play in Kentuckyís largest city because of the death of Breonna Taylor, who was shot and killed by Louisville police officers in March, and the social unrest that followed.

The reported concerns are in line with previous comments from the Raptors, who were outspoken in the NBAís Orlando bubble about Taylorís death and other racial and social justice causes that emerged over the summer.

And, per Bozich, it is confirmed the Raptors will not be playing their 2021 season in Louisville.
    https://www.sportsnet.ca/nba/article...isville-talks/

Is that really what Louisville's arena is called?

The Lost Boys of PSD

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    https://www.sportsnet.ca/nba/article...isville-talks/

Is that really what Louisville's arena is called?
    Yes lol the original KFC is right in Corbin.

Like I said.. it aint happening https://www.sportsnet.ca/nba/article...isville-talks/

ďI was dumbfounded by the report. From everything Iíve been told, the intention of the Raptors and the NBA is for the team to play the season in Toronto. With the improvements in (novel coronavirus) testing, I believe that is their preferred option.Ē

ďI have never had a conversation with the NBA about the Raptors coming here,Ē Bridgeman continued.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast