Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    The obvious comparison is whether Giannis will leave the Rust Belt like LeBron. I too don't think he's on LeBron's level, but let's not pretend like Middleton, Bledsoe and Lopez are the key to contention.
    Giannis reminds me more of Shaq. He's a force of nature who still needs a closer to tie up loose ends.

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    The obvious comparison is whether Giannis will leave the Rust Belt like LeBron. I too don't think he's on LeBron's level, but let's not pretend like Middleton, Bledsoe and Lopez are the key to contention.
    Giannis reminds me more of Shaq. He's a force of nature who still needs a closer to tie up loose ends.
    Exactly. Giannis will probably most likely never be lebron, but that doesnt mean he can't win a ring and be the best player in the league. He need a closer. He needs the guy to get buckets in the last 2 minutes.

But sometimes people focus too much on the last 2 minutes of the game. The first 46 are pretty damn important too.

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    Luka will make a fantastic closer for Giannis.
    2015 Bull's Mock Trade Game Championship Team

San Antonio Spurs

PG: Chris Paul | Patty Mills | Jose Calderon
    SG: Khris Middleton | J.J. Redick | Iman Shumpert
    SF: DeMarre Carroll | P.J. Tucker | Anthony Morrow
    PF: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Kyle O'Quinn
    C : Al Horford | Rudy Gobert

Never because for now he's not in the same conversation

Thumbs up

To know all Giannis forecasts why not look here ??? I always use this service and am satisfied with it
    Last edited by Jameson; 10-26-2020 at 02:31 PM. Reason: orthography

Quote Originally Posted by Redrum187 View Post
    Luka will make a fantastic closer for Giannis.
    If Giannis is smart, he'll definitely look at either joining Luka in Dallas or Curry and Thompson in Golden State. If Milwaukee can't land that closer this summer, they should seriously consider offers rather than lose Giannis to Miami for nothing. If Golden State comes offering Wiggins, Pool, the second pick, Golden State's 2022 first-rounder and Minnesota's 2021 first-rounder for Giannis, that at least has to make them think.

Lebron won all his titles playing with at least one all-star. Giannis has not played with a real all-star. Middleton is about as much of an all-star as Mo Williams was.
    Last edited by Federal Reserve; 10-30-2020 at 06:34 AM.

First off, lebron's surrounding cast the 1st time with the cavs was not that much worse than giannis current. Middleton better than anyone lebron played with, yes. Bledsoe and lopez, no. Remember when micheal redd was rumored to go to the cavs, but the bucks gave him a max. Instead they settled for mo Williams. Redd would not of gotten lebron a championship and Middleton is about equivalent to Redd. Put Middleton on those cavs teams, do you really think that puts lebron over the top?

Second giannis to the warriors is not going to happen. Bucks brass has already said they rather lose giannis to free agency than trade him. You know why cause anyone you get back in the trade is going to a mediocre player with a inflated dead money contract. (I.e. wiggins) why would the bucks want to pay wiggins $30 million a year (when they are already paying Middleton that, please do some critical thinking)? To get 1 decent draft pick and 1 crappy one. Warriors need to get 3rd team involved to make it work.

Quote Originally Posted by wolf15walk;33690894[B
    ]First off, lebron's surrounding cast the 1st time with the cavs was not that much worse than giannis current. Middleton better than anyone lebron played with, yes. Bledsoe and lopez, no. Remember when micheal redd was rumored to go to the cavs, but the bucks gave him a max. Instead they settled for mo Williams. Redd would not of gotten lebron a championship and Middleton is about equivalent to Redd. Put Middleton on those cavs teams, do you really think that puts lebron over the top?[/B]
    right and LeBron was absolutely destroyed by fans and media for not being able to win with such an unrealistic supporting cast. That is the difference here. No, Giannis won't ever get the LeBron treatment, because no other athlete has been tasked with the expectations LeBron was.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

What if?

Okc can offer the Clippers 3 first round picks and 2 pick swaps and Bucks have the contracts to make it happen. They can sweeten the deal with Houstonís first round picks and Okcís first round picks. Milwaukee will almost have to make that trade.

Okc could go all in on a championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonjorge View Post
    What if?

Okc can offer the Clippers 3 first round picks and 2 pick swaps and Bucks have the contracts to make it happen. They can sweeten the deal with Houstonís first round picks and Okcís first round picks. Milwaukee will almost have to make that trade.

I mean I think the bucks at that point if they were to feel desperate to trade they'd rather aquire a bunch of picks and save money. If giannis gets traded it will be devastating to not only the organization but for the city of Milwaukee. The bucks were a few more years away from being relocated. Nobody went to games. There success and the bright spot of giannis helped get a new arena built. If he ends up demanding out to go to a big market, fans will give up on the franchise. Many wisconsinites didnt even care about the bucks. Heard from multiple people they'd trade the bucks for a NHL franchise. Not to get to homerish, but the city of Milwaukee financially needs giannis to stay. The downtown area was trash especially around the stadium. Now its all been redone. If people stop caring about the bucks in 5 to 10 years it'll be a ghost town again and businesses will close up. I really think the NBA will do everything in its power to convince him to stay. Or else they'll have a fleeting franchise ready to fold. Any trade involving giannis will probably cause fans to disown the team. Hell ill probably be pissed off myself. Even though I was through some pretty bad years.

I liked D russel back when he was with the nets and I get he didn't fit with the warriors, but I'd rather see him in a bucks uni than wiggans. Than we could of moved Bledsoe and ran with russel, Middleton and another. Gotten younger and seen what happened. Or another guy id love to see is Ingram. Not sure what kind of contract he'll get this year. But him and Middleton would look nice together plus some young picks. But anyways if its wiggans and picks this franchise is doomed. In fact if he leaves its doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonjorge View Post
    What if?

But those picks aren't all that valuable. If kawhi leaves LAC, then those Clippers picks have value but in realitity, if the bucks traded giannis to OKC, OKC's picks would be in the 20s. LAC and Houston would both likely be good so you're looking at a bunch of picks in the back half of drafts for giannis. That's not really that valuable. At least the GS deal would net them the 2nd pick this year and the future pick Minn owes GS, which very likely ends up as a top 10 pick next year.

I wouldnt want to trade giannis either way, but if you're dealing him, give me pick 2 and a likely top 10 pick over 6 or 7 picks outside the lotto.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234