Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 91 of 96 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 1436

Thread: Nfl draft 2021

The Jets could realistically sign Richard Sherman to address CB, thereby leaving the biggest hole at DE/Edge.

The organization has really figured out how to get talent on this team in a hurry.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    I agree but everyone says he's one of the most sure things in this draft. Looking at the last several drafts, how many round 3 picks are looking like difficult to replace players? Our OL has been so terrible. I like the bold move, and that we still got Moore and Carter with the next two picks is exceptional. This will be a rebuilding process, and with the picks we have next year, I really think we're going in the right direction here. If Moore and Carter have good rookie seasons along with Wilson, we can really focus on building a better defense with our two firsts next year.
    For sure but I wouldn't sleep on the defense this year. I think they will be better than last year by quite a bit.
    We still need a dominant edge and a #1 CB but maybe a couple guys step up under Saleh and become those guys.

I have infinitely more confidence in Saleh than I did in Gase. I know that's not saying much because I had zero confidence in Gase but I think Saleh is the real deal.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    The Jets could realistically sign Richard Sherman to address CB, thereby leaving the biggest hole at DE/Edge.

The organization has really figured out how to get talent on this team in a hurry.
    There have always been 2-3 picks in each of the past bunch of drafts that I thought, huh? There were none of those in this draft or really last years.
    I am very curious what happens with Zuniga. Will the 4-3 help him? Will Saleh get him consistently motivated and giving a full effort?
    All I know is that the defense got faster and meaner this off season.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post

I donít think Sherman would want to come to the Jets because they arenít really close to contending.

Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post
    I donít think Sherman would want to come to the Jets because they arenít really close to contending.
    Blasphemy!!! Yes they are! They should absolutely win a super bowl this year. It will be a failure of the entire organization if they don't!

Now that, that is out of the way. I agree about contending.
    If they hit on 5 guys or more out of this draft, really being players and contributors, they will have a really good look going into 2022.

I also think they are better than last year and I actually think they end up at 500 or better this year.

Ignorance is bliss

I'd put the over/under at 7 games (a major improvement), depending on the schedule, which comes out this week. I don't see playoffs until next year, but we're on our way.

Though I'm optimistic, let's not forget that they finished dead last among 32 teams in offense by a wide margin and 24th in defense. To finish 9-8 this year, I'd expect one of those or both to improve to top 15. On defense, we are still a pass rusher and a lock down CB short. On offense, I worry about our C , a bit about the right side as well as TE (we have a UDFA who can catch, but is a suspect blocker). Special teams are improved, but our UDFA kicker is a crapshoot.

Long term - It's too early to look toward next year's draft, but the football analysts are predicting a couple of really good pass rushers. I'm guessing with around a 7-10 record, we'll draft about 12 and could package Seattle's pick with ours to trade up and snag one of them.

I'm just happy to be looking forward to watching some exciting football this year.

I had to work all weekend so didnít get to watch much draft but was super happy about the first 4 rounds which is all u can really ask for.. This offense is going to get much better which isnít too hard since we were the last in the league last season.

Iím interested to see if we keep Crowder, Moore could probably step right in for him but maybe they want Crowder to teach him the ropes for a year though Iím not sure Iíd pay him 10 mil to do that..

Quote Originally Posted by UncleBuckFaston View Post
    I had to work all weekend so didnít get to watch much draft but was super happy about the first 4 rounds which is all u can really ask for.. This offense is going to get much better which isnít too hard since we were the last in the league last season.

Iím interested to see if we keep Crowder, Moore could probably step right in for him but maybe they want Crowder to teach him the ropes for a year though Iím not sure Iíd pay him 10 mil to do that..
    Iíd clear the cap space and allocate those assets towards resigning maye, the roll over the excess cash to next year (when, in theory, we should be a better/more exciting/more attractive team to worthy FAs, in addition to having tons of premium draft capital to play with).

Roll with the youth and letís eat a goddamn snack!

Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
    Iíd clear the cap space and allocate those assets towards resigning maye, the roll over the excess cash to next year (when, in theory, we should be a better/more exciting/more attractive team to worthy FAs, in addition to having tons of premium draft capital to play with).

Roll with the youth and letís eat a goddamn snack!
    Plus, there might be some additional free agents to consider once other teams start making their cuts. At a minimum, we'll need some type of a veteran QB, if one becomes available.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Plus, there might be some additional free agents to consider once other teams start making their cuts. At a minimum, we'll need some type of a veteran QB, if one becomes available.
    Yes there will definitely be talent to pickup after june 1st

Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
    Definitely! I HATE fsu but hamsah is a playmaker whoís always by the ball
    Nasirldeen is moving to be WILL LB.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Nasirldeen is moving to be WILL LB.
    He and sherwood from what i heard... i like the hamsah pick no matter what, but that makes me like the sherwood pick better as well (he just doesnít have any kind of coverage skills to play DB in the nfl... even as an in-the-box safety)

Great draft overall, Joe did more for Zach than Mac did for Sam.
    Zach looks like he has all the tools to be a special QB, but we will have to see. Great Accuracy & arm strength.

AVT is the best interior OL in the draft. An All-Pro IOL. He is a top 10 prospect according to Brandt and Kiper. With Becton, the can become the next Shell and Upshaw.

Elijah Moore reminds me of Steve Smith, was going back and forth between him and Jenkins at 34. Moore will be the best WR on this team by year's end.

Michael Carter is going to be solid for this team especially running behind AVT and Becton.

Two UDFA that should stick is Yeboah, TE out of Ole Miss who kicked the crap out of Alabama.
    Isaiah Dunn CB, Oregon State, sub 4.4 40 speed.

I have seen reports that there were roughly 18 prospects with 1st round grade. That's why they moved up to get AVT. If anything the Jets should be fun to watch.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

I would definitely like to pick up Olivier Vernon, heíd be a fine stop gap edge rusher for a year or 2.. Iíd also like to get one of Steven Nelson or Casey heyward since Sherman seems to be ring chasing.. I donít trust our CB situation going into next year..

With those upgrades I think we can contend for a playoff spot..

get aaron rodgers and julio jones!
    [IMG][/IMG]

Page 91 of 96 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293 ... LastLast