Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Nfl draft 2021

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    I think we need to put some respect on Justin Jefferson’s name. This man is having an unbelievable rookie season, arguably one of the greatest of a all time for a rookie WR on an efficiency basis.

I actually loved his talent and he really showed out at the combine last season, but he spent so much time in the slot I wasn’t 100% how he would translate on the outside. So no, Terance Marshall isn’t going to be a “bigger” Justin Jefferson. From that one video, he doesn’t look as fast, his hands are much worse (two drops), and his route running looks very sloppy and lazy as well as his blocking most of the time.

And yet, here you are trying to pretend that Justin Jefferson didn't further grow his game as a pro.
    If Justin Jefferson was as complete coming out of college as he is now, he would have been a higher rated prospect.

Speaking of which, I can't take either of you 2 serious when all you have on him is 1 chopped up game of footage, and that's all it takes to make a decision on him.
    You 2 know better than that.

To me all your complaints are moot, once you realize he finished with 8 catches for 122 yds and 2 TDs.

Imagine if he was the #1 option with Burrow as a QB, but it's not like the QB plays any significant part, even though for most of his catches, he's snagging off target passes.

Justin Jefferson was projected at the same place last year as Terrace Marshall is this year for good reason, but it takes more than 1 game of viewing to understand that.

Hey, Tom Brady once had a college game where he threw for less than 200yds.
    No chance he will ever be a good QB, right.
    Last edited by MrX27; 11-27-2020 at 08:53 PM.

Hey Broadway Joe,

I think Trask should be the fav to win the Heisman.

Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    If that's you major criticism, that's kind of weak.
    That's something that can be learned as a pro.

Denzel Mims isn't an inspiring blocker, but he's willing to be a blocker.
    That's what matters.
    Well I listed more, like his soft cuts and turning his head way too early, both of which would get eaten up by an NFL CB

Hey Broadway Joe,

I think Trask should be the fav to win the Heisman.
    It’s between him and Mac, and will probably come down to who wins/plays better in the SEC championship game. But right now, yes, KT has to be the prohibitive favorite.

Speaking of which, I can't take either of you 2 serious when all you have on him is 1 chopped up game of footage, and that's all it takes to make a decision on him.
    I did say “From my limited watching, my very early thoughts”
    But, turning your head too early and running soft routes aren’t usually things that occur in 1 game, so I believe he needs considerable coaching

He’s got some natural gifts, how motivated is he to work on his craft will determine his success...to guess on motivation, usually I like to look at a player when the play is not designed for him, is he at least running a good routes? At least engaging the defender in a block

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    I did say “From my limited watching, my very early thoughts”
    But, turning your head too early and running soft routes aren’t usually things that occur in 1 game, so I believe he needs considerable coaching

He’s got some natural gifts, how motivated is he to work on his craft will determine his success...to guess on motivation, usually I like to look at a player when the play is not designed for him, is he at least running a good routes? At least engaging the defender in a block
    He runs good routes and plucks the ball from the air, both are evident on the game footage you produced.

How's this for "motivation", prior to a concussion he had in around the 4th game of last year, Marshall was clearly the best WR on LSU leading the team in receptions and yards.
    He missed about 3-4 games, and instead of making a fuss about not starting, he accepted his role.
    He easily could have went the Jamarr Chase route and took this season off, but felt he had something to prove, even though he's playing with a weaker QB than last year.

As I said before, he's as much the prospect Justin Jefferson was last year.
    Jefferson was seen as a day 2 pick, through the season, through the combines (which made him a riser), through the draft.
    Marshall is projected as the same.

He runs good routes and plucks the ball from the air, both are evident on the game footage you produced.

How's this for "motivation", prior to a concussion he had in around the 4th game of last year, Marshall was clearly the best WR on LSU leading the team in receptions and yards.
    He missed about 3-4 games, and instead of making a fuss about not starting, he accepted his role.
    He easily could have went the Jamarr Chase route and took this season off, but felt he had something to prove, even though he's playing with a weaker QB than last year.

As I said before, he's as much the prospect Justin Jefferson was last year.
    Jefferson was seen as a day 2 pick, through the season, through the combines (which made him a riser), through the draft.
    Marshall is projected as the same.
    He’ll be a great day 3 pick for us

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    He’ll be a great day 3 pick for us
    Yeah, so would Sowell, Kyle Pitts and Travis Etienne.
    It would be great.
    Last edited by MrX27; 11-28-2020 at 01:00 PM.

Free agency comes before the draft and who the Jets sign will dictate positions they will target.
    I feel they should sign the following of their free agents.
    Maye, Poole, Basham, Hewitt, and Perriman.
    They will still have the following needs.
    Edge Best free agent
    Corner Best free agent
    WR Best free agent or could go draft
    RB Draft
    TE Draft unless Herndon play like he did last week then no need for another TE
    OL Center from Oklahoma, and a guard. I like Fant and Becton as the tackles

Hard to name free agents to sign because at this time don't know for sure who will be available.
    Left the QB out because there are just too many variables at this time.
    Last edited by flfan1943; 11-28-2020 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by flfan1943 View Post
    Free agency comes before the draft and who the Jets sign will dictate positions they will target.
    I feel they should sign the following of their free agents.
    Maye, Poole, Basham, Hewitt, and Perriman.
    They will still have the following needs.
    Edge Best free agent
    Corner Best free agent
    WR Best free agent or could go draft
    RB Draft
    TE Draft unless Herndon play like he did last week then no need for another TE
    OL Center from Oklahoma, and a guard. I like Fant and Becton as the tackles

Hard to name free agents to sign because at this time don't know for sure who will be available.
    Left the QB out because there are just too many variables at this time.
    Why exactly do the Jets need Perriman if they sign a top WR FA?
    Why spend the millions on Perriman, when you are getting a similar WR back next year in Doctson.

If Perriman wants to come be a backup for 4m/yr sure, but no way for 8m/yr.

Why exactly do the Jets need Perriman if they sign a top WR FA?
    Why spend the millions on Perriman, when you are getting a similar WR back next year in Doctson.

If Perriman wants to come be a backup for 4m/yr sure, but no way for 8m/yr.
    I did say a best available wide receiver but I meant a good receiver not the best available and it would be mainly for depth. It took 10 weeks to get all the receivers in the lineup at the same time this year.
    I believe Perriman is better receiver than Doctson. Cost would be a big factor in signing Perriman

Quote Originally Posted by flfan1943 View Post
    I did say a best available wide receiver but I meant a good receiver not the best available and it would be mainly for depth. It took 10 weeks to get all the receivers in the lineup at the same time this year.
    I believe Perriman is better receiver than Doctson. Cost would be a big factor in signing Perriman
    Hard to say if he's better than Doctson because both underachieved most of their career.

Would you resign Perriman at 8m per?

Nfl draft 2021

And yet, here you are trying to pretend that Justin Jefferson didn't further grow his game as a pro.
    If Justin Jefferson was as complete coming out of college as he is now, he would have been a higher rated prospect.

To me all your complaints are moot, once you realize he finished with 8 catches for 122 yds and 2 TDs.

Imagine if he was the #1 option with Burrow as a QB, but it's not like the QB plays any significant part, even though for most of his catches, he's snagging off target passes.

Justin Jefferson was projected at the same place last year as Terrace Marshall is this year for good reason, but it takes more than 1 game of viewing to understand that.

Hey, Tom Brady once had a college game where he threw for less than 200yds.
    No chance he will ever be a good QB, right.
    I think the lesson I learned with Jefferson is that it doesn’t matter if he played so much slot in college when all the others signs pointed to him being a stud WR in the NFL. Great speed and athleticism to go with good size, great ball-skills, excellent route-running/releases, and very good hands that resulted in tremendous college production.

I’m not sure how much better he got with no preseason/limited practice reps before the season, but he proved he can be an alpha outside WR. It’s safe to say that Marshall isn’t on Jefferson’s level, but he should be a solid Day 2 pick with some upside in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    I think the lesson I learned with Jefferson is that it doesn’t matter if he played so much slot in college when all the others signs pointed to him being a stud WR in the NFL. Great speed and athleticism to go with good size, great ball-skills, excellent route-running/releases, and very good hands that resulted in tremendous college production.

I’m not sure how much better he got with no preseason/limited practice reps before the season, but he proved he can be an alpha outside WR. It’s safe to say that Marshall isn’t on Jefferson’s level, but he should be a solid Day 2 pick with some upside in the future.
    Your right, Marshall isn't on Jefferson's level, if you check, Marshall appears to be a late 1st round pick in several mocks.

He'a a gameplay riser.
    Nuff said.
    Last edited by MrX27; 11-28-2020 at 07:46 PM.

Nfl draft 2021

Your right, Marshall isn't on Jefferson's level, if you check, Marshall appears to be a late 1st round pick in several mocks.

He'a a gameplay riser.
    Nuff said.
    We’ll see if he’s picked earlier than Jefferson was and if he has historic success like Jefferson is having in his rookie season.

Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast