Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Nfl draft 2021

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    The rumor mill is already reporting TL may pull a Manning if we get the #1 pick. God we suck.
    Then you either trade the pick or take another position of need. I have nothing against TL, but IMO, the Jets need more help than TL gives. If TL decides to return to Clemson, guess what, you take one of the following players:

OT Penei Sewell
    WR Jamarr Chase
    EDGE rusher Gregory Rousseau
    LB Micah Parsons
    CB Patrick Surtain
    QB Justin Fields

Last time I checked, the Jets needed help just about everywhere.
    Eichel Tower

Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    Then you either trade the pick or take another position of need. I have nothing against TL, but IMO, the Jets need more help than TL gives. If TL decides to return to Clemson, guess what, you take one of the following players:

OT Penei Sewell
    WR Jamarr Chase
    EDGE rusher Gregory Rousseau
    LB Micah Parsons
    CB Patrick Surtain
    QB Justin Fields

Last time I checked, the Jets needed help just about everywhere.
    Agreed but no on Sewell.
    Fant is good enough.

Mostly this is the media looking for a story.
    Lawrence is focused on the right thing for now, finish out the year first.

This is also why the next HC will be a splash hire.
    For instance, if the Jets brought in Bieniemy, Riley or Roman it's very doubtful Lawrence would turn them down, however if the Jets stick with Gase or go with another questionable candidate, Lawrence would want no part of them.

Yeah, if we get the #1 pick, the opportunity to pair a splash coach with TL will make a lot of people change their tunes about this organization. Lincoln Riley ainít passing on taking the big seat in NY with a chance to coach up TL, and TL ainít passing up #1 overall $$$ to risk injury back in college. Itíll ideally be a chicken-egg situation with a stud coach and QB prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Agreed but no on Sewell.
    Fant is good enough.

Mostly this is the media looking for a story.
    Lawrence is focused on the right thing for now, finish out the year first.

This is also why the next HC will be a splash hire.
    For instance, if the Jets brought in Bieniemy, Riley or Roman it's very doubtful Lawrence would turn them down, however if the Jets stick with Gase or go with another questionable candidate, Lawrence would want no part of them.
    I wouldnít be too upset with Sewell, that LT/RT could be one for the ages. However, Iíd much prefer trading back several spots and drafting Leatherwood if weíre set on taking another OLineman

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    I wouldnít be too upset with Sewell, that LT/RT could be one for the ages. However, Iíd much prefer trading back several spots and drafting Leatherwood if weíre set on taking another OLineman
    I wouldn't want another OL with the 1st rounder.

This team needs skill talent, the #1 difference between the Jets and the top teams around the league is talent at skill positions (on-field comparison).

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
    Yeah, if we get the #1 pick, the opportunity to pair a splash coach with TL will make a lot of people change their tunes about this organization. Lincoln Riley ainít passing on taking the big seat in NY with a chance to coach up TL, and TL ainít passing up #1 overall $$$ to risk injury back in college. Itíll ideally be a chicken-egg situation with a stud coach and QB prospect.
    100%.
    TL would have a huge contract but in NYC, he'd also have more endorsements than he could shake a stick at

I would take a hard pass on Rlley. OSU has not played an ounce of D, since he's been the man. If they even played decent D, they'd have titles to show.

Ignorance is bliss

I wouldn't want another OL with the 1st rounder.

This team needs skill talent, the #1 difference between the Jets and the top teams around the league is talent at skill positions (on-field comparison).
    Offensive line is still awful. Only player I see worth keeping is Becton. The game is won in the trenches

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    Offensive line is still awful. Only player I see worth keeping is Becton. The game is won in the trenches
    Famt is good.
    Clark will be starting at G next year.

OL hasn't been bad when all healthy.
    Van Rotten sux though, and Mcgovern needs to move to G.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    100%.
    TL would have a huge contract but in NYC, he'd also have more endorsements than he could shake a stick at

I would take a hard pass on Rlley. OSU has not played an ounce of D, since he's been the man. If they even played decent D, they'd have titles to show.
    Riley is making $6.5mil right now. Do you think the Jets will pay that or more to an unproven HC.

Im not sure they will.

Nfl draft 2021

Famt is good.
    Clark will be starting at G next year.

OL hasn't been bad when all healthy.
    Van Rotten sux though, and Mcgovern needs to move to G.
    McGovern has been the problem, not GVR.

Fant has been mediocre.

Quote Originally Posted by afmanic View Post
    Riley is making $6.5mil right now. Do you think the Jets will pay that or more to an unproven HC.

Im not sure they will.
    It it meant Lawrence staying in school or being available in the draft, would you pay it?

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    McGovern has been the problem, not GVR.

Fant has been mediocre.
    What.

Van Rotten sux.
    Mcgovern should be playing G.
    Fant had been better than mediocre, but he has missed games. When on the field he has been solid.

What.

Van Rotten sux.
    Mcgovern should be playing G.
    Fant had been better than mediocre, but he has missed games. When on the field he has been solid.
    I feel Van Roten has been terrible too but per PFF heís actually been graded as our 3rd best lineman behind Becton & Alex Lewis. Edoga in his limited play time is actually our highest graded at 75.2 and McGovern the lowest at 50.1. Interesting if nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by JetNation View Post
    I feel Van Roten has been terrible too but per PFF heís actually been graded as our 3rd best lineman behind Becton & Alex Lewis. Edoga in his limited play time is actually our highest graded at 75.2 and McGovern the lowest at 50.1. Interesting if nothing else.
    Easy counter to any PFF debate:

So are you saying the each of the teams ran the same exsct plays, with the same responsibilities to block the same exact people?

No.

Then those PFF grades are useless, other than for a laugh.
    Football isn't played by the statistical grade.

And as I said before, Mcgovern should not be at Center.
    Van Rotten sux.
    Lewis has always be solid, when healthy (which always seems to be game to game).
    I'd like to see the Jets give Clark a couple of starts this year, even if its toward the end of the season.
    Last edited by MrX27; 10-29-2020 at 06:42 PM.

Nfl draft 2021

Easy counter to any PFF debate:

So are you saying the each of the teams ran the same exsct plays, with the same responsibilities to block the same exact people?

No.

Then those PFF grades are useless, other than for a laugh.
    Football isn't played by the statistical grade.

And as I said before, Mcgovern should not be at Center.
    Van Rotten sux.
    Lewis has always be solid, when healthy (which always seems to be game to game).
    I'd like to see the Jets give Clark a couple of starts this year, even if its toward the end of the season.
    Hereís a non-PPF stat:

Last edited by YoungStuna; 10-29-2020 at 08:44 PM.

Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast