Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 48 of 58 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: Nfl draft 2021

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    When you look at the NY Jets at #2, there is no reason for them to stay at #2 unless there is a specific player not named Trevor Lawrence that they absolutely want, whether that be a QB, WR, OT, whatever.
    100%

Ignorance is bliss

Nfl draft 2021

Iím telling you guys, Zach Wilson is going to be the truth. It doesnít seem like weíre making a big trade, so they should just take him.

Simms ranking PRE-draft in 2018 was:

1-Lamar
    2-Josh Allen
    3-Mayfield
    4-Darnold
    5-Rosen

He either has a crystal ball or he's great at analyzing college QB's.

I remember him filling in for Boomer weeks before that draft saying he didn't love Sam because of A, B & C

Don't remember but apparently he was high on Mahomes too. Says he has a quest to become an NFL GM someday.

Now he's saying Zack will be a great Pro, better than TL. Wow.
    Last edited by Daaaarryyl; 03-07-2021 at 06:45 PM.

Itís obviously a very bold take, but I wouldnít be surprised if it becomes true. Wilson is so impressive.

https://twitter.com/movethesticks/st...144332288?s=21

To launch this 55 yards on the money off-schedule is really great talent.

If Watson is available to us-depending on the price-it's really really gonna be hard to pass on him.

Yet the "hope" that Wilson could be a franchise QB and building through the draft is still very appealing.

Either 2 options are OK with me. (Wish Sam the best but he may need a change of scenery and it's time to move on from him.)

Quote Originally Posted by Daaaarryyl View Post
    If Watson is available to us-depending on the price-it's really really gonna be hard to pass on him.

Yet the "hope" that Wilson could be a franchise QB and building through the draft is still very appealing.

Either 2 options are OK with me. (Wish Sam the best but he may need a change of scenery and it's time to move on from him.)
    I could be wrong, but I just donít see Joe trading what it takes to get Watson. Only way Iíll be upset is if we build around Sam. That ship has sailed and itís time to move on. We need to start fresh now.

Wow, Simms is not the only one to feel Wilson will be better than TL:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...on/vi-BB1enzX1

I just wish the clip didn't cut off so quick. Wanted to hear his reasonings etc.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    I could be wrong, but I just donít see Joe trading what it takes to get Watson. Only way Iíll be upset is if we build around Sam. That ship has sailed and itís time to move on. We need to start fresh now.
    I agree and to be honest, I am happy about it.

1 week till FA!!!

Ignorance is bliss

If we don't trade Sam prior to the draft, how daring and reckless can we be? Would we have the guts to trade down, then pick a QB and then trade Sam? Suppose we trade down to Carolina and Fields drops to 8 or suppose Douglas and company really like Mac Jones and pick him at the end of the top 10. That would be tremendously exciting and nerve racking.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    If we don't trade Sam prior to the draft, how daring and reckless can we be? Would we have the guts to trade down, then pick a QB and then trade Sam? Suppose we trade down to Carolina and Fields drops to 8 or suppose Douglas and company really like Mac Jones and pick him at the end of the top 10. That would be tremendously exciting and nerve racking.
    Trey Lance's pro day is Friday, I believe. I hope the Jets are there and watch closely. To me, he is the perfect trade back scenario. Keep Sam, let Trey have a year on the bench. If Sam is great? Franchise him and watch another year. If he is again? That's not a bad problem. If he stinks after another year under a new coach and offense, you have a guy ready to go.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Trey Lance's pro day is Friday, I believe. I hope the Jets are there and watch closely. To me, he is the perfect trade back scenario. Keep Sam, let Trey have a year on the bench. If Sam is great? Franchise him and watch another year. If he is again? That's not a bad problem. If he stinks after another year under a new coach and offense, you have a guy ready to go.
    Kink, there is almost no conceivable scenario in which the Jets keep Sam while drafting an early QB. Itís one or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
    Kink, there is almost no conceivable scenario in which the Jets keep Sam while drafting an early QB. Itís one or the other.
    I agree. I also hope that any QB drafted by the Jets isn't immediately forced to start. I hope they sign a vet to start the season and let the rookie just sit and learn. If the rookie outright wins the job out of camp, then great, but I don't want the Jets to force anything.

Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
    Also, Sam would have next to 0% trade value next year if his play continues as it has been.

Draft a QB and start anew.

Page 48 of 58 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast