Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 47 of 57 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: Nfl draft 2021

I wonder if we could get the #19 pick from the Redskins for Sam Darnold and a later round pick. The Redskins have a decent team everywhere but QB. With Darnold, they might be able to jump from a 7 win team in their division to a ten or eleven win team.

Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    I think Watson will command 2 firsts from us, itís #2 overall which from what I understand is almost 2 first rounders anyway and 1 from next year.

You would have to ask yourself, where would we be picking next year with Watson? My guess would be 15-20 range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My guess, anywhere from 1-24

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    I wonder if we could get the #19 pick from the Redskins for Sam Darnold and a later round pick. The Redskins have a decent team everywhere but QB. With Darnold, they might be able to jump from a 7 win team in their division to a ten or eleven win team.
    I think the jets would need to throw in a third or even a #19 plus the skins 3rd for Sam and the Jets 2nd.

I would love it if you were correct but I don't see Sam' value being that high. I think the Lions make sense but I don't think they give up 21 for him, think it would be a second. The Saints at 28 would be realistic and I actually wonder if the Bucs could make sense (bring him in and sit him behind Brady). They will need someone to take over after him and if they gave up the 31rst pick?

I just don't see him netting a top 20 pick Pitt at 24? Maybe.
    That's the issue with Scheffer's comments. The only team with late round first that would even consider a QB are the Saints, Buc, and the Steelers.
    Will any of them give up a first for Sam? I do think the jets could end up with a first for him but it will cost them something more to get there.
    Last edited by Kinkotheclown; 02-04-2021 at 08:13 AM.

Ignorance is bliss

Did a mock with multiple trade downs. Not too shabby but also not realistic.

5. Justin Fields, QB, Ohio State
    29. Najee Harris, RB, Alabama
    34. Rashod Bateman, WR, Minnesota
    38. Pat Freiermuth, TE, Penn State
    62. Eric Stokes, CB, Georgia
    69. Jabril Cox, LB, LSU
    71. Dillon Radunz, OT, North Dakota State
    86. Patrick Jones, EDGE, Pitt
    102. Drake Jackson, OC, Kentucky
    107. Ben Cleveland, OG, Georgia
    188. Paris Ford, S, Pitt
    249. Sadarius Hutcherson, OG, South Carolina

2022 CIN 1st
    2022 CIN 2nd
    2022 TEN 5th

Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post

69. Jabril Cox, LB, LSU
    188. Paris Ford, S, Pitt

2022 CIN 1st
    2022 CIN 2nd
    2022 TEN 5th
    Not a huge fan of taking an Ohio State QB. Also I'm not sure it would be a good idea to take a RB in the first round, albeit a late pick. I'd like to see us address the RB in FA, then use that pick on a WR. I doubt Bateman lasts til the 2nd round.
    Last edited by YankeeFanAlways; 02-22-2021 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post

69. Jabril Cox, LB, LSU
    188. Paris Ford, S, Pitt

2022 CIN 1st
    2022 CIN 2nd
    2022 TEN 5th
    Cincy may be a trade down partner but doubtful we get that much.

Great pickup on Fields and Friermuth (if healthy).

Bateman, Patrick Jones and Paris Ford will likely go earlier than those draft slots.

Word is Wilson is not 6'3" and actually closer to 6'1.

Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Cincy may be a trade down partner but doubtful we get that much.

Great pickup on Fields and Friermuth (if healthy).

Bateman, Patrick Jones and Paris Ford will likely go earlier than those draft slots.
    Yeah. These simulations never seem to be realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    I think Watson will command 2 firsts from us, itís #2 overall which from what I understand is almost 2 first rounders anyway and 1 from next year.

You would have to ask yourself, where would we be picking next year with Watson? My guess would be 15-20 range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Problem is, I bet the Dolphins offer #3 and 18 this year, plus next years first.... And we won't beat that unless we're gonna give 3 firsts plus Q Williams, which I don't think we should do.

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Problem is, I bet the Dolphins offer #3 and 18 this year, plus next years first.... And we won't beat that unless we're gonna give 3 firsts plus Q Williams, which I don't think we should do.
    The #2 and the #23 is worth more than the #3 and the #18. Plus, without the #2, the Texans aren't assured of getting their top choice at QB, between Fields, Wilson and the others. Therefore, there is absolutely no reason to include Q Williams in the trade to beat out the Dolphins.

The #2 and the #23 is worth more than the #3 and the #18.
    Only if you're solely looking at draft pick values. But if HOU likes Fields and Wilson, then 3 and 18 is worth more to them cuz they get one of their QB's they like, plus another first that's 5 picks higher than the Jets second first.

What you said is only true if they don't want one of Fields or Wilson.

We might not ever find out though.

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Only if you're solely looking at draft pick values. But if HOU likes Fields and Wilson, then 3 and 18 is worth more to them cuz they get one of their QB's they like, plus another first that's 5 picks higher than the Jets second first.

What you said is only true if they don't want one of Fields or Wilson.

We might not ever find out though.
    That is a great point.

Ignorance is bliss

Saw a mock draft yesterday where the Jets drafted Ja'Marr Chase at @2 and then drafted Trey Lance at #9 and had no #23 pick, so I'm guessing they traded Sam and the #23 for the #9 pick. Very interesting. Hard to imagine passing on a QB and trading yours afterward. It would probably never happen, unless Jets don't like either QB at #2 and somebody like Denver steps in and wants Darnold after Wilson and Fields are gone.

Saw a mock draft yesterday where the Jets drafted Ja'Marr Chase at @2 and then drafted Trey Lance at #9 and had no #23 pick, so I'm guessing they traded Sam and the #23 for the #9 pick. Very interesting. Hard to imagine passing on a QB and trading yours afterward. It would probably never happen, unless Jets don't like either QB at #2 and somebody like Denver steps in and wants Darnold after Wilson and Fields are gone.
    I am all in on trading back and taking Lance. He is the QB, I want the most out of all of them

Ignorance is bliss

When you look at the NY Jets at #2, there is no reason for them to stay at #2 unless there is a specific player not named Trevor Lawrence that they absolutely want, whether that be a QB, WR, OT, whatever.
    Eichel Tower

Page 47 of 57 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast