Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 95 of 96 FirstFirst ... 458593949596 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 1436

Thread: Nfl draft 2021

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Wilson is 1” and 8 lbs less than the average.

Average NFL QB: 6’3” 222 lbs — BMI 27.7
    Zach Wilson: 6’2” 214 lbs — BMI 27.5

So he’s very slightly undersized overall, but he’s pretty much where he should be for a 6’2” QB coming out of college so I don’t see how his size is a concern. His size is pretty much exactly the same as Watson (6’2” 215), Bridgewater (6’2” 215 lbs), and Lamar (6’2” 212 lbs). Russell Wilson put on 10 lbs since he was drafted.

Tannehill is 6’4” but only 217 lbs. Ryan is 6’4” and only 217 lbs as well. Alex Smith is 6’4” and only 215 lbs. Daniel Jones is 6’5” and only 220 lbs. These are the leaner QBs in the league as well as the Carr and Cousins who you already mentioned. You guys make it sound like Wilson is 6’1” 200 lbs, but he’s not.
    I would not be the least bit surprised if he was exactly that. It's an inch shorter and 10 points lighter. It isn't a stretch for a team to list a player as taller and heavier (or lighter for the big guys)

He's not Murray but if you look at him, he's not a stout dude. He's not a milquetoast by any means. It isn't a shot at him for being weak. He's just not a normal size for the position. Neither was Brees or many other guys who were very successful. But they also didn't have corrective surgery to their throwing arm.

What's wild to me is that QBs his size were more the norm when the game was far rougher.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    milquetoast.
    Had to google that

Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Wilson weighs 214 with his pads, helmet and cleats on.

And of the QBs you named, Wilson is leaner than them and those QBs haven't had double surgery on their shoulders.
    His playing weight was probably 210. He was listed at 6’3” 210 lbs at BYU. Is he really leaner than them?

He has narrow shoulders and short arms which actually makes him more compact. He’s not some lanky, long-limbed QB.

I would not be the least bit surprised if he was exactly that. It's an inch shorter and 10 points lighter. It isn't a stretch for a team to list a player as taller and heavier (or lighter for the big guys)

He's not Murray but if you look at him, he's not a stout dude. He's not a milquetoast by any means. It isn't a shot at him for being weak. He's just not a normal size for the position. Neither was Brees or many other guys who were very successful. But they also didn't have corrective surgery to their throwing arm.

What's wild to me is that QBs his size were more the norm when the game was far rougher.
    Not sure why you’re bringing up Murray, he’s built like Russell Wilson at 5’10” 207 lbs. Zach was listed an inch taller at BYU, there’s no reason to think 6’2” isn’t his real height. Just because he has a boy-ish face doesn’t mean he’s short like Brees/Murray/Wilson who are all excellent QBs in their own way.

Zach has a 6’2” wingspan, same has his height which could explain why he looks smaller. Watson for example has a 6’9” wingspan.

Not sure why you’re bringing up Murray, he’s built like Russell Wilson at 5’10” 207 lbs. Zach was listed an inch taller at BYU, there’s no reason to think 6’2” isn’t his real height. Just because he has a boy-ish face doesn’t mean he’s short like Brees/Murray/Wilson who are all excellent QBs in their own way.

Zach has a 6’2” wingspan, same has his height which could explain why he looks smaller. Watson for example has a 6’9” wingspan.
    This is not something you can defend through a BMI argument or QB comparisons.

Zach Wilson will eventually show us how tough and durable he really is.

But because of his build and thin frame, it is a legit concern until proven otherwise on the field.

This is not something you can defend through a BMI argument or QB comparisons.

Zach Wilson will eventually show us how tough and durable he really is.

But because of his build and thin frame, it is a legit concern until proven otherwise on the field.
    He’ll probably be fine. Why doesn’t anyone question Lamar’s durability? He’s 6’2” 212 lbs and was listed at 6’3” 211 lbs in Louisville. Not to mention Lamar is a running QB who takes way more hits.

He’ll probably be fine. Why doesn’t anyone question Lamar’s durability? He’s 6’2” 212 lbs and was listed at 6’3” 211 lbs in Louisville. Not to mention Lamar is a running QB who takes way more hits.
    Lamar is lightening quick and a run first QB. When defenses play him, they’re in containment scenarios which I think is less taxing on the body in sack situations. I think we would all agree he shouldn’t be trying to pick up a few extra yards by barreling through someone.

I also question his longevity in the league and am interested to see how his contract plays out

]

Has Lamar Jackson had double shoulder surgery?
    Has Lamar proven durable thus far?

As you said, he'll "probably" be fine.
    It's just that Wilson's "probably" it's more concerning than that of other players.

Don't know how true it is, but there was a story where the Jets had a former linebacker / coach hug him when he met him on his pro day and that person said he had a similar frame as Patrick Mahomes and the Jets were comfortable with that assessment. If true, that's a unique way to evaluate his ability to take a sack.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Don't know how true it is, but there was a story where the Jets had a former linebacker / coach hug him when he met him on his pro day and that person said he had a similar frame as Patrick Mahomes and the Jets were comfortable with that assessment. If true, that's a unique way to evaluate his ability to take a sack.
    Saleh had fred warner “bro hug” him to get a feel for his frame. Read that article too. Machiavellian if true!

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
    Saleh had fred warner “bro hug” him to get a feel for his frame. Read that article too. Machiavellian if true!
    Yeah I saw the same

Though I’m not buying a hug assessment from Fred Warner...or maybe he was referring to Pat Mahomes Sr, the retired former NY Mets relief pitcher

Nfl draft 2021

]

Has Lamar Jackson had double shoulder surgery?
    Has Lamar proven durable thus far?

As you said, he'll "probably" be fine.
    It's just that Wilson's "probably" it's more concerning than that of other players.
    Labrum tears can happen. Wilson was thoroughly examined and he’s been 100% for 2 seasons now.

He didn’t get that from taking a hit.

I think Murray is the shortest and lightest QB in the league. That's why I used him. It was more about being small at QB. he's not tiny.

Ignorance is bliss

Labrum tears can happen. Wilson was thoroughly examined and he’s been 100% for 2 seasons now.

He didn’t get that from taking a hit.
    He got it from overuse? I read that was one idea and the other was falling on it.
    Honestly, I think if it is from overuse, that is worse. If he sustained an injury from doing what he is supposed to do?

Again, hopefully this is all a moot point and he's totally fine but It is a concern going forward.

Remember Pennington? I know he never had the arm wilson does but even so, after his injury, he could barely through an out pattern.

Ignorance is bliss

He got it from overuse? I read that was one idea and the other was falling on it.
    Honestly, I think if it is from overuse, that is worse. If he sustained an injury from doing what he is supposed to do?

Again, hopefully this is all a moot point and he's totally fine but It is a concern going forward.

Remember Pennington? I know he never had the arm wilson does but even so, after his injury, he could barely through an out pattern.
    The difference here being we’ve all see Wilson’s abilities post-surgical repair. He ain’t Penny (although hopefully he has what Penny hd between the ears)

Page 95 of 96 FirstFirst ... 458593949596 LastLast