Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 39 of 48 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: Nfl draft 2021

Nfl draft 2021

Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Fields has better pocket presence (as proven during the FBS playoffs) and more accuracy against better competition.
    Fields gets the ball out plenty quick enough, he doesn't have a huge windup.

Wilson hasn't faced consistent pressure at all (he's in for a shock in the NFL), and requires a much greater learning curve.
    Come to think of it, Wilson is more like Mariota.
    Fields has longer average time in the pocket than Wilson and Wilson has a quicker release. Fields is very accurate, but he’s a bit mechanical as a thrower. Wilson is very fluid and can get the ball out with various arm angles, on the run, across his body etc.

I think if Saleh is our HC, we might bring an assistant from SF to be our OC and we might have a more Shanahan-type of offense. I think Wilson would be a better fit than Fields for that type of offense.

Wilson isn’t the runner that Fields or Mariota are. He looks to extend plays with his legs, but to throw downfield more often than not. He doesn’t look to tuck and run much if his primary read is covered.
    Last edited by YoungStuna; 01-13-2021 at 02:53 AM.

Fields makes his time as a QB, not always sitting comfortably in the pocket like Wilson.

Wilson's release means nothing because Fields has shown he can laser a ball with the flick of his wrist, and neither of them have the quickest release compared to Lawrence.

Wilson doesn't throw in tight windows like Fields, which is something you have to do in the NFL.
    Sure Wilson looks good throwing to wide open WRs at BYU when they are playing easy competition, but Wilson doesn't throw his WRs open.

Fields has shown he does this well against the top competition and NFL caliber players.

Fields looks to extend plays to scan and throw first, then take yardage second.
    Which is what he should do.
    How many times have we watched Darnold keep plays alive and have room to run but hold the ball to long until he has to force it toward a WR.

Wilson and his thin frame is going to get crushed doing things like hurdling and trying to truck defenders in the NFL.
    Which is what he does naturally.

Do we think the hiring of Saleh would encourage Watson to accept a trade to the Jets, if one could be worked out? I think he'd appreciate the fact that the Jets have properly gone through their search and hired a strong, well qualified candidate.

I feel like Saleh wouldn’t push for Watson, most defensive guys just wanna control the game, and especially if he brings Mike McDaniel as OC I don’t think having a superstar QB would be a high priority for him or the staff. They’d probably draft whichever QB they deem safest or think that if they can get Darnold to not lose the game then the running game + defense can win it. Definitely see them going hard after a lineman either in the draft or through FA though maybe (hopefully) both. A line of Becton, Humphrey/Wyatt Davis, McGovern, Thuney/Scherff, Fant/Edoga would be pretty solid.

Would you trade the Jets second 1st for Tua?

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...er-rookie-year

Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post
    Would you trade the Jets second 1st for Tua?

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...er-rookie-year
    No, but I'd give them Darnold and a lower pick, so both can have a change of scenery.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    No, but I'd give them Darnold and a lower pick, so both can have a change of scenery.
    Doubt that gets it done but not that interested in Tua anyway.

Fields makes his time as a QB, not always sitting comfortably in the pocket like Wilson.

Wilson's release means nothing because Fields has shown he can laser a ball with the flick of his wrist, and neither of them have the quickest release compared to Lawrence.

Wilson doesn't throw in tight windows like Fields, which is something you have to do in the NFL.
    Sure Wilson looks good throwing to wide open WRs at BYU when they are playing easy competition, but Wilson doesn't throw his WRs open.

Fields has shown he does this well against the top competition and NFL caliber players.

Fields looks to extend plays to scan and throw first, then take yardage second.
    Which is what he should do.
    How many times have we watched Darnold keep plays alive and have room to run but hold the ball to long until he has to force it toward a WR.

Wilson and his thin frame is going to get crushed doing things like hurdling and trying to truck defenders in the NFL.
    Which is what he does naturally.
    Fields is pressured a bit more overall, but his time to throw against the blitz is way higher than Josh Allen who led the NFL. That’s pretty alarming. It takes him longer to process than Wilson. He’s somewhere between Cam and Watson IMO. I won’t change your opinion on this, so we’ll just have to see. I think he has enough talent to take at #2, but so does Wilson. The latter is getting knocked for things outside of his control and having an injury as a sophomore.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Fields is pressured a bit more overall, but his time to throw against the blitz is way higher than Josh Allen who led the NFL. That’s pretty alarming. It takes him longer to process than Wilson. He’s somewhere between Cam and Watson IMO. I won’t change your opinion on this, so we’ll just have to see. I think he has enough talent to take at #2, but so does Wilson. The latter is getting knocked for things outside of his control and having an injury as a sophomore.
    Fields is the better playmaker, and in the NFL thats what wins as a QB, he also processes plays quicker than Wilson, has a better arm and delivered against NFL quality opposition.

Even an injured Fields against Alabama showed me more than what Wilson's best game did.

Fields is a top 5 QB.
    Wilson is worth a lower top 10, and if Lance shows out at the combine, he may overtake Wilson.
    Last edited by MrX27; 01-14-2021 at 01:51 PM.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Fields is the better playmaker, and in the NFL thats what wins as a QB, he also processes plays quicker than Wilson, has a better arm and delivered against NFL quality opposition.

Even an injured Fields against Alabama showed me more than what Wilson's best game did.

Fields is a top 5 QB.
    Wilson is worth a lower top 10, and if Lance shows out at the combine, he may overtake Wilson.
    Lance is such a fun wildcard. I know he was basically like the best player on a team of seniors playing all freshman teams but he is something to watch and he has a rocket for an arm and a quick release.
    I know people talk about him sinking a bit too much but I think that's a really easy fix.

I will be really curious how he grades out at the combine.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Lance is such a fun wildcard. I know he was basically like the best player on a team of seniors playing all freshman teams but he is something to watch and he has a rocket for an arm and a quick release.
    I know people talk about him sinking a bit too much but I think that's a really easy fix.

I will be really curious how he grades out at the combine.
    For sure.

Normally, I only look at the combine as verification and no reason why a player should really rise but can fall in the draft.
    However because of the pandemic, the combine will be crucial for players, especially those who either sat out or missed significant time this year, that need to prove themselves against others that have game footage.

Lance, Rousseau, and to a lesser extent, Jamarr Chase perhaps being the top 3 in that regard.

Lance will probably be the most interesting to watch, as he is probably the best QB athlete this year.
    Last edited by MrX27; 01-14-2021 at 01:52 PM.

Normally, I only look at the combine as verification and no reason why a player should really rise but can fall in the draft.
    However because of the pandemic, the combine will be crucial for players, especially those who either sat out or missed significant time this year, that need to prove themselves against others that have game footage.

Lance, Rousseau, and to a lesser extent, Jamarr Chase perhaps being the top 3 in that regard.

Lance will probably be the most interesting to watch, as he is probably the best QB athlete this year.
    He certainly seems to be. If he comes out and runs in the mid 4s, has a couple other very good drills and shows the ball 70 yards, I think he will jump fields. If he rolls out a 4.75 and has solid but not great other measurable, I think he's the 4th qb off the board.

Again, the competition is nowhere near him on the field but watching how smooth, calmly and quickly he moves in the pocket is awesome

Ignorance is bliss

He certainly seems to be. If he comes out and runs in the mid 4s, has a couple other very good drills and shows the ball 70 yards, I think he will jump fields. If he rolls out a 4.75 and has solid but not great other measurable, I think he's the 4th qb off the board.

Again, the competition is nowhere near him on the field but watching how smooth, calmly and quickly he moves in the pocket is awesome
    For some reason I see us trading back from #2 and maybe getting a WR or something and then also trading up from #23 into the teens for Lance. Think they try to scheme Lance into being an xfactor weapon similar to RGIII his rookie year under Shanahan

Quote Originally Posted by JetNation View Post
    For some reason I see us trading back from #2 and maybe getting a WR or something and then also trading up from #23 into the teens for Lance. Think they try to scheme Lance into being an xfactor weapon similar to RGIII his rookie year under Shanahan
    I was kind of thinking along those lines. If they trade back and get more assets, they could always trade back into the first. I could see them giving someone both of Seattle's picks to jump up to get another player.

I love Smith. He's a video game but I would be worried about a physical corner pressing him and as tough as he is, I don't know how he will handle the physicality of the NFL. But my lord would he be fun to watch.

Ignorance is bliss

I was kind of thinking along those lines. If they trade back and get more assets, they could always trade back into the first. I could see them giving someone both of Seattle's picks to jump up to get another player.

I love Smith. He's a video game but I would be worried about a physical corner pressing him and as tough as he is, I don't know how he will handle the physicality of the NFL. But my lord would he be fun to watch.
    You could always motion Smith making it harder to jam him at the LoS.

Either he or Jamarr will be there at #5 for the taking if the Jets trade down.

I still would not be enthused about retaining Sam as starting QB, but we'll see where this goes as we get closer to draft day.

Page 39 of 48 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast