Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 62 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast

Thread: Nfl draft 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    If the Texans asked for the #2 pick this year and Seattles' first next year, would you do it?

Also, not being a big proponent of Wilson, here's a thought. The Jets trade the number 2 pick. The bounce back and can still take a guy like Pitts and add another first next year.

Then, next year when the Watson stuff calms down, they can offer 3 firsts and a second for him. That still leaves them with a second and the rest of their picks.
    Iíll take either of your scenarios

I was listening to NFL Network and they said that other than QB, next year's draft will be loaded with talent and that a lot of teams will be looking to trade current year picks in later rounds and pick up more assets next year. Maybe trading for a first, second and fourth for next year was a good strategy by Douglas.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    I was listening to NFL Network and they said that other than QB, next year's draft will be loaded with talent and that a lot of teams will be looking to trade current year picks in later rounds and pick up more assets next year. Maybe trading for a first, second and fourth for next year was a good strategy by Douglas.
    Unless there is a no brainer pick or a guy the team absolutely loves, I always think it is. It's why I would be fine if they traded the 2 for an extra first next year. There is no reason you couldn't roll over 2 of those picks to the next year and have 3 first to trade up for a qb in a draft that has more talent at that position.

Ignorance is bliss

Unless there is a no brainer pick or a guy the team absolutely loves, I always think it is. It's why I would be fine if they traded the 2 for an extra first next year. There is no reason you couldn't roll over 2 of those picks to the next year and have 3 first to trade up for a qb in a draft that has more talent at that position.
    Maybe thatís why Douglas wanted a second for next year with Sam?

The time to get a QB is this year.
    Next year is a very weak QB class.

Quote Originally Posted by mrx27 View Post
    the time to get a qb is this year.
    Next year is a very weak qb class.
    ^^^^^^^this^^^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    The time to get a QB is this year.
    Next year is a very weak QB class.
    Honestly hear that every year, and then thereís 1 generational talent out of the wood works and 3 canít miss QBs lol.

Not saying your wrong but year after year the time is NOW to draft a QB because next year isnít as good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    Honestly hear that every year, and then thereís 1 generational talent out of the wood works and 3 canít miss QBs lol.

Not saying your wrong but year after year the time is NOW to draft a QB because next year isnít as good.

Anyone think next year's QB prospects compare favorably with this year's crop?

Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Anyone think next year's QB prospects compare favorably with this year's crop?
    Maybe not right now, but one good season pushes guys up the board every year.

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

Yes, but it still doesn't make next year's crop better, just because they were pushed up the boards.

It's why the 49ers gave up 3 1sts rounders this year.
    And why the Panthers traded for Darnold and may still be looking to trade up for a QB this year.
    It's why the Jets told Philly and San Francisco that they weren't budging from the #2 spot.

Nfl draft 2021

Yeah I doubt next yearís crops of QBs comes close to this years. Lawrence has been hyped for years and is the best #1 QB prospect weíve seen since Luck. Wilson and Fields could easily be #1 picks in other draft classes based on talent and production. Teams could talk themselves into Lance or Jones too.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Yeah I doubt next yearís crops of QBs comes close to this years. Lawrence has been hyped for years and is the best #1 QB prospect weíve seen since Luck. Wilson and Fields could easily be #1 picks in other draft classes based on talent and production. Teams could talk themselves into Lance or Jones too.
    This.

From what I read next year's draft class is going to be good for position players. in fact, two top prospects are Edge Rushers. They are saying that next year there's one QB who might crash the top 5 if all goes well. In This year's draft you had Trevor Lawrence, who among other tremendous attributes has played in 90 games against top competition and has been to the CFS all 4 years. Then you have his shadow Justin Fields and others. Heck, even Trask, who was a Heisman Trophy candidate is not going until probably round 2. Next year, if there is a Trask, he's likely to go top 5.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang

I agree. I don't know that there will be a TL in next years draft but there will be 3-4 guys like Wilson-Fields-Lance and Jones.

2014- Bortles, Maziel, Bridgewater
    2015- Winston, Mariota
    2016- Goff, Wentz, Lynch
    2017 Trubisky- Mahomes- Watson
    2018- Mayfield, Sam, Allen, Rosen
    2019. Murray, Jones, Haskins
    2020- Burrow, Tua, Herbert, Love

Those are all the QBs taken in the first round since 2014. 2013 only have one and 2012 had another 4.
    On the above list, some guys were known coming into the season and other became known during the season or the combine.

This draft has-
    TL-Wilson-Fields-Lance- Jones-Trask- Mills are all potential first round picks. 7. Thats a ton
    I really like Lance and Mills. I like Fields.

The think I consider is if you are not in love with the pick at 2. Trade it and get another first next year. then take a QB at 23. You can always trade up next year.

Ignorance is bliss

NFL Network had its annual Sunday night before the draft first round mock draft last night with sportscasters from the network making each pick and no trades. The two sportscasters picking for the Jets took Zach Wilson and Landon Dickerson. I like getting help on the interior offensive line, but it seemed like a bit of a reach. He is a good center, but has repaired ligaments in both knees. On the other hand, he did a somersault on his pro day when he wasn't supposed to be healed yet, so maybe the injuries aren't that bad. interestingly Farley was on the board and was picked the next pick.

I was watching that and I thought he'd still be available at 34. If not him, then Creed.

Page 62 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast