Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 94 of 96 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596 LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 1436

Thread: Nfl draft 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post

It always feels better when someone stops kicking you in the nuts. By hiring and keeping Gase, the Jets effectively kicked us in the nuts the last two years. The pain has gone.
    The pain may not be gone. Let’s see how Wilson vs Lawrence pans out, the pain may last 15+ years

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    The pain may not be gone. Let’s see how Wilson vs Lawrence pans out, the pain may last 15+ years
    Gase is gone. Gase was a kick in the nuts from his signing. Then after his first season it was a double down. on the nut shot. Then after the start to the season and not seeing him gone but rather being him called a "brilliant offensive mind" was yet another shot.

I agree, the long term pain may not yet be gone but the humiliating and repeated kicks in the crotch over the last 2.5 years is gone. There is reason to hope.

Ignorance is bliss

It always feels better when someone stops kicking you in the nuts. By hiring and keeping Gase, the Jets effectively kicked us in the nuts the last two years. The pain has gone.
    I saw it coming and wore a cup.
    No pain.

Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    I saw it coming and wore a cup.
    No pain.
    Hated the move when it was a rumor, nearly vomited when it was official...no cup was stopping a freight train of a kick to the nuts

Hated the move when it was a rumor, nearly vomited when it was official...no cup was stopping a freight train of a kick to the nuts
    Try living in Miami and having all 6 dolfans rag on you for hiring their dumpster fire...

Gase is gone. Gase was a kick in the nuts from his signing. Then after his first season it was a double down. on the nut shot. Then after the start to the season and not seeing him gone but rather being him called a "brilliant offensive mind" was yet another shot.

I agree, the long term pain may not yet be gone but the humiliating and repeated kicks in the crotch over the last 2.5 years is gone. There is reason to hope.
    Oddly enough, it was in bringing back Gase, for the 2nd year, that enabled the Jets to land Saleh.
    Silver lining (maybe).

Gotta love how the players react to Saleh's charisma in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
    Try living in Miami and having all 6 dolfans rag on you for hiring their dumpster fire...
    Lol that’s awful...truly awful

Oddly enough, it was in bringing back Gase, for the 2nd year, that enabled the Jets to land Saleh.
    Silver lining (maybe).

Saleh as our coach was absolutely the best candidate, reminds of Rex without the cockiness (I didn’t mind it). If we ended up with Lawrence, I would be happier for the silver linings, but I’m not sold on Wilson’s durability

Silver lining (maybe).

It’s like we’re the North Dolphins.
    Gut wrenching, patience testing, loyalty questioning run with a horrendous coach
    Watch players want to exit as fast as possible
    Watch your top 10 drafted QB fall apart
    Demoralize the team, the fans, the entire organization
    Get fired
    Load up on draft picks
    Hire a new intense coach
    Draft an undersized QB in the top 10
    Rejuvenate the fan base

Maybe we found what Gase is really good at? He resets the organization. Many times teams are caught in mediocrity, winning 5-6 games in a bad year or 8-9 in a good year and ownership doesn’t know how to start over.

That’s where Gase comes in, it’s like hitting the nuke button. Just blow the whole thing up, destroy everything top to bottom

So maybe this is it? We’re climbing out of the rubble, a new day is here
    #WeSurvivedGase
    #BiggerBetterStronger

Nfl draft 2021

I wouldn’t call a 6’2” QB “undersized.”

Average QB height ranges from 6’2” to 6’4”

214 lbs is solid too, even if he might play at 210 lbs. Zach could potentially get to 215-220 lbs with an NFL diet and training regimen.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post

214 lbs is solid too, even if he might play at 210 lbs. Zach could potentially get to 215-220 lbs with an NFL diet and training regimen.
    Wilson’s frame is undersized. You can’t tell me you look at him and think he’s average or solid. He’s the size of Mekhi’s left scapula

I forget where I read it, but someone pointed out he’s got big, strong legs. Watching some of the rookie minicamp highlights, he does look to have strong legs

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang

My friend, 6'3" 225 is the "reported average".
    Guys liike Wilson and Tua are shorter but way denser. The only guys starting, I think are similar or smaller framed would be Murray, Carr and Cousins
    He is undersized. Even by just looking at him he looks slight. I actually think 210 is a stretch
    Looking at his frame, he may have some room to fill out but not a ton. I agree about 215-220 being his max size.
    You never know, people grow and fill out differently so stranger things have happened.

Ignorance is bliss

Nfl draft 2021

Wilson’s frame is undersized. You can’t tell me you look at him and think he’s average or solid. He’s the size of Mekhi’s left scapula

I forget where I read it, but someone pointed out he’s got big, strong legs. Watching some of the rookie minicamp highlights, he does look to have strong legs
    My friend, 6'3" 225 is the "reported average".
    Guys liike Wilson and Tua are shorter but way denser. The only guys starting, I think are similar or smaller framed would be Murray, Carr and Cousins
    He is undersized. Even by just looking at him he looks slight. I actually think 210 is a stretch
    Looking at his frame, he may have some room to fill out but not a ton. I agree about 215-220 being his max size.
    You never know, people grow and fill out differently so stranger things have happened.
    Wilson is 1” and 8 lbs less than the average.

Average NFL QB: 6’3” 222 lbs — BMI 27.7
    Zach Wilson: 6’2” 214 lbs — BMI 27.5

So he’s very slightly undersized overall, but he’s pretty much where he should be for a 6’2” QB coming out of college so I don’t see how his size is a concern. His size is pretty much exactly the same as Watson (6’2” 215), Bridgewater (6’2” 215 lbs), and Lamar (6’2” 212 lbs). Russell Wilson put on 10 lbs since he was drafted.

Tannehill is 6’4” but only 217 lbs. Ryan is 6’4” and only 217 lbs as well. Alex Smith is 6’4” and only 215 lbs. Daniel Jones is 6’5” and only 220 lbs. These are the leaner QBs in the league as well as the Carr and Cousins who you already mentioned. You guys make it sound like Wilson is 6’1” 200 lbs, but he’s not.
    Last edited by YoungStuna; 05-12-2021 at 11:51 AM.

Lol....not the BMI argument.

Zach Wilson is not undersized per say, HOWEVER he is definitely thin-framed.
    And even at his max weight, I doubt he'll have a solid build.

We'll see how he reacts to being hit a couple times.

Wilson is 1” and 8 lbs less than the average.

Average NFL QB: 6’3” 222 lbs — BMI 27.7
    Zach Wilson: 6’2” 214 lbs — BMI 27.5

So he’s very slightly undersized overall, but he’s pretty much where he should be for a 6’2” QB coming out of college so I don’t see how his size is a concern. His size is pretty much exactly the same as Watson (6’2” 215), Bridgewater (6’2” 215 lbs), and Lamar (6’2” 212 lbs). Russell Wilson put on 10 lbs since he was drafted.

Tannehill is 6’4” but only 217 lbs. Ryan is 6’4” and only 217 lbs as well. Alex Smith is 6’4” and only 215 lbs. Daniel Jones is 6’5” and only 220 lbs. These are the leaner QBs in the league as well as the Carr and Cousins who you already mentioned. You guys make it sound like Wilson is 6’1” 200 lbs, but he’s not.
    Wilson weighs 214 with his pads, helmet and cleats on.

And of the QBs you named, Wilson is leaner than them and those QBs haven't had double surgery on their shoulders.
    Last edited by MrX27; 05-12-2021 at 02:28 PM.