Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 92 of 96 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 1436

Thread: Nfl draft 2021

Nfl draft 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Great draft overall, Joe did more for Zach than Mac did for Sam.
    Zach looks like he has all the tools to be a special QB, but we will have to see. Great Accuracy & arm strength.

AVT is the best interior OL in the draft. An All-Pro IOL. He is a top 10 prospect according to Brandt and Kiper. With Becton, the can become the next Shell and Upshaw.

Elijah Moore reminds me of Steve Smith, was going back and forth between him and Jenkins at 34. Moore will be the best WR on this team by year's end.

Michael Carter is going to be solid for this team especially running behind AVT and Becton.

Two UDFA that should stick is Yeboah, TE out of Ole Miss who kicked the crap out of Alabama.
    Isaiah Dunn CB, Oregon State, sub 4.4 40 speed.

I have seen reports that there were roughly 18 prospects with 1st round grade. That's why they moved up to get AVT. If anything the Jets should be fun to watch.
    Back from the dead! Glad to have you back here Clay. Jets should definitely be fun to watch to watch this year.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Back from the dead! Glad to have you back here Clay. Jets should definitely be fun to watch to watch this year.
    Thatís what Iím looking for this year... youth development and implementation of the new offensive/defensive systems, and just some goddamn exciting football that doesnít put me to sleep before halftime

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    For sure but I wouldn't sleep on the defense this year. I think they will be better than last year by quite a bit.
    We still need a dominant edge and a #1 CB but maybe a couple guys step up under Saleh and become those guys.

I have infinitely more confidence in Saleh than I did in Gase. I know that's not saying much because I had zero confidence in Gase but I think Saleh is the real deal.
    Donít forget that fvcktard Gase didnít know how to run the ball and eat the clock. Weíd gain 7 yards rushing and Gase would nearly bust because he had 2 passing plays to gain 3 yards. Of course play #1 was a long developing pass play with no extra protection, end result is a sack and loss of 9 yards and 3rd and long...get the punt team ready, itíll be another 3 and out

Hopefully with the new offense we will control time of possession, keep our defense off the field and fresh which should lead to a better defense

Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
    Thatís what Iím looking for this year... youth development and implementation of the new offensive/defensive systems, and just some goddamn exciting football that doesnít put me to sleep before halftime
    You made it to halftime? Impressive

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    You made it to halftime? Impressive
    ďBeforeĒ halftime... that could be the opening drive

I think you can grade the Jets draft two different ways. If you look at their draft as it is, they drafted their hopeful franchise QB, got a guard that will go with Becton to solidify the left side of the line for the next 12-15 years, got a top notch WR at the top of round 2, and a potential home run pick at RB in the 4th round. Add in a lot of potential in the defensive backfield/hybrid LB picks the Jets really did incredibly well in that regard.

With that said, I could also argue that there were missed opportunities in this draft because of the trade for Vera Tucker. I understand people will call it "revisionist theory" with what I am about to say, I could argue the Jets could have done better if they had done nothing but stayed where they were. If the Jets stayed where they are, here potentially could have been their draft:

#2-- QB Zach Wilson
    #23-- WR Rashod Bateman
    #34-- OC Creed Humphrey
    #66-- OG Wyatt Davis
    #86-- LB Jabril Cox
    Eichel Tower

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Great draft overall, Joe did more for Zach than Mac did for Sam.
    Zach looks like he has all the tools to be a special QB, but we will have to see. Great Accuracy & arm strength.

AVT is the best interior OL in the draft. An All-Pro IOL. He is a top 10 prospect according to Brandt and Kiper. With Becton, the can become the next Shell and Upshaw.

Elijah Moore reminds me of Steve Smith, was going back and forth between him and Jenkins at 34. Moore will be the best WR on this team by year's end.

Michael Carter is going to be solid for this team especially running behind AVT and Becton.

Two UDFA that should stick is Yeboah, TE out of Ole Miss who kicked the crap out of Alabama.
    Isaiah Dunn CB, Oregon State, sub 4.4 40 speed.

I have seen reports that there were roughly 18 prospects with 1st round grade. That's why they moved up to get AVT. If anything the Jets should be fun to watch.
    I'm iffy on Wilson, so he have to prove himself to me.

But the rest of the draft was strategically impressive.
    Moore, Carter.and Yeboah could all be serious offensive producers going forward.

Defensively, Salah has tons of new toys, though we still need another Edge/DE.
    Unless Huff, Jabari or whoever else can become a consistent performer.

Quinnen out 8-10 weeks... should be ready for start if season tho

Quinnen out 8-10 weeks... should be ready for start if season tho
    Broken foot

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Lord

Ignorance is bliss

We need a back up QB. Should we sign Nick Mullens who was the backup QB at SF? Should we wait for June 1st & trade a low level pick for Nick Foles with Chicago eating much of the salary?

Something Else?

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    We need a back up QB. Should we sign Nick Mullens who was the backup QB at SF? Should we wait for June 1st & trade a low level pick for Nick Foles with Chicago eating much of the salary?

Something Else?
    Definitely on board with waiting for foles to be cut... rather him than hoyer, despite the experience in this system

Definitely on board with waiting for foles to be cut... rather him than hoyer, despite the experience in this system
    I wanted the jets to bring in Foles badly when KC released him but instead they wasted the year on Fitz. I was contemplating making a new thread for this discussion but I'll post here for now...

I know we brought in pieces to try and help Wilson nowish but just with our history, I would honestly prefer that he sit the entire season or at the very least half of it. What do you guys think...do you want Wilson to start immediately or sit for all/portion of the season?

Quote Originally Posted by LVC View Post
    I wanted the jets to bring in Foles badly when KC released him but instead they wasted the year on Fitz. I was contemplating making a new thread for this discussion but I'll post here for now...

I know we brought in pieces to try and help Wilson nowish but just with our history, I would honestly prefer that he sit the entire season or at the very least half of it. What do you guys think...do you want Wilson to start immediately or sit for all/portion of the season?
    Iíve always been the type that wants a QB to sit for a year, however with the way JD likes to preserve cap space, I donít see it happening. If anything, I think Wilson is more ready pro ready than most so itís ok to start him. Iím sure heíll have a pretty bad season, but at least weíll see if he can take an NFL hit

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by LVC View Post

100%. At the very least, bring in someone to have a legit competition for the first part of the season. Make him earn it.
    I would love to see him sit and learn for at least some, if not all of the season.

Ignorance is bliss

Page 92 of 96 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394 ... LastLast