Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    The opts out and FA defections have hurt. They lost Hightower at LB who is a huge glue piece for them. They also lost Chung, who is a safety technically, but is a huge part of their overall LB scheme because of how he plays TE. That's in addition to the FA defections of Jamie Collins and Kyle Van Noy (Elandon Roberts also, but to a way lesser degree).
    I don't think defection is the right word here.

The opts out and FA defections have hurt. They lost Hightower at LB who is a huge glue piece for them. They also lost Chung, who is a safety technically, but is a huge part of their overall LB scheme because of how he plays TE. That's in addition to the FA defections of Jamie Collins and Kyle Van Noy (Elandon Roberts also, but to a way lesser degree).

They were already kind of weak on the interior DL (also been battling some there this year to make matters worse). The influx of uncertainty at the LB level now has compounded this issue. So the secondary is still great, but the front 7 isn't really good anymore at all. Lawrence Guy is super solid at DT and Winovich has emerged as a good full time player but otherwise the cupboard is pretty empty.
    I think most of us myself included were a little naive that Cam would fix it/hide it. This team has to many holes that's for sure. Just gotta hope past couple of drafts pan out and this one coming up is huge plus a good FA and we should be back. The qb situation though ugh. As much as I don't think Jimmy is amazing atleast he would have the O mastered and is just solid and with Bill that's all you need.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    One More Time

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    I don't think defection is the right word here.
    haha idk what got in my head I meant departures

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

They were already kind of weak on the interior DL (also been battling some there this year to make matters worse). The influx of uncertainty at the LB level now has compounded this issue. So the secondary is still great, but the front 7 isn't really good anymore at all. Lawrence Guy is super solid at DT and Winovich has emerged as a good full time player but otherwise the cupboard is pretty empty.
    Yeah, Hightower and Chung are huge losses so far. Honestly Marquise Lee would be a huge improvement over most of these WRs too, but still not exactly ideal.

Looks like Cams getting benched for Stiddy.

I feel bad for Cam. He gets such a bad rap from people but by all indications he's been great. He works hard. He's gone out of his way to try and shoulder the blame and shield any of our younger receivers who to be brutally honest are trash. It just isn't working for him here. He doesn't process things quick enough and his natural talent doesn't bail him out anymore. And he certainly can't be carried by the guys around him.

LOL Raiders OG Gabe Jackson ejected for a community service of a rectal exam.

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    Everyone knew the offense would be bad, because it honestly was bad last year. But the defense is atrocious for how much talent it has in the secondary.

Cams definitely playing poorly, but the defense has also failed to get a stop minus the first pick. I thought this defense would be good enough to win 6 games alone.
    This is like Jets bad only difference is we have Belichick as the HC take him away and this would be a 2-14 team which is could be possible.

I feel bad for Cam. He gets such a bad rap from people but by all indications he's been great. He works hard. He's gone out of his way to try and shoulder the blame and shield any of our younger receivers who to be brutally honest are trash. It just isn't working for him here. He doesn't process things quick enough and his natural talent doesn't bail him out anymore. And he certainly can't be carried by the guys around him.
    This is just a huge problem for him.

I donít when you have a chance to play for one of the greatest teams/coaches in the last 20 yrs and then sign a deal that could make you a starter for years to come and you play like crap thatís when Iím scratching my head. Bill was smart for only giving him a yr he obviously knows Cams not the right guy.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    This is just a huge problem for him.
    It's funny, I see people post complications if Brady just throwing dump offs and use it as "evidence" he sucks. What people don't appreciate is that he's already made his reads before the play. He knows what to expect from the defense just based on his preparation and knowledge of schemes so once the ball is snapped he's just checking things quickly and by the time he's on his 3rd step he already knows he's going to the check down on that play.

Cam just doesn't process the game that quickly. It's like night and day. You can just see it over and over again. He's at the bottom of his drop and he's still trying to figure out where to go with the football. He's late on everything. By the time he does find a guy who's open (which admittedly is a loose term with our receivers lol) the defense has already realized he's open too and they're closing in on him as the ball is in the air.

If that's the way you play the game you need to just be insanely talented. Which he was. But the years have taken a toll on his legs and his arm. He just can't hack it playing like that anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    I donít when you have a chance to play for one of the greatest teams/coaches in the last 20 yrs and then sign a deal that could make you a starter for years to come and you play like crap thatís when Iím scratching my head. Bill was smart for only giving him a yr he obviously knows Cams not the right guy.
    Lol this is literally an offense so underpowered that Brady ran away from it. Everyone who watched the 2019 Pats knew the offense was really bad and being carried by the defense holding teams to 10 points most weeks.

It's also a new team for him. There's going to be kinks for any QB switching teams, but Cam is also healthy for the first time since 2018, so there's a ton of rust.

Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    All you can ever ask of a guy is to work hard and try his best. You sound bratty and entitled when you say things like this. He's not trying to play like crap. He's just not very good anymore. But anyone in the organization has been praising his work ethic. That's all you can ask for.

Raiders Agholor with his best Eagles Agholor impression.

****ing Stidham. How dare he voluntarily suck when given the opportunity to play for the greatest team and coaches.

Herbert just toss the perfect bomb to tie the game! [emoji33]

Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast