Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    I'm sure the weather, no income tax and Pat Riley are huge factors as well lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    No preference. Booker perhaps cause he would be with his 2 bffs and not want out haha
    Yeah I personally like Simmons better, but would be equally happy squiring either I think.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Not a bad haul.
    Lol

Listened to a heat media podcast tonight. Wes Matthews wants to come to Miami but heís torn on it because he loves being in Milwaukee. Jimmy is recruiting him hard.

Paul Millsap wants to be in Miami bad. Apparently it wouldnít take any convincing, the Heat would just have to discuss his offer if Miami wants him. So it looks like there was some truth to the report of splitting the MLE between Matthews and Millsap. Maybe we work one into cap space though.

Miami is also looking at some guys like LMA who could be a major boost next season but are still expiring. Theyíd start him like the did Meyers when we had an elite offense, LMA would make that even better. I believe the starting lineup with Meyers was among the top lineups in the league.

Listened to a heat media podcast tonight. Wes Matthews wants to come to Miami but heís torn on it because he loves being in Milwaukee. Jimmy is recruiting him hard.

Paul Millsap wants to be in Miami bad. Apparently it wouldnít take any convincing, the Heat would just have to discuss his offer if Miami wants him. So it looks like there was some truth to the report of splitting the MLE between Matthews and Millsap. Maybe we work one into cap space though.

Miami is also looking at some guys like LMA who could be a major boost next season but are still expiring. Theyíd start him like the did Meyers when we had an elite offense, LMA would make that even better. I believe the starting lineup with Meyers was among the top lineups in the league.
    Miami has flexibility to use the Non-tax payer MLE $9,720,900, and the Bi-Annual Exception $3,804,150. And I think both of those figures are fair value for Millsap and Matthews respectively. They don't need to split it unless they overpay Dragić/Crowder (effectively making themselves a luxury tax team).

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Miami has flexibility to use the Non-tax payer MLE $9,720,900, and the Bi-Annual Exception $3,804,150. And I think both of those figures are fair value for Millsap and Matthews respectively. They don't need to split it unless they overpay Dragic/Crowder (effectively making themselves a luxury tax team).
    I doubt the heat use the BAE, as it triggers the hard cap.

I doubt the heat use the BAE, as it triggers the hard cap.
    They were hard capped last season. How did that work out? 🤔

Nah, seriously though Miami will be fine.

Scenario: Leonard, Hill, Crowder walk, Kelly opts in, Dragić signs a 1+1 team option contract $18M per, Miami uses both exceptions to add Millsap & Matthews. That scenario would have 12 players signed for $113M. Still room to resign Derrick Jones Jr if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    They were hard capped last season. How did that work out? [emoji848]

Nah, seriously though Miami will be fine.

Scenario: Leonard, HilBAc Crowder walk, Kelly opts in, Dragisigns a 1+1 team option contract $18M per, Miami uses both exceptions to add Millsap & Matthews. That scenario would have 12 players signed for $113M. Still room to resign Derrick Jones Jr if needed.
    I just think it's a lil different scenario to be hard capped to receive James Butler in a S&T. Versus being hard capped to sign an over the hill vet using the BAE.

Teams can start making trades Nov.16th so we still have 10 days until we get some sort of activity. I donít see why they canít just make trades now that the season is over.

Teams can start making trades Nov.16th so we still have 10 days until we get some sort of activity. I donít see why they canít just make trades now that the season is over.
    I agree but they're probably trying to get the cap figured out.

I agree but they're probably trying to get the cap figured out.
    Good point didnít think about that

Kevin Love available to no ones surprise.

Good point didnít think about that
    Idk whose contract is worse, outta him and Horford.

Idk whose contract is worse, outta him and Horford.
    Love is worse easily.

At least Horford is durable and plays defense. Love is made of glass.

Can't do transactions for next year until the current year officially ends, and they want teams (including playoff teams) to get enough time to prepare and react to whatever happens with their own free agents/player options/team options/coaching changes/exec changes. The idea is to start the official next season with all that stuff taken care of and THEN go on to outside free agents and draft picks. It makes even more sense this year than most where there is generally way more time than is needed after the last game of the finals.

Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast