Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Since we are going to have a top 7 pick if not top 4. What do we do?

Do you pay Dak and hope Parsons falls to you or just trade up for him and roll with this roster given all the dead money prohibiting you from a rebuild.

Or do you trade up for Lawrence/Fields since we should have 10 or more picks in this draft with comp picks and spend the next three years building the defense and rebuilding the O-Line around him.

We can get out of Coopers contracts really after next year if we really wanted too but for sure after 2022. You can keep Gallup and Lamb. RB should no longer be a financial investment that's not what this league is today. So you can have a good, not great one for 4 years, let him walk and replace him in the middle rounds again.

Or do you again pay Dak then spend the next two years retooling the defense and OL as it ages and continues to get hurt to give you a one year window to win it all in three years before you cut ties with the salaries?

Donít be so sure about that top 10 pick. If Dallas wins the East they will be picking between 20-25. The rest of the NFC East should be picking in the top 10.

If one of the other East teams win the division and Dallas does end up in the top 10 I think the go with the best defensive player on the board. I expect Dak to get his money from the Cowboys and they will go heavy on defense in the draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Donít be so sure about that top 10 pick. If Dallas wins the East they will be picking between 20-25. The rest of the NFC East should be picking in the top 10.

If one of the other East teams win the division and Dallas does end up in the top 10 I think the go with the best defensive player on the board. I expect Dak to get his money from the Cowboys and they will go heavy on defense in the draft.

Thats scary. Thats how we got in this position in the first place, not talking about paying Dak but going heavy on one side of the ball instead of going for balance so we are always chasing one side of the ball every other draft or so.

Its really scary when you consider McClay cant find talent outside of the third round.

So your option is to pay Dak and spend three years retooling the team for a one season window.

Your choice but we need two DT's, two safeties, at least two corners, and one maybe two LB while sitting money bags Jaylon on the bench till we can cut him. If you think we can fill those holes in the draft next year, good luck. Hope we do, don't see it happening. To count on that many rookies making that type of impact is a wet dream and we have no cash for anyone but Dak.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken McNugz View Post
    Thats scary. Thats how we got in this position in the first place, not talking about paying Dak but going heavy on one side of the ball instead of going for balance so we are always chasing one side of the ball every other draft or so.

Its really scary when you consider McClay cant find talent outside of the third round.

So your option is to pay Dak and spend three years retooling the team for a one season window.

Your choice but we need two DT's, two safeties, at least two corners, and one maybe two LB while sitting money bags Jaylon on the bench till we can cut him. If you think we can fill those holes in the draft next year, good luck. Hope we do, don't see it happening. To count on that many rookies making that type of impact is a wet dream and we have no cash for anyone but Dak.
    What is the other option? Trade multiple 1st round picks to move from 7ish to #1? Then wait 2 years for him to develop? Either way your window is very small. By the time the new QB is ready to start they would have to rebuild the entire team. Zeke will likely be gone by then. They will have to make a decision on Cooper and also pay Gallup.

This team is so terrible that there is no easy fix. Drafting a QB top 3 is not going to solve this teams problems. They have a known commodity in Dak. Pay him and use the picks to restock the team. They have to start using some premium picks on the defensive side. Ignoring the defense is why they are in the position they are in now.

Jerry needs to start trading/walking away from players like New England does. T Smith should have been traded for 1st round pick 2 years ago. D-Law should have never been given that contract same with Elliot. Dak is going to be given $40 million and the whole team is going to suffer for that contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    What is the other option? Trade multiple 1st round picks to move from 7ish to #1? Then wait 2 years for him to develop? Either way your window is very small. By the time the new QB is ready to start they would have to rebuild the entire team. Zeke will likely be gone by then. They will have to make a decision on Cooper and also pay Gallup.

This team is so terrible that there is no easy fix. Drafting a QB top 3 is not going to solve this teams problems. They have a known commodity in Dak. Pay him and use the picks to restock the team. They have to start using some premium picks on the defensive side. Ignoring the defense is why they are in the position they are in now.

Yeah that is my plan, not to sit him but to play him. Listen by the time the defense is good the OL is going to be shot. This isnt 2014, by the time the defense is at least average we will be 8 years removed from 2014 with that OL. So now you have to chase fixing the OL in drafts, then you have to go back to chasing the defense again, then when thats fixed again you have to chase the offense again.

And who gives a flying frick about Zeke. Man shouldn't have been paid here anyway and hes not going to play the duration of his contract out here unless the Joneses make another stupid decision and re-structure him thus making more years where he can't be cut without losing money to the cap.

That doesn't mean Zeke sucks, it means someone else can be stupid and pay him.

Coopers dead money hit is 6 million after 2022 and really if you wanted to eat a little for a year you can trade/cut him after 2021 because how drastically the dead money drops off for 2022,23 and 24, Its 6 in 22, 4 in 23, and 2 in 24, numbers in millions. I like Cooper too but it makes too much sense to keep the younger Gallup and Lamb.

And as much as I am a Dak fan, guess what. A rookie QB doesnt cost you anything so you have an extra 30 million dollars next year to spend on improving the team in free agency instead of Dak getting at least 37 million which he will get because thats his tag number so the price for a long term deal starts there. Cowboys have NO leverage in negotiations even with him coming off an injury. Its either pay him what he wants, tag him or let him walk.

We differ on what should be done and that cool, no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    Jerry needs to start trading/walking away from players like New England does. T Smith should have been traded for 1st round pick 2 years ago. D-Law should have never been given that contract same with Elliot. Dak is going to be given $40 million and the whole team is going to suffer for that contract.
    Well thats what he is worth. Hes worth at least 37.1 million next year and if you dont think some other team will give him that or more in free agency I have a bridge you can buy in Brooklyn. But I agree that as much as I like Dak and he IS worth the money the best move is to start the rebuild.

If you arent good enough to compete for it all and you aren't tanking when you arent good enough. Well you are doing this sports franchise thing all wrong. There are no trophies or rings for being mediocre. At least tanking and rebuilding gives you an actual window to win in instead of hoping once every ten years players have their best year ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken McNugz View Post
    Yeah that is my plan, not to sit him but to play him. Listen by the time the defense is good the OL is going to be shot. This isnt 2014, by the time the defense is at least average we will be 8 years removed from 2014 with that OL. So now you have to chase fixing the OL in drafts, then you have to go back to chasing the defense again, then when thats fixed again you have to chase the offense again.

And who gives a flying frick about Zeke. Man shouldn't have been paid here anyway and hes not going to play the duration of his contract out here unless the Joneses make another stupid decision and re-structure him thus making more years where he can't be cut without losing money to the cap.

That doesn't mean Zeke sucks, it means someone else can be stupid and pay him.

Coopers dead money hit is 6 million after 2022 and really if you wanted to eat a little for a year you can trade/cut him after 2021 because how drastically the dead money drops off for 2022,23 and 24, Its 6 in 22, 4 in 23, and 2 in 24, numbers in millions. I like Cooper too but it makes too much sense to keep the younger Gallup and Lamb.

And as much as I am a Dak fan, guess what. A rookie QB doesnt cost you anything so you have an extra 30 million dollars next year to spend on improving the team in free agency instead of Dak getting at least 37 million which he will get because thats his tag number so the price for a long term deal starts there. Cowboys have NO leverage in negotiations even with him coming off an injury. Its either pay him what he wants, tag him or let him walk.

We differ on what should be done and that cool, no problems.
    The problem is the OL is already shot. Tyron is a walking injury, Connor Williams sucks, you still donít really know if Biadasz or McGovern are going to be any good and I fully expect Zack Martin to retire soon. Also will Collins be the same after his car wreck? Throwing a rookie QB behind this line is sure fire way to ruin him.

Now donít get me wrong. I would love to see the Cowboys strip this thing down and rebuild behind a top 3 QB draft pick. We have to be realistic here though. The Jonesí are not going to do that. They still think they have a team thatís close to winning the SB.

During the last quarter of the season they are going to all of sudden want to play for ďprideĒ and end up winning the division. They will get smoked in the 1st round and end up picking in the mid-20ís. They will then reach for a safety in the 1st round and he will end up sucking before his rookie contract is up. Jerry will still over pay to keep him though.