Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Is the NBA Heading Towards a LeBron-Durant IV Matchup?

2021 NBA Finals, when its all said and done, can possibly be Lakers vs Nets

If so, that would culminate in the 4th head-to-head finals matchup between LeBron James and Kevin Durant. LeBron won the first meeting in 2012 and Durant won the last 2 in 2017 & 2018.

Weve seen Heat LeBron vs Thunder Durant (once)

Weve seen Cavalier LeBron vs Warrior Durant (twice)

Are we headed towards Laker LeBron vs Net Durant ?

And if so ... can LeBron tie it up ? ... or Durant legacy wise catapult himself above LeBron and go up 3-1?

Thoughts.

17 and 18 hardly count. The narrative was much more LeBron vs Warriors or Cavs vs Warriors.

KD was so outta place, hence why he ultimately left. He said the narrative was always KD and the Warriors or the Warriors and KD, he never felt included. Which I mean, when a guy joins the greatest regular season team of all time who just whooped him, what does he expect.

There would be a cool side narrative to LBJ vs Kyrie as well.

Idk man, I feel the Lakers have a very tough road of a healthy Warriors and a rejuvenated Clippers. Not even considering any 3rd team that may emerge this "summer". LBJ is a gray bearded bald headed old man, obviously still got game but who knows for how much longer he can just carry a team to the finals. Lakers need retain AD and get them some more competent help.

The only real answer to this thread is "maybe???" I mean, it's pretty early to be asking these kinds of questions. The offseason hasn't started yet, and we haven't seen Durant play a minute of NBA basketball in a year and a half. We don't know what the Lakers' supporting cast will look like, how Durant will gel with Irving and the rest of the Nets squad, or what the rest of their respective conferences will look like.

They could meet in the Finals. It's also possible that neither team could make it to the Finals.

Not likely.

I mean there's alot of offseason to play out yet. The warriors are going to be good again next year, regardless of what they do with the pick. But there's definitely a non-zero chance they get another legit stud with their draft capital.

Clippers can make some moves and year 2 could help them grow.

Nuggets are still pretty good and could do a little maneuvering themselves. Plus, there's a chance of a true MPJ breakout that could jump them up a notch.

Plus the Lakers have moves to make yet too.

And in the East, the Bucks will likely make some adjustments. The heat and Celtics could both make moves yet. Who knows what Philly will do. Toronto is still good. So I'm not sure the Nets are for sure favorites, especially since we don't know what Durant will be and how that team meshes.

Why is everyone so quick to assume Durant will be 100% recovered top superstar level play?

-Benefits to Durant recovering 100%:
    A ruptured achilles usually spells the end of every player in NBA history with the exception of Dominique Wilkins. What's different about Nique is that the ruptured achilles was his off-leg, not his primary plant-leg. From what I understand, the same thing appears to apply to Durant with the injury on his secondary leg.

-Drawbacks to Durant recovering 100%:
    Nique was injured on January 28th of 1992 and was fully recovered to play just 10 months later on November 6th 1992. When media questioned Durant on returning to the bubble (12 months later) both he himself and his camp immediately ruled it out without hesitation. Maybe this is just being safe, or maybe it means his injury is more severe than Nique's case.

Either way it's worth discussion where Durant will even be as a player before this topic. Even if you think he'll be "fine" a drop to a 25 PPG is much different than himself at 100% full strength. At full strength we know he can compete for MVP, at 90% he cannot.

Durant at his age, and his injury, will probably resemble 80-90% of what he was, which is still an elite NBA player. Irving is a loser, and the Nets need way more help if they are going to threaten for a title. Could they make the finals in the east? Sure. Would they likely get blasted by the west team? Yes.

Let Durant play in a finals where he isn't seeing single coverage and wide open rim lanes all night, and see if he can handle the pressure..

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    17 and 18 hardly count. The narrative was much more LeBron vs Warriors or Cavs vs Warriors.

KD was so outta place, hence why he ultimately left. He said the narrative was always KD and the Warriors or the Warriors and KD, he never felt included. Which I mean, when a guy joins the greatest regular season team of all time who just whooped him, what does he expect.

There would be a cool side narrative to LBJ vs Kyrie as well.

Idk man, I feel the Lakers have a very tough road of a healthy Warriors and a rejuvenated Clippers. Not even considering any 3rd team that may emerge this "summer". LBJ is a gray bearded bald headed old man, obviously still got game but who knows for how much longer he can just carry a team to the finals. Lakers need retain AD and get them some more competent help.
    The Warriors have ALOT of work to do to get back in to contention.The splash brothers are great but the Warriors need to build a proper team around them. As it stands now Wiggins, Green and a lotterly pick in this draft aint cutting it. I do like Paschal but yeah they have alot of work to do.

Clippers are alot closer to being a threat if they get their **** together. I agree with you there.

Yep and Kyrie wont be there to save LeBron this time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Neither will be able to beat a healthy Heat team, so a lot like this season.

They only have 1 year to do it. After Giannis joins the Raps for 2022 it'll be Giannis vs LeBron.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post

Rofl

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    The Warriors have ALOT of work to do to get back in to contention.The splash brothers are great but the Warriors need to build a proper team around them. As it stands now Wiggins, Green and a lotterly pick in this draft aint cutting it. I do like Paschal but yeah they have alot of work to do.

Clippers are alot closer to being a threat if they get their **** together. I agree with you there.
    The Warriors are Steph and Klay, to a lesser extent Dray.

With the Iggy TPE, #2 pick and Wiggins contract, plus the Wolves 2021 1st rounder they have more than enough assets to upgrade that roster.

But honestly if they ran out Steph, Klay, Wiggins, Dray and Wiseman I'd give them as good a shot as anyone to come outta the West, as rosters stand currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Durant at his age, and his injury, will probably resemble 80-90% of what he was, which is still an elite NBA player. Irving is a loser, and the Nets need way more help if they are going to threaten for a title. Could they make the finals in the east? Sure. Would they likely get blasted by the west team? Yes.

Let Durant play in a finals where he isn't seeing single coverage and wide open rim lanes all night, and see if he can handle the pressure..
    Durant ain't that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post

Yeah he has AD now, so no last second heroics necesssary, or did you miss them just crush the league while Kyrie has sat the last 3 playoffs out. Somebody needs help and it aint Lebron. Kyrie is a janitor without Lebron by his side

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast