Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

MLB commissioner Rob Manfred wants to keep expanded playoffs, extra-innings rule beyo

the extra inning thing is something that will easily pass in my opinion because players and owners like it.... no **** players like it because they dont have to sit out there for 15 innings lol.... i just want the expanded playoffs and DH but having all 3 is fine.

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Expanded playoffs, yuck.

In my opinion: the reason owners want it, is they don't have to spend as much money to make the playoffs. They will get more money for being in the playoffs.

Gonna water down the sport, IMO.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

I can't wait for a team with a 77-85 record and in fourth place in their division to win the World Series.

The extra-inning rule is lame.
    Last edited by dodgerdave; 10-21-2020 at 02:44 AM.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    I can't wait for a team with a 77-85 record and in fourth place in their division to win the World Series.

The extra-inning rule is lame.

i know i give ya **** but never change... i was giddy when i read this because of you...

i can respect the love for the sport from you real talk

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post

i know i give ya **** but never change... i was giddy when i read this because of you...

i can respect the love for the sport from you real talk
    You must be a Trumptard.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Both are awful so of course he wants them to stay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You must be a Trumptard.
    na like last time and like this time both parties are awful..... i just understand unless **** evolves it dies... change is needed and this sport is the only sport that its old *** fans refuse any type of change out of stupidity and fear..... they wont keep this same playoff format of 16 but 12-14 is most likely and needed. The astros if i am mistaken almost made the world series as an under 500 team this season..... they deserved to be there but would have been ****ed because of injuries and not having the bank that the yankees/dodgers have... If you dont want change fine add a ****ing salary cap so teams stop having a competitive advantage of 100 plus million dollars a season then come at me
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 10-21-2020 at 03:11 AM.

oh wait thats right... idiots dont want change and let lesser teams in but are cool with teams spending 200 plus million compared to a team like the rays/braves etc... and yes i know they still made it but imagine if every team had to play by the same rules for the idiot ***** that DOESNT WANT THE SPORT TO CHANGE and letting bad teams in but are cool with their teams for years spending a billion plus dollars which is probably 4 times as much as the rays in that span.

where would the dodgers and rays be right now if both had to stick to the rays payroll???????????????????? thoughts?

I hate the extra inning rule, it's dumb. I like marathon games. If they are going to do it, at least wait until the 12th inning. I can't see the players agreeing to the expanded playoffs either, at least not 16 teams. It doesn't give teams as much incentive to spend money when they can be mediocre and still make the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    I hate the extra inning rule, it's dumb. I like marathon games. If they are going to do it, at least wait until the 12th inning. I can't see the players agreeing to the expanded playoffs either, at least not 16 teams. It doesn't give teams as much incentive to spend money when they can be mediocre and still make the playoffs.
    i am not a 90 year old idiot that refuses to change but i agree this is my least fav change... I am all for expanded playoff and full DH.... the extra inning rule shouldnt be until like the 13th inning or beyond like the 15th... that being said i understand it because all other sports are changing and changing because people dictate said change.... baseball is the only sport that refuse to change and its falling behind the NFL and NBA.... that isnt alright

The only changes i liked were the DH in the NL and 7 inning double headers. No thanks to expanded playoffs and the extra innings rule

Gonna be great when the best team in baseball loses a best of 3 series

You must be a Trumptard.
    It's funny how you believe anyone that doesn't think exactly the same as you must be a "Trumptard". Think what you may, but how about leave the political BS in the politics forum?

1. Runner on 2nd. I'm not a fan of it. BUT..would really prefer it doesn't go into effect until the 12th inning. Would be nice to at least have a couple regular extra innings. How many games really go past the 11th overall?
    2. If you're going to expand the playoff rounds you need a bye or something for certain teams. No point in playing a 162 game season if the best record team could suddenly get knocked out by a team that just happens to have 2 really good pitchers. Even the 5 game divisional playoff isn't really idea when you take into account a 162 game season.
    3. I'm okay with the DH. It takes away some strategy but the 3 batter pitcher rule adds in strategy to make up for that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast