Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021
Results 301 to 315 of 315
  1. #301
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    194
    Carr is playing good football and he's putting his body on the line for this team. I am personally proud to have him as our QB. It's obvious this team is being held back by horrible defensive play/coaching. As Gruden said, it is a reflection of him. It's way past time for major changes to the defensive scheme and play calling.

  2. #302
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    13,242
    We can win with Carr.

    But I doubt we can manage a winning season with a defense that gives up 30+ points a game. I know the any given Sunday rule always applies, but I don't like our chances if our defense can't play better in every phase more consistently. I don't care that our remaining schedule looks easy.

  3. #303
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    5,396
    Our D puts more pressure on our O than Tampa's. The O is forced to play a perfect game, all well knowing that the D isn't stopping anyone. I just get excited when the other team punts.....and that's not happening a lot. If my memory is correct, I think teams are punting like 2x a game.

  4. #304
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Posts
    3,980
    Carr isnít the problem here

    Iíve argued that for years but itís evident now that he has even a modicum of talent around him.

    We havenít even been healthy on O

  5. #305
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Raider Nation
    Posts
    15,766
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuckles View Post
    Carr is playing good football and he's putting his body on the line for this team. I am personally proud to have him as our QB. It's obvious this team is being held back by horrible defensive play/coaching. As Gruden said, it is a reflection of him. It's way past time for major changes to the defensive scheme and play calling.
    I agree, he's been doing well, it is the D that is losing games.

    "...prone to stoogery.".

  6. #306
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    382
    We're giving up 32.8 points per game.

    You know how many teams average more than that on offense? One.

    So basically, any team with this defense would likely be 3-3 at best ... many would be worse.

    Unless something changes, our ceiling will be 8-8.

  7. #307
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    14,739
    I remain optimistic

    We were in the game until the 4th quarter against arguably the best team in the NFL

    Still a lot of mistakes to correct but we are headed in the right direction. If we had a better defense, even a top 20 defense, this team could be 4-2 or better.

    The offense will carry this team. Once we get Incognito and Brown back we will win more games. OL has been the biggest weakness on offense. Especially on the right side. Running the ball has also been a weakness. Jacobs has been underwhelming this year. 3.4 YPC is not acceptable for a starting RB

  8. #308
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,736
    Itís kind of strange that our passing game is actually keeping us in games. Our number one wr has been agholor. Lol
    Jacobs has been ok. Booker has looked good. Our d is terrible. Which is strange considering we supposedly signed three studs in the offseason(Littleton, kwaitkoski and Collins). Heath hasnít been bad. Kwaitkoski is getting better. Littleton is terrrribbblllle. Collins is non existent.

  9. #309
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    13,242
    I expected better production from all of our offseason acquisitions. If you're only getting so-so results out of your free agent pool, you're going to have an up and down season like we've had so far. It's really the only check for average to subpar coaching. Players have to make plays, and not just the ones that the coaches dial up.

    Here's to hoping the defense figures it out. And here's to hoping that Gruden learned his lesson about how difficult it is to build a top notch defense. If you have no clue, hire someone who does.

  10. #310
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    3,775
    We need to hire a top notch defensive guy.... Maybe if Gruden likes the scheme then pry Lewis from the college ranks and get him back in the NFL doing what he did best..

    For some reason, I feel we are more likely to get Chuck Bresnahan LoL

  11. #311
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    14,739
    Quote Originally Posted by sicknick12 View Post
    We need to hire a top notch defensive guy.... Maybe if Gruden likes the scheme then pry Lewis from the college ranks and get him back in the NFL doing what he did best..

    For some reason, I feel we are more likely to get Chuck Bresnahan LoL
    Zimmer. That's the guy I would target.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

  12. #312
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    194
    Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    Itís kind of strange that our passing game is actually keeping us in games. Our number one wr has been agholor. Lol
    Jacobs has been ok. Booker has looked good. Our d is terrible. Which is strange considering we supposedly signed three studs in the offseason(Littleton, kwaitkoski and Collins). Heath hasnít been bad. Kwaitkoski is getting better. Littleton is terrrribbblllle. Collins is non existent.
    I think that shows that we have the right guys picking out talent for us. Everyone we bring in on offense is excelling. Then you look at our defense and we bring in guys who just fall in line with the talent level we already had. Guys who were monsters until they joined this team. The defensive coaching/scheme is not working out. They will be forced to replace Gunther this off season. Defensive free agents will stay away from us if they don't.

  13. #313
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    5,396
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuckles View Post
    I think that shows that we have the right guys picking out talent for us. Everyone we bring in on offense is excelling. Then you look at our defense and we bring in guys who just fall in line with the talent level we already had. Guys who were monsters until they joined this team. The defensive coaching/scheme is not working out. They will be forced to replace Gunther this off season. Defensive free agents will stay away from us if they don't.
    I'm going to throw out the Tampa game. Some of those passes were perfect, not much the DB could do. What I do see is guys not getting wide open as they were a few weeks ago, and the tackling has improved. Now, if we can get a pass rush.....Although I do think they get back on track this week.

  14. #314
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,327
    Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    I'm going to throw out the Tampa game. Some of those passes were perfect, not much the DB could do. What I do see is guys not getting wide open as they were a few weeks ago, and the tackling has improved. Now, if we can get a pass rush.....Although I do think they get back on track this week.
    Anyone else see that now all of the giants offensive lineman have been sent home and will be practicing virtually all week after a positive test?

    Of course they play Tampa this week.

    That is some kind of coincidence.

  15. #315
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Raider Nation
    Posts
    15,766
    Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    I'm going to throw out the Tampa game. Some of those passes were perfect, not much the DB could do. What I do see is guys not getting wide open as they were a few weeks ago, and the tackling has improved. Now, if we can get a pass rush.....Although I do think they get back on track this week.
    There is some improvement granted. Let's hope and pray they put in a good game this week. I want mad maxx to crush Mayfield.

    "...prone to stoogery.".

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •