Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Yea Im not worried about Tua performing under pressure. Dude thrives in it. This is the best chance for our franchise to actually be special for the first time since Marino so it had to be made.

The only problem with this was Flo not getting to talk to the team first. Obviously that hurts and he's basically using up all of the respect bucks he's earned with the locker room with the move. Everyone loves Fitz and would have been happy seeing him be the starter all season. But everyone knew this was coming and from the sounds of it this isn't uncalled for. The players all felt like Tua was special in practices, just wasn't ready at the start of the season.

My only concern for Tua is how he gels with the players we have now. Tua thrives with guys who can separate but the 3 starters create little to no separation. We have never really seen him just throw up a jump ball like Fitz has.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

I don't think I've been more excited to watch the Dolphins the way I am now, Since sopranos first season.

Finally we drafted a top tier QB and he's finally ready to play, our defense statistically, Ranks among the top in almost all categories, Everything is on the up.

Also, lets not forget, Flores gets the rams after a bye week. Last time Flores went against the rams was the Super Bowl when he shut them down, in the SB.

I really feel like we could be at a dolphins moment when this is the time that the team has finally legitimately turned the corner and will show the world that. Its the perfect time for a bye to get our players healthy, to gameplay for the rams, to get tua in as a starter, this feels like a potential here we are moment where we show we are legitimate.

our defense is just getting started, people forget, that almost our entire defense are guys in their 2nd or 1st year in this system, and we haven't even seen a fully healthy jones and Howard, and McCain is playing Phenomenal at safety.

if we Lose that would really suck. lol
    Last edited by TakeAnotherL; 10-23-2020 at 01:25 AM.

I agree, this is that 'moment'. We're riding or dying with Tua for the rest of the year now. Can't pull the kid out if he has a couple sub-par games in a row. Guys are buying into the culture, which is great. Random guys are stepping up big, such as Gaskins, Shaheen, Seiler, Roberts and Ogbah. There was a rumor that Miami tried poaching Snacks Harrison from SEA practice squad, but he didn't want to go. That would have helped this defense tremendously. If we can somehow get a true two-down NT next year, our DL will be stellar, since we're more 3-4 than 4-3.

I still don't know if the Phins will make the playoffs, because that December slate of games is brutal (unless Cam gets hurt for NE, then we could possibly go 2-2 as I think we beat LV). I think 2022 will be the year we start seeing Miami in the dark-horse SB picture.

I know everyone thinks this is purely just for the future, but the fact that the team did go after Snacks and Bell shows that they are still focused on winning right now.

Fitz has been everything you could have hoped for, but he's 10-7 in TDs and INTs and we have one of the worst 3rd down offenses and red zone offenses. Theres very clearly room for improvement. I firmly believe that Flores thinks that Tua can be an upgrade for this team. And looking at that end of season schedule, its better that Tua works off the rust against easier teams so he's ready for the December push.

For everyone looking forward at tough matchups for Tua, Arizona just traded for Markus Golden from the Giants. He's been a great pass rusher for the Giants for the past two years and helps fill the Chandler Jones void.

also gotta wonder when we start seeing some packages with Bowden and Perry.

I bet this staff is working on some things with them and just waiting for the right time to break them out kinda like how we waited to use the wildcat packages.

And can you imagine how potent this offense can be if Perry and Bowden can become legit slot was? To have 2 slot was with their ability to line up all over the place would be such a nightmare for defenses to prepare for.

A defense would have to take time watching tape for a play package they may not even see.

Flores has done a brilliant job designing this team, and executing his plan.

Another L for hou, with them not having a 1st or 2nd rnd pick I have to believe there is no way they wont start selling off their players for whatever picks they can get.

I would absolutely love to see Houston sell off some players. I'm still skeptical that the pick finishes in the top 10, Deshaun is just too good, but if they sell off some vets then it makes it legit.

I read that the guy thats kinda running things in that building was the main person pushing for the Tunsil trade. Hopefully he does some dumb **** again and just ruins that team. They really only need to lose 4 more games and its a lock for the top 10.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    also gotta wonder when we start seeing some packages with Bowden and Perry.

I bet this staff is working on some things with them and just waiting for the right time to break them out kinda like how we waited to use the wildcat packages.

And can you imagine how potent this offense can be if Perry and Bowden can become legit slot was? To have 2 slot was with their ability to line up all over the place would be such a nightmare for defenses to prepare for.

A defense would have to take time watching tape for a play package they may not even see.

Flores has done a brilliant job designing this team, and executing his plan.
    I think Perry is having a red shirt year, but Bowden should absolutely start seeing more playing time. Hes not going to be a full time player this year, he just doesn't know how to play the position well enough. But you can absolutely start using him in designed plays that make it easy for him to get the ball in space and create after the catch. His skillset just works so well with what Tua does best.

I think both Bowden and Perry are being groomed to be slot wrs, who can take some handoffs and run the wildcat at times.

Think of how the pats loved versatile players.

Lets not forget Flores started his career as a scout in NE, and his original goal was to become a GM, not a coach. But you can see a lot of those same concepts New England used over the years, now here in Miami.

I think both Bowden and Perry are being drilled on things that we will see as the season goes on. The same way they decided Tua was ready, they'll eventuality let those guys get their turn.

NFL countdown had a long and interesting discussion on Tua getting named.

If you didnt see it here is a video of it. On this site its in 4 parts.

https://dolphinstalk.com/2020/10/25/...nfl-countdown/

The players on HOU (except for Watt and Watson) seem to have just started to quit playing well. I can definitely see them trading some guys. Fuller can probably get them a 3rd or 4th rd pick, Cooks might get them a 3rd. But they are spiraling downward and I cannot wait to see what happens. The Phins would be in the drivers seat for a top 5 pick if only ATL and NYG would have won their games. WSH winning was amazing. I still think we get a top 10 pick from them easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    NFL countdown had a long and interesting discussion on Tua getting named.

If you didnt see it here is a video of it. On this site its in 4 parts.

https://dolphinstalk.com/2020/10/25/...nfl-countdown/
    great discussion . . . i loved how none of the former players talked about Fitz being 2-1 against sub .500 teams, or the fact that he threw 5 of his 10 TDs against porous defenses in JAC and NYJ. I thought Ryan had the better argument than any of them. Does anybody really think that Ross called Flores into his office after beating the Jets and told him to start Tua? They are 3-3, in the thick of the division and WC race, and the owner, who wants to win, tells his HC to start the rookie? I don't buy that at all. This was Flores' decision all the way.

Houston performed about as realistically perfect for Miami over the 1st 7 weeks as they could!
    Not sure if Houston will have a sell-off but they are f'd.
    I don't see them winning more than 7 games all year, this is being generous, so a 7-9 record should sit firmly in the 7-12 draft pick range. If they come out flat against the Jags after the bye then they mail it in rest of season.
    Really a top 3 pick for us would be great if we have the sole purpose of trading down for a qb needy team wanting Fields. We will see how it shakes out but their remaining schedule looks rather easy so I can see a 5-3 record rest of way but you never know with some slip ups and players having their own interest in mind knowing they're out of the playoffs.

With that being said that's a pretty darn good 1st 7 weeks for Miami!!

I think there is a chance they won't have a player sell off just so they don't piss off Watson and watt.

But realistically, they should be having a massive sell off.

If we got our hands on a top 3 pick from them that would potentially put us into dynasty building mode, with the amount of high draft picks we have already used, and the extra picks we already have, if we got a top 3 pick that we could trade for future picks, that would allow us to build a roster capable of being a dynasty for years to come.

we can only hope....

Donald is so damn good, best player in football, all I could do was put my head down when he caused that first fumble.

Time to get more weapons to tua in this draft.

Grab 2 superstuds, i don't even care. Just get tua weapons. Doesn't matter what happens rest of this year, Next year this defense will be even better, get tua his weapons, this team is Rdy to chase SBs.\\\

Crazy to think we can get waddle and smith. go get em!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast