Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 20 of 41 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lamar2006 View Post
    Morton is perfect in elimination games. That MOFO turns into Buehler in winner takes all games. I really don't want to go into a game 7 depending on our BP. Would rather win tomorrow and even if we lose game 6 with our BP, we will have our Orel pitching game 7 to finish off the Rays.
    Yea, a win tomorrow I feel almost removes so much stress from us fans for game 6. Because even if we lose game 6. The whole game we are just looking forward to Bulldog 2.0 for game 7.

In fact, depending on how game 6 goes. Wouldn't surprise me to see the Dodgers almost give up if the score looks bad. Give up in relation to not pitching Trienen, Brusdar, Kelly, etc.. (key bullpen arms0

Quote Originally Posted by DodgerBlue8188 View Post
    Interesting question. He's still young and we heard he had potential shoulder issues right? The reason the Red Sox got out of that deal.

I would think Friedman has him in mind for a future closer role.
    The announcers said graterol had some soreness when graterol pitched back to back vs atl. Which is weird because he only threw 21 pitches combined. I think we just got fleeced in that trade Maeda would be alot more useful.

Damn auto correct.

Quote Originally Posted by USCFOOTBALL View Post
    The announcers said graterol had some soreness when graterol pitched back to back vs atl. Which is weird because he only threw 21 pitches combined. I think we just got fleeced in that trade Maeda would be alot more useful.

Damn auto correct.
    I remember Maeda being great in 2017 but can't remember much success the previous 2 post seasons. Maybe he was I just don't remember. But I think that issue became more because of his contract status. Having such high incentive $'s tied to innings pitched & games played. With May & Gonsolin being what I'd think are future starters I feel the Dodgers didn't want Maeda getting in the way.

Baez deserves some finger-pointing for giving up that 3-run homer and an additional homer the next inning. Or should I say it's Roberts fault for using a huge stiff like Baez in the first place?

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    Baez deserves some finger-pointing for giving up that 3-run homer and an additional homer the next inning. Or should I say it's Roberts fault for using a huge stiff like Baez in the first place?
    70-30 Baez fault. But Doc gets 100% of the blame for bringing him back out. He even admitted he ****ed up by bringing Baez back but don't tell Gibby that since Doc can't do any wrongs in his eyes.

I just don't like how the game has evolved the last few years. I blame it on partly on juiced baseballs and partly on sabermetric overthinking. If you're nor Kershaw or Buehler, then your #3 or #4 starters won't go much more than 4 innings per start during the postseason (or worse yet, "bullpen games").
    Last edited by dodgerdave; 10-25-2020 at 11:06 AM.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

I figure we have a 35% chance of winning the series after that shower of sh*te, in my opinion. Would have trusted Kersh to redeem himself from his dodgy post season history thus far if he was pitching for the win at 3-1. Notwithstanding his game 1 gem, the pressure and expectation will be off the charts for game 5 now and we've seen that movie a few times in recent years. Last night's train wreck finish will create a psychological paradigm shift and huge boost for the Rays, who will have their tails up after being let off the hook in such bizarre circumstances. I fear this will be more telling than pitching depth and potential match ups, etc. Stats aside, it's these intangibles that worry me the most and prevent any great confidence in us winning 2 from 3. The magic number is 22. Please prove me wrong Big Guy!

Again, the Kershaw postseason stuff is way overblown.

Kershaw has not pitched poorly in the postseason. Kershaw has actually pitched pretty well in the postseason except in the following scenario...

His troubles almost always come in his 2nd game of the series, after throwing a lot of pitches in game 1, and being left in too long in game 2.

In this year’s scenario he only threw 79 pitches in game 1 and he’s been pretty well preserved otherwise. I think we’ll see another great start from CK. Hopefully the boys can give him some runs again and DR won’t feel the need to leave him out too long.

Fair enough. Not apportioning blame and realize certain tv pundits and opinionistas have their agendas. It is what it is. Up to this squad to prove them wrong. Just think we have missed a golden opportunity to turn the screws and will need our A game from here on in. Just hope we get the rub of the green when the lucky breaks get handed out....

Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post
    Again, the Kershaw postseason stuff is way overblown.

Kershaw has not pitched poorly in the postseason. Kershaw has actually pitched pretty well in the postseason except in the following scenario...

His troubles almost always come in his 2nd game of the series, after throwing a lot of pitches in game 1, and being left in too long in game 2.

In this year’s scenario he only threw 79 pitches in game 1 and he’s been pretty well preserved otherwise. I think we’ll see another great start from CK. Hopefully the boys can give him some runs again and DR won’t feel the need to leave him out too long.
    Yep, we're still in a good spot here. There is reason to be concerned as we're in for a fight, but I think people on here are going way over board with the panic. It's still our series to lose and our guys have shown tremendous character thus far so I expect to see that to continue so I still like where we are in the series.

Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty Harv View Post
    Fair enough. Not apportioning blame and realize certain tv pundits and opinionistas have their agendas. It is what it is. Up to this squad to prove them wrong. Just think we have missed a golden opportunity to turn the screws and will need our A game from here on in. Just hope we get the rub of the green when the lucky breaks get handed out....
    To be clear, I’m not admonishing you for the perception, there’s just a lot of negativity around this particular start. I believe we’ll see a good start from CK today and I still see us as the overwhelming favorites to win the series.

And yes, we’ll need our A-game. The reality is, the Rays are a really good team and yesterday was a really good ballgame until our ninth inning blunders. But they grinded and kept fighting and played their best game yet...

I just don’t see many scenarios where the Rays play their best game and still need something like a broken bat single from Kiermeier, a flare from Phillips, and the most the bungled defensive play possible to get the win - and they actually get those results.
    Last edited by GibbyIsMyHero; 10-25-2020 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Yep, we're still in a good spot here. There is reason to be concerned as we're in for a fight, but I think people on here are going way over board with the panic. It's still our series to lose and our guys have shown tremendous character thus far so I expect to see that to continue so I still like where we are in the series.

Quote Originally Posted by lamar2006 View Post
    70-30 Baez fault. But Doc gets 100% of the blame for bringing him back out. He even admitted he ****ed up by bringing Baez back but don't tell Gibby that since Doc can't do any wrongs in his eyes.
    70-30 Baez, 100% DR...

I did the math guys, this checks out

Again, I disagreed with almost the entirety of DR’s handling of the BP yesterday including Baez... I stated that clearly as the game was progressing.

And again... you agreed with his moves from the 8th inning forward... and given the benefit of hindsight you also would’ve burned Graterol to start the 7th and apparently would’ve burned Trienen after a 1 pitch inning

The difference is you need a fall guy - I don’t. We lost. Deal with it and move on.
    Last edited by GibbyIsMyHero; 10-25-2020 at 12:39 PM.

A fly out to centerfield...the Dodgers win, we're up 3-1 and we are all feeling really good putting Kershaw on the mound risking nothing more than a made-for-TV chance of redemption in a WS clinching victory in his home state.

But...it happened. It was a fluke play and it happens in baseball. Instead of reading too much into it, you just gotta move on and focus on winning tonight's game.

There is nothing that leaves me to believe that the Rays are the better team in this World Series. They know how to capitalize and win when the other team (e.g. Yankees , Astros) fails to demonstrate their superior talent. The Dodgers need to not only win tonight to take the 3-2 advantage, but they need to do so in a way that extinguishes any momentum that last night's fluke play can generate, especially with a scrappy team like the Rays.

It's all about making adjustments and maintaining momentum...the Dodgers (and Kershaw) need to demonstrate that they are the better team tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by mOrphosis View Post
    A fly out to centerfield...the Dodgers win, we're up 3-1 and we are all feeling really good putting Kershaw on the mound risking nothing more than a made-for-TV chance of redemption in a WS clinching victory in his home state.

But...it happened. It was a fluke play and it happens in baseball. Instead of reading too much into it, you just gotta move on and focus on winning tonight's game.

There is nothing that leaves me to believe that the Rays are the better team in this World Series. They know how to capitalize and win when the other team (e.g. Yankees , Astros) fails to demonstrate their superior talent. The Dodgers need to not only win tonight to take the 3-2 advantage, but they need to do so in a way that extinguishes any momentum that last night's fluke play can generate, especially with a scrappy team like the Rays.

It's all about making adjustments and maintaining momentum...the Dodgers (and Kershaw) need to demonstrate that they are the better team tonight.
    Agreed

Page 20 of 41 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast