Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 41 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post
    Itís amazing how much more people post in here when things donít go right. Lol
    I woulda posted win or loss

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    This team has choked so many times in the postseason, that you can't just say that everything will be "alright." We are beyond frustrated. At this point, just like in the Braves series, it's one game at a time.
    Ehh, I'm not super concerned about the Rays. It's still our series to lose. I don't view this series like I did with the Astros or Red Sox or even the Braves or Padres. I think we're a decent amount better than the Rays. We can certainly lose this series, but I'd still much rather be the Dodgers right now than the Rays.

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    4 players made a bad play on that game ending play. Jansen made a bad pitch, Taylor couldnít pick up the ball correctly and then almost threw the ball away if muncy didnít cut it off, muncy made a bad throw, and smith didnít see the ball into the glove. Of these plays I understand the urgency from smith because he probably thought arosarena was sliding into home plate that moment (which he probably would have if he didnít fall). I also think muncys throw isnít talked about enough here.. He had the angle, he shoulda known arosarena fell so he didnít have to hurry his throw.

Horrible way to end the game. Iím hoping this doesnít effect the team tomorrow because it very well could unfortunately.
    Smith needs to ride the bench for the next 3 games. He has been average/below average defensively and not producing other than his 1 good game. Barnes is mediocre offensively but stud defensively.

Quote Originally Posted by lamar2006 View Post
    This is your problem. You think like Roberts. Who cares if Jansen gets paid the big bucks when he has struggled recently. You are telling me you would rather have Kershaw pitch over Buehler in a game 7 cus he gets paid the big bucks and should be able to deliver?
    You mean Dave knows you canít use Brusdar in the 7th, and then use him again to close?

Or that neither of us wouldíve used Trienen for one pitch and then benched him?

Lol, have you not seen how much Iíve said in contrast to Daveís decisions today?

No - the reality is that youíve prove today that you donít know what youíre talking about and you only want to get credit for criticizing things that donít work out after you have the results.
    Last edited by GibbyIsMyHero; 10-25-2020 at 01:01 AM.

4 players made a bad play on that game ending play. Jansen made a bad pitch, Taylor couldnít pick up the ball correctly and then almost threw the ball away if muncy didnít cut it off, muncy made a bad throw, and smith didnít see the ball into the glove. Of these plays I understand the urgency from smith because he probably thought arosarena was sliding into home plate that moment (which he probably would have if he didnít fall). I also think muncys throw isnít talked about enough here.. He had the angle, he shoulda known arosarena fell so he didnít have to hurry his throw.

Horrible way to end the game. Iím hoping this doesnít effect the team tomorrow because it very well could unfortunately.
    Should Jansen have been backing up the throw? I couldn't really see, but it looked like he wasn't there to back up as well. That last sequence was a massive, massive fluke though for sure

Smith needs to ride the bench for the next 3 games. He has been average/below average defensively and not producing other than his 1 good game. Barnes is mediocre offensively but stud defensively.
    Thatís a very lonely position to take.

Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post
    Itís amazing how much more people post in here when things donít go right. Lol
    (post-1988 seven-year gap w/ no postseason) 1995, 1996, (eight-year gap w/ no postseason) 2004, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017. 2018, and 2019.

Enough is enough...

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Nah I disagree with this, Smith has been super clutch the entire playoffs and he's hitting .263 and usually smashes the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Should Jansen have been backing up the throw? I couldn't really see, but it looked like he wasn't there to back up as well. That last sequence was a massive, massive fluke though for sure
    Yeah thatís also another thing that didnít happen. He needed to back up the throw but didnít. Just a horrible sequence, a ton of things went wrong there. Very bad way to end the game. The dodgers are one of the best defensive teams in the league and to end the game like that is terrible

Cmon guys, no need to panic here. Tough loss, but this is still our series to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    (post-1988 seven-year gap w/ no postseason) 1995, 1996, (eight-year gap w/ no postseason) 2004, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017. 2018, and 2019.

Enough is enough...
    Dude, itís a World Series and itís 2-2... and weíre the better team... does anyone really believe that weíre in a bad spot?

I mean, it wasnít this active when we came back down 3-1 to the Braves! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Nah I disagree with this, Smith has been super clutch the entire playoffs and he's hitting .263 and usually smashes the ball.
    He has been clutch in 2 games this entire post season. His 5 hit game and that 1 games against Atlanta where he hit the 3 run bomb. Yes, he was been crushing the ball when he puts it in play but it's going directly to the defenders. If you guys don't watch the pre-game show on SportsNet LA you need to start watching. Hairston and Orel would make better managers than Doc and it's not even close.

My opinion is this bullpen sucks. This is the worst bullpen we've had in years. Trading Maeda for Graterol was a bad move. Maeda could throw 2 innings in relief, Graterol we're getting an average of like 7 pitches out of him. The most dependable reliever is Treinen and he's up and down himself.

Yeah thatís also another thing that didnít happen. He needed to back up the throw but didnít. Just a horrible sequence, a ton of things went wrong there. Very bad way to end the game. The dodgers are one of the best defensive teams in the league and to end the game like that is terrible
    Yep for sure, but this team has shown a ton of character thus far and so I expect this to be no different. Tomorrow I think our guys will come out ready and take care of business.

World Series: Tampa Bay Rays vs Los Ageles Dodgers

Because of that one play? I disagree. Like I said I think 4 players were at fault during that last play but I think smith was the least at fault because he was thinking arosarena was sliding into home at that moment so smith had to be fast. If the throw was closer to the plate it woulda been easier for smith to handle. Muncy also rushing the throw coulda given smith the wrong idea there.

Letís also not forget that smith has had some huge clutch hits this post season. Thatíd be a huge loss to not have him

Page 17 of 41 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast