Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 41 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lamar2006 View Post
    you were defending Taylor and his defensive capabilities earlier on. Taylor, Jansen and Smith cost us the game and potentially the series. Brusdar should have stayed in or they should have walkted Randy right away not play around with him only to end up walking him.
    1) Chris Taylor plays excellent defense and simply made a bad play - he also rarely plays CF.

2) So, Brusdar shouldíve pitched the 8th and the 9th? But you wanted him in the 7th, remember?

3) Thatís absurd. You donít intentionally walk the tying run - with speed - to 2nd base. They walked RA exactly how they shouldíve - they pitched around him. And because of the way they pitched to him, they nearly got him to get himself out twice.

4) Remember, you wanted them to walk him because ďall Phillips can do is tie itĒ Am I criticizing you for it? No. Because itís a strategy and we have no clue what result any other tactic wouldíve provided. Does that mean Iím defending you and I love you? Not even remotely.

Phillips did tie the damn game but your boy Taylor made a horrible play and Smith can't catch a damn ball to save his life. Walking Randy right away would have saved Kenley 8-10 more pitches. He was already @ 20+ when Phillips got the hit those 10 pitches he used against Randy could have been useful.

Phillips did tie the damn game but your boy Taylor made a horrible play and Smith can't catch a damn ball to save his life. Walking Randy right away would have saved Kenley 8-10 more pitches. He was already @ 20+ when Phillips got the hit those 10 pitches he used against Randy could have been useful.
    Lmao - alright man. Chris Taylor sucks - youíre right.

So why havenít you complained about his defense before? Why didnít you complain that they had his glove out there in the 9th?

Why havenít you complained about Will Smithís defense before? Why didnít you complain that he was out there in the 9th?

Why? Because they both play good defense and they both made bad plays. Those statements are not in contrast with one another.

This is a heart breaking loss, but we'll be alright. Have to shake this one off and get back on the horse tomorrow. Their pitching looks like it's going on fumes so we have to really try to grind at the plate tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    This is a heart breaking loss, but we'll be alright. Have to shake this one off and get back on the horse tomorrow. Their pitching looks like it's going on fumes so we have to really try to grind at the plate tomorrow.
    Off day on Monday. So it doesn't matter if bullpens are tired. Cash is outmanaging Doc but a softball coach can coach our team better than Roberts. Problem with Doc is that he has to make sure Kershaw, Kenley are our saviors in every important game. That is why I was surprised Doc let Urias pitch 3+ innings to close out game 7 and not bring in Jansen to save the game. But Doc is back to his old stupid ways. NO WAY you lose this game considering we got 15 hits and 7 runs. Doc doesn't bring in Baez back out again we would have won.

did you guys see the replay of the last pitch? Kenley was on his knees praying instead of backing up home plate like you are taught to do.

This team has choked so many times in the postseason, that you can't just say that everything will be "alright." We are beyond frustrated. At this point, just like in the Braves series, it's one game at a time.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

I think this one falls on Roberts. It was poor execution on the last play, but we should've never been in that situation to begin with (sticking with Baez and then bringing in Jansen when we had Graterol fresh). I think we'll be fine, but this can't happen again.
    So, I partially agree with this.

Again, I donít know how differently Iíd have handled the 7th. I do know that I wouldnít have used Brusdar to start the 7th.

IMO, Brusdar should be the closer... and precisely because he wasnít used in the 7th, he was available for a big spot in the 8th and 9th.

At the same time, Kenley gets paid big to throw in those situations. Iím not suggesting you make those calls based on money, execution is more important to me, but he has to execute... and in reality... he mostly did.

Kenley gave up a broken bat flare that was lucky to find turf... and then he gave up a weak flare that was also pretty lucky to get through... and then we had the worst defensive fluke in our history to end a game.

The last inning of this game was purely a series of flukes.

Off day on Monday. So it doesn't matter if bullpens are tired. Cash is outmanaging Doc but a softball coach can coach our team better than Roberts. Problem with Doc is that he has to make sure Kershaw, Kenley are our saviors in every important game. That is why I was surprised Doc let Urias pitch 3+ innings to close out game 7 and not bring in Jansen to save the game. But Doc is back to his old stupid ways. NO WAY you lose this game considering we got 15 hits and 7 runs. Doc doesn't bring in Baez back out again we would have won.
    Well my point about their pen being tired is that they rely on it a lot and we might be able to really smack them around tomorrow and jump on them big. I do agree about Baez, no reason he should have come back out. Gonzales never got into the game and he's been excellent all season. What's done is done so hopefully we can get back at it tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    This team has choked so many times in the postseason, that you can't just say that everything will be "alright." We are beyond frustrated. At this point, just like in the Braves series, it's one game at a time.
    What are the odds Kershaw chokes tomorrow? I think he is due for another choke job. Rays have all the momentum now. Buehler can't save us if we don't get to a game 7. We lose tomorrow, you can count on Doc and his bullpen managing to cost us game 6 too.

Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post

Again, I donít know how differently Iíd have handled the 7th. I do know that I wouldnít have used Brusdar to start the 7th.

IMO, Brusdar should be the closer... and precisely because he wasnít used in the 7th, he was available for a big spot in the 8th and 9th.

At the same time, Kenley gets paid big to throw in those situations. Iím not suggesting you make those calls based on money, execution is more important to me, but he has to execute... and in reality... he mostly did.

Kenley gave up a broken bat flare that was lucky to find turf... and then he gave up a weak flare that was also pretty lucky to get through... and then we had the worst defensive fluke in our history to end a game.

Yeah, I agree about the fluke nature of the last inning, but I think the biggest issue was bringing Baez back out and also pulling Graterol. I wouldn't have bought him out for the 7th either, but definitely I would've left him in the game to close, at least until he got into some trouble.

Itís amazing how much more people post in here when things donít go right. Lol

This is your problem. You think like Roberts. Who cares if Jansen gets paid the big bucks when he has struggled recently. You are telling me you would rather have Kershaw pitch over Buehler in a game 7 cus he gets paid the big bucks and should be able to deliver?

4 players made a bad play on that game ending play. Jansen made a bad pitch, Taylor couldnít pick up the ball correctly and then almost threw the ball away if muncy didnít cut it off, muncy made a bad throw, and smith didnít see the ball into the glove. Of these plays I understand the urgency from smith because he probably thought arosarena was sliding into home plate that moment (which he probably would have if he didnít fall). I also think muncys throw isnít talked about enough here.. He had the angle, he shoulda known arosarena fell so he didnít have to hurry his throw.

Horrible way to end the game. Iím hoping this doesnít effect the team tomorrow because it very well could unfortunately.

Itís amazing how much more people post in here when things donít go right. Lol
    You are right. Every time we score 10 runs we should praise our dear leader Roberts and how well he did managing us. Never mind that even he won't mismanage the bullpen with a 10+ run lead. Doc always makes the wrong decisions in tight games and has to depend on the offense to save his sorry decisions. ONLY GOOD MOVE Doc has made this post season was letting Urias close out game 7. But I see that was a one time thing because he is back to being stupid Doc.

Page 16 of 41 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast