Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post
    I know it seems that way because it really sucks and leaves a memory when it doesn’t work, but being a math guy, you know the numbers don’t play that out.

I do agree with the sentiment though, that sometimes you’ve gotta go with your gut.

But, honestly, if he leaves González in, and González gives up 2 runs, then everyone criticizes DR for leaving Gonzalez in.

It’s the nature of the beast, I guess. At least this way we know there was logic behind his decision.
    Well, he overanalyzes stuff. Just like when he leaves these massive holes on one side of the diamond and they end up hitting the ball there. I'd only do that with extreme pull hitters.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    Well, he overanalyzes stuff. Just like when he leaves these massive holes on one side of the diamond and they end up hitting the ball there. I'd only do that with extreme pull hitters.
    Snell better no hit us just for the lulz. Pollock is back to his old ways which means he needs to sit. Smith has been bad too recently. I don't understand why he is DH when you have Rios.

Turner has been awful this postseason. Not producing like he has done in the past. Leaving ppl on bases on numerous occasions. but at least we got rid of Snell. Dodgers can hit righties so we may have a shot @ coming back if they don't give up more runs.

Quote Originally Posted by lamar2006 View Post
    bro. do you work for the some kind of defense force? I say anything and you come out and defend the guy/team I mentioned. For example I said Rays have a JV offensive squad and you bring up how they are middle of the road offense. Yes! that is JV compare to the Dodgers, Yankees, Padres etc etc.doesn't mean they won't score runs but you made it seem that they constantly put up 6+ runs which they don't. May isn't a high pressure guy. Urias, Buehler, Jansen in the past were high pressured guys. I mention how Doc sucks and you come out and defend him and rarely acknowledge any of his flaws.
    Ok, let me set the record straight here...

Your “JV” comment was not intended to admonish the Rays, it was meant to diminish Kershaw’s accomplishment... because that’s what you do... You try to **** on everything about Kershaw... and Dave Roberts... and basically everyone, with the benefit of hindsight, all the time.

We know man; the FO sucks, Kershaw sucks, Kiké sucks, CT3 sucks, everyone should be traded, the team isn’t clutch, they’ll never win a WS with Kershaw, DR, and Andrew Friedman, but now that it looks like DR will win a World Series, he should be fired anyway because you don’t like how he handled a particular inning in a bullpen game... and that doesn’t cover half of it...

You also like to criticize movements, or the lack of a movement, after the result or when the likely result is clearly in your favor.

It’s easy to say **** like ‘DR should’ve pinch hit for Pollock” when the likelihood that Pollock will succeed is roughly 27-28%... but that’s literally EVERYONE. EVERYONE is likely to fail more than 70% of the time and those who aren’t are gall of famers. Rios’ likelihood to succeed is roughly 25%. Pretty ****ing negligible isn’t it? Oh, but Rios is a lefty and Melancon is a righty, you say? But THATS A ****ING PLATOON MATCHUP AND YOU ALSO HATE PLATOON MATCHUPS!!!

I open myself up to criticism all the time. We all do. Please don’t act like it’s taboo to critique a critique. When I disagree, I’ll make it known. And no, I don’t agree with everything DR does. It was stupid, for example, to bring in Gonzalez on 8 warmup pitches. The benefit, the Rays burned Choi...

You see, I don’t look at every decision as a make or break and that someone has to be punished for each result. I look for pros and cons and I’m willing to give credit where it’s do. I would never root for a pitcher to no-hit us for the “lulz”, I also wouldn’t imply the team sucks because of it. I’d say the guy was pitching a phenomenal game, and hope our team would get him at some point.

Now back to the game... what a ****ing shot by Big Willie!

Will Smith’s gotta be the unluckiest dude in the playoffs this year. He’s smoked a number of balls that just fall short of the fence and/or are right at someone.

Man, smith was completely robbed there. He couldn't have hit that any harder

Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Man, smith was completely robbed there. He couldn't have hit that any harder
    He was completely robbed of either (a) extra bases, or (b) exploding a dude’s head...

Either way, there was a potential eye popping outcome lol

Dodgers had a great chance @ winning this game. I don't know when Doc will learn you cant trust May to come out of the pen and not give up some runs. Gosolin has been struggling too but I think part of that is he is thinking to much and trying to be perfect knowing that he will only pitch 1-2 innings. Either way I like our starters for the next 3 games with Buehler, Urias and Kershaw pitching. We should win 2/3 of those games and possibly go 3-0.

He was completely robbed of either (a) extra bases, or (b) exploding a dude’s head...

Either way, there was a potential eye popping outcome lol
    Yeah big time

Muncy needs to be batting 8th/9th. He has been bad other than 1 big game he had last series. Honestly if it wasn't for Seager we would have been eliminated already. Turner has been bad. Smith has been unlucky. Taylor will get you 1-2 hits every 3 games. Pederson hasn't done anything since giving birth. Codi has been good but we need him to be great. Basically, Seager has been carrying the team.

Good thing is that Rays have an average offense and Dodgers got to their pen, so we know we can score some runs on their bullpen. Biggest factor is Dodgers still can't hit lefties after 10+ years. Snell is a very good pitcher but Dodgers should have been able to get to him earlier. Morton may give us trouble because he is one clutch MOFO but so is our boy Buehler. I still expect Dodgers to win in 5/6 games but hey I was telling everyone how we were gonna lose last series after being down 3-1. But we lost this game in the first 3 innings when Roberts had to use like 3-4 pitchers for the first 3 innings. Stop ****ing using May out of the pen. Time and time he has shown us he can't deliver clean outings. If you wanna use someone out of the pen that is a start that guy is Urias. Gosolin, May shouldn't be coming out of the pen, specially when it's not a clean start.

I think we’ll take the next 3, but the Rays are a really good team, the second best team in baseball according to 538. I wouldn’t be surprised by 6 games, but I would be if it goes the distance.

As for our woes against lefties I think, much like Clayton Kershaw’s postseason legend, it’s much overstated.

Consider our OPS for example...

League Avg - .740
    Dodgers - .821
    Dodgers vLHP - .780

I this sense, yeah we struggle against lefties in the sense that we’re just better at hitting righties.

But a 0.780 OPS (again, our weakest split) would still be good enough for 8th in the league if it were our overall number (.001 behind the Phillies). In fact, our OPS vs lefties is actually .027 points better than the Rays 2020 total OPS of 0.753.

This was my response else where on why we went for a bullpen game tonight instead of starting Buehler

"Here's my theory as to why they went with a BP game tonight. Not saying I'm right just thinking about different things. I think the FO knows that they are going to have to have some kind of bullpen game in this World Series (1 time). Considering we won game 1 that makes it an easier decision to have in game 2. But also, if you use a lot of relivers in game 2 you have the next day off to recover. If you have a bullpen game in the middle of the 3 straight days that will tax your bullpen more. Another reason is Buehler I believe has never pitched on short rest. So if he went tonight you'd be asking him to go on short rest against a very good pitcher in Blake Snell. Snell shut us out for almost 5 innings. If Buehler had gone out there tonight he would've probably had to do the same to keep us in the game. But what if Buehler got the loss tonight? Now we've used our 2 best pitchers & are 1-1 with what to look forward to in the next 2 games? At least now we have Buehler going Game 3 & you'd think we have the advantage. Urias goes game 4. So again just what's going through my head. But I almost feel like the FO was willing to lose tonights game to give us a better chance at the next 3 games. Because even with Buehler going tonight it was going to be very tough to beat Snell."

Charlie Morton has been a postseason beast ever since winning Game 7 of the 2017 ALCS. He has a 1.75 ERA in 43.1 IP since that time. Hopefully Walker Buehler can match him with zeros.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Will Smith’s gotta be the unluckiest dude in the playoffs this year. He’s smoked a number of balls that just fall short of the fence and/or are right at someone.
    I’m starting to think will Smith is the best hitter on the team outside of mookie and maybe seager. Smith rarely chases balls off the plate and when he puts the bat on the ball, few players in the league hit it as hard. Like you said, he just seems to get unlucky a lot hitting it right to the defense. Eventually those are gonna start falling though

Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast