Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    Wentz is a dawg too.

This is just the result of constantly trying to win another one with this group. Iím not saying they shouldíve blown it up in 2018, but the eagles were never set up to win multiple super bowls for the simple fact quite a bit of their foundation was older guys or free agents.

They werenít some team built on talented young drafted players

Eagles need to find a way, desperately so, to shift the ratio in the other direction.

More young talent on cheap contracts, less expensive guys

Otherwise weíre going to start to look a lot like the falcons. Better thing for us is we won a super bowl

But the eagles canít wait until Carson is 30 to restock. They have to start now. They need to cut bait with a lot of guys unfortunately and start playing all the young guys.

I like our WRs. This in and out thing is killing us. Just go with Hightower and fulgham. Wentz was getting comfortable with guys we need to see what they have anyways. When reagor comes back heís a part of it too. This need to bring desean and Jeffrey back is just causing problems. And I said this last week but the lane Johnson nonsense is hurting too. Let him rest. For the love of god lol. They shouldnít have brought him back until after the bye week

It's such a tough spot to be in. With Brooks out, No LT and Lane out for a while, this would be the perfect year to get a top 10 pick without any BS chatter about firing a HC or GM.

But on the other hand, I'm always a homer and feel if we get in the playoffs we can beat anyone. There is no team in the NFC that scares me and anything can happen in a one and done game. We were big dogs against the Saints a couple years ago and were soo close to winning.
    So I don't care if we win the division because we can go on a run.

But I really think we need so inject some youth at key spots on this team. Every team has a hammer and nail at RB except us. I can't believe we run Boston Scott on short yardage. As a third RB, Scott is good but we need a really good number 2 ala Howard last year.
    People think the oline has nice pieces and I somewhat agree but we need to inject youth and Seumalo should not be our future center, otherwise were screwed.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

I wouldn't mind a playoff run if Howie adds some players via trade but not just strictly guys in their 30s but guys that are young you can still keep on the team for a few years.

I'm also really really disappointed in Petersons creativity because its tooo vanilla and lacking, personnel or not. Wttf was that 2 point try with Hurts.
    We desperately need an offensive coordinator, like what are they doing? You're telling me you can't find a young guy with an innovative brain to man that position?

I want Rondale Moore or Jalen Waddle sooo bad in the draft this year, but these guys are lethal weapons where a creative mind like Shanahan or McVay would use properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

No LT? Mailata has played well. Heís not perfect but heís also 23. We have an LT heís just not an elite one, yet.

Also we donít need more WRs. We have fulgham whoís proven heís something special, reagor who showed major promise, and Hightower who has shown potential as well

Last thing we need is a 1st round receiver like waddle who will probably run a really fast 40 and be picked in the first round

We need defense everywhere, and maybe protection help. Canít help but wonder if we need to pick interior OL pretty early this year as brooks is unreliable and kelce is gettin up there in age

Also they just need to get more talent on the defensive side of the ball. Schwartz deserves blame but he doesnít make final say on personnel decisions. Thatís on howie. The DL is fine despite us probably cutting some people next year. But DB needs less 5-10 try hards and more 6-1 talented athletes

LB needs less mid round effort players and more high end instinctual talent

The eagles are all but devoid of talent on the 2nd and 3rd levels

Iím actually thrilled with WR. Give wentz a full offseason with fulgham, reagor and Hightower and theyíll be enough. Let Watkins get into the picture too.

The eagles need to beef up the OL again. The running game again. And get more talented on defense by a long shot. A couple smart picks and signings and the defense can be good again.

Also Iím pretty sure Seumalo is supposed to come back this year right? He was only said to miss a significant amount of time but Iíve heard nothing

Also the Zach Ertz stuff is really an eye roll lol. I think they were going to trade him and the assets wouldíve been nice going into next offseason. Itíd be really nice if the eagles could compile some assets for days 1 and 2 in order to get them in a better position to restock this team

Itíd be nice to have 2 2nds and 2 3rds if possible

Along with the 1st

Maybe get a 4th back as well

And actually use them. Not trade back. And use them on players we need.

For as much hate as howie gets for his drafts 2018 and even 2020 could prove to be excellent for this team moving forward.

Iím kind of with the rest of you in that with all the injuries and the record it may have been good to blow up and not win, but look how effective players for those two drafts are being due to the injuries.

Pryor, mialata, Driscoll, Hightower are pushed in because of injury and are showing they could/should be parts of the future and even possibly starters.

Sweat is a freaking beast as is Goedert (obviously out)

Maddox, reager, hurts should all be relatively good as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    For as much hate as howie gets for his drafts 2018 and even 2020 could prove to be excellent for this team moving forward.

Iím kind of with the rest of you in that with all the injuries and the record it may have been good to blow up and not win, but look how effective players for those two drafts are being due to the injuries.

Pryor, mialata, Driscoll, Hightower are pushed in because of injury and are showing they could/should be parts of the future and even possibly starters.

Sweat is a freaking beast as is Goedert (obviously out)

Maddox, reager, hurts should all be relatively good as well.

Iím moreso in the middle. I donít mind them winning the division. I just want them to get more assets by unloading guys. Ertz, whoever else they have thatís effective has value and can grab picks in the 2-4th rounds

I really donít mind winning the division on the backs of our young guys. Thatís actually a good sign on some level

I donít want to get more 28-32 year old guys at the trade deadline for the home stretch. That to me is a waste of time

My dream right now is reagor comes back, we see what he, fulgham, and Hightower have

And still somehow find a way to get anywhere from 5-6 picks in the first 4 rounds.

Also I agree on the draft stuff. Thatís what you get for constantly bringing in vets and not developing your youth. We probably would have more young starters had they trusted them more

Ridgeway out for year - bicep

I wouldn't mind a playoff run if Howie adds some players via trade but not just strictly guys in their 30s but guys that are young you can still keep on the team for a few years.

I'm also really really disappointed in Petersons creativity because its tooo vanilla and lacking, personnel or not. Wttf was that 2 point try with Hurts.
    We desperately need an offensive coordinator, like what are they doing? You're telling me you can't find a young guy with an innovative brain to man that position?

I want Rondale Moore or Jalen Waddle sooo bad in the draft this year, but these guys are lethal weapons where a creative mind like Shanahan or McVay would use properly.
    Early mocks (will for sure change) have Waddle going in the teens. I've seen a wide range on Moore. Guys I want most are Dylan Moses and Miciah Parsons, but since they're LBs I have minimal faith. According to some it's 100% impossible unless 1 got hurt and slipped

Travis fulgham is on pace for 1,100 yards and 8+ TDs

Which would honestly be the most lulz thing of the season

Imagine if he had played the first 3 weeks. There was no way of knowing but what an oversight by everyone involved.

The thing that blows my mind about him is when heís out there, he looks like a star WR like physically. Big and strong looking. And then you watch him run routes and catch passes away from his body. run after the catch and you could be fooled into thinking that guy was a top 10 pick lol just insane to me

What a lucky strike. Dude may be a legit #1 WR which is insane. Heís averaging 15.5 yards a catch lol. What?
    Last edited by last stand; 10-23-2020 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by abelugawhale View Post
    Early mocks (will for sure change) have Waddle going in the teens. I've seen a wide range on Moore. Guys I want most are Dylan Moses and Miciah Parsons, but since they're LBs I have minimal faith. According to some it's 100% impossible unless 1 got hurt and slipped
    Waddle is a mistake. We donít need him. Unless reagor suffers a horrific injury, or comes back and looks like crap weíre fine at WR. Fulgham is a #1 in the making. Looks the part. Reagor looks the part on the field. Looks like he belongs. Jackson spoke extremely highly of him. Iím comfortable there because on top of all that, hightower has exceeded expectations as a 5th rounder. Heís literally always open. Itís been my mantra Hightower is always open. Needs to play more aggressive but heís one of those guys that once the game slows down for him heíll really surprise people. He just runs great routes, has breakaway speed. His problem is the game looks too fast for him on a mental level. Like heís slow to make decisions once the ball is in his hands. Give him this season to learn and next year heíll ball for us. Add in Ward whoís solid. Catches everything and to me weíre more than fine. LET THEM DEVELOP so we arenít searching for them. We have them and theyíre developing. This is a talented group. Howie nailed the WR part of the draft. Now obviously drafting Jefferson and Hightower might have been better. But I like reagor a lot.

In terms of LB ya I wouldnít get my hopes up at all. More likely to take a DT or CB. We need a legit talent there but I donít see them taking one. And thatís btw knowing that there will be a top flight LB talent where we pick. There just always is. Itís a HUGE QB and OL draft. Defensive players will slip this year. Thereís 3 sure fire top 10 QBs, and like 5 top flight OL

Now Then DL, WR, LB, CB to round the rest out. Parsons will go top 10 but after that who knows

It's such a tough spot to be in. With Brooks out, No LT and Lane out for a while, this would be the perfect year to get a top 10 pick without any BS chatter about firing a HC or GM.

But on the other hand, I'm always a homer and feel if we get in the playoffs we can beat anyone. There is no team in the NFC that scares me and anything can happen in a one and done game. We were big dogs against the Saints a couple years ago and were soo close to winning.
    So I don't care if we win the division because we can go on a run.

But I really think we need so inject some youth at key spots on this team. Every team has a hammer and nail at RB except us. I can't believe we run Boston Scott on short yardage. As a third RB, Scott is good but we need a really good number 2 ala Howard last year.
    People think the oline has nice pieces and I somewhat agree but we need to inject youth and Seumalo should not be our future center, otherwise were screwed.
    I dont give a **** about a top 10 pick, especially when Howie the dumbass will be wasting it away. You play to win, not to tank for a better pick. I know thats not what your really saying but some people here have implied that.

I rather make the playoffs, even with a losing record and just give it a go and you never know. Giants won a superbowl with a 9-7 record.

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    Travis fulgham is on pace for 1,100 yards and 8+ TDs

Which would honestly be the most lulz thing of the season

Imagine if he had played the first 3 weeks. There was no way of knowing but what an oversight by everyone involved.

The thing that blows my mind about him is when heís out there, he looks like a star WR like physically. Big and strong looking. And then you watch him run routes and catch passes away from his body. run after the catch and you could be fooled into thinking that guy was a top 10 pick lol just insane to me

What a lucky strike. Dude may be a legit #1 WR which is insane. Heís averaging 15.5 yards a catch lol. What?
    Next Antonio Brown! Without the issues of course and obviously body style. Maybe Brandon Marshall. Let Fulgham turn into a Marshall (drafted in 4th round) and Iíll be as happy as ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast