Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    That is such an easy statement to make from your couch.

And also not at all how it works. Ever heard of a lockout? Not saying it'll get to that point but if governors have your mindset the NBPA can easily play hardball.

There are 8 teams that haven't played since March, obviously these teams should be good to go.

There are 6 teams that haven't played since mid August, they should be good to go too.

There's another 8 teams that haven't played since the end of August/early September. They more or less should be good to go.

Then there are 4 more teams who haven't played since about mid September, its getting shakey but they can probably go without much issue.

2 more teams who haven't played since late September, idk where you lump these guys but I could see them being unsure.

The 2 Finals teams just played this month, bout mid October. There's no way they are going to be ready by December 1st training camp.

Matter of fact, the draft is currently November 18th, with camps on December 1st, that's not even 2 weeks to sign free agents, sign draft picks and make trades, that's absurd. League trying to condense 3 months of off-season into a 2 week window.

Not to mention, let's look at was Spencer said the players are the ones taking the full hit here, all way around [emoji1751] idk if his math checks out, but if it does... Bruh.
    Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if the players took most of the hit. **** the owners.

And to think... the NBA is better than the other 3 sports at taking care of the players and letting their voices be heard.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

That is such an easy statement to make from your couch.

And also not at all how it works. Ever heard of a lockout? Not saying it'll get to that point but if governors have your mindset the NBPA can easily play hardball.

There are 8 teams that haven't played since March, obviously these teams should be good to go.

There are 6 teams that haven't played since mid August, they should be good to go too.

There's another 8 teams that haven't played since the end of August/early September. They more or less should be good to go.

Then there are 4 more teams who haven't played since about mid September, its getting shakey but they can probably go without much issue.

2 more teams who haven't played since late September, idk where you lump these guys but I could see them being unsure.

The 2 Finals teams just played this month, bout mid October. There's no way they are going to be ready by December 1st training camp.

Matter of fact, the draft is currently November 18th, with camps on December 1st, that's not even 2 weeks to sign free agents, sign draft picks and make trades, that's absurd. League trying to condense 3 months of off-season into a 2 week window.

Not to mention, let's look at was Spencer said the players are the ones taking the full hit here, all way around [emoji1751] idk if his math checks out, but if it does... Bruh.
    You are still talking about multi-millionaires. The top 1% of the top 1% of earners in this world work their ***** off and when it's time to work they work. That's how they get there. That said, if someone doesn't want to work that's fine, but it will effect their earnings and that's fine too.

Also the escrow is not lost. It's held for them based on actual revenue. There were expected adjustments.

Also the $1.5B in losses were league revenue, but I don't know about team losses.

Regardless there is some positive news from the NBPA for the cap.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/salary-cap
    Last edited by Scoots; 10-28-2020 at 10:36 AM.

NFL players dont have that luxury of just taking a month off. Just saying.

At the same time the owners should be taking the hit where money is concerned as they have so much more. Billions vs millions. Why would the players who actually play the games take a hit. Theres no league with out them.

Thats like my company asking me to continue to work at a fraction of my pay while they continue to profit. makes no sense. If we had a union we wouldnt stand for that. The players have a union, so I can see them giving a big FU to the owners if they dont get this right before next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    You are still talking about multi-millionaires. The top 1% of the top 1% of earners in this world work their ***** off and when it's time to work they work. That's how they get there. That said, if someone doesn't want to work that's fine, but it will effect their earnings and that's fine too.

Also the escrow is not lost. It's held for them based on actual revenue. There were expected adjustments.

Also the $1.5B in losses were league revenue, but I don't know about team losses.

Regardless there is some positive news from the NBPA for the cap.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/salary-cap
    same aregument can be made against the owners. only replace their m with a b.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    NFL players dont have that luxury of just taking a month off. Just saying.

At the same time the owners should be taking the hit where money is concerned as they have so much more. Billions vs millions. Why would the players who actually play the games take a hit. Theres no league with out them.

Thats like my company asking me to continue to work at a fraction of my pay while they continue to profit. makes no sense. If we had a union we wouldnt stand for that. The players have a union, so I can see them giving a big FU to the owners if they dont get this right before next season.
    The CBA says they have to share the hit.

same aregument can be made against the owners. only replace their m with a b.
    Yes, but it's the players who are saying they don't want to work not the owners.

Yes, but it's the players who are saying they don't want to work not the owners.
    right, but look at it from the lens of an owner. They dont actually play so its no skin of their back right? why wouldn't they want the players to play.

I can understand from a players perspective, they take a hit to their pocket, while working in a bubble and being away from their family and putting themselves at risk. I think the owners should take the hit financially while the players make sacrifices in their personal lives to keep league going. Seems fair to me. The owners will always make their money back and some. This is a billion dollar industry its not going anywhere. But Players have shelf lives. you know what I mean?

Bruh what? Most weren't in the bubble. Plus they aren't the ones playing on like a month or so rest.

Money will prolly drive players to do it, just lame they're gonna force it, right when covid prolly gonna spike the worst ever.

right, but look at it from the lens of an owner. They dont actually play so its no skin of their back right? why wouldn't they want the players to play.

I can understand from a players perspective, they take a hit to their pocket, while working in a bubble and being away from their family and putting themselves at risk. I think the owners should take the hit financially while the players make sacrifices in their personal lives to keep league going. Seems fair to me. The owners will always make their money back and some. This is a billion dollar industry its not going anywhere. But Players have shelf lives. you know what I mean?
    What you think doesn't really matter. The CBA says they share it all. The players want the league to make more money, the owners want the same thing.

If the players want more than 50% they can negotiate that the next time the CBA comes up for renewal.

Bruh what? Most weren't in the bubble. Plus they aren't the ones playing on like a month or so rest.

Money will prolly drive players to do it, just lame they're gonna force it, right when covid prolly gonna spike the worst ever.
    It's not forced. It's their choice.

It's not forced. It's their choice.
    Yeah, they can lockout the league, as they've did before [emoji1745]

Yeah, they can lockout the league, as they've did before [emoji1745]
    And the players can strike.

I know a lot of people that donít get an offseason at their job. Iím sure theyíd love a couple months off

https://www.google.com/amp/s/lakersd...ron-james/amp/

Guess some guys may sit out if the season starts too soon.
    **** em. They got two months off when they normally donít.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    I know a lot of people that donít get an offseason at their job. Iím sure theyíd love a couple months off
    Most people you know probably aren't pushing their bodies like professional athletes do either.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast